What's new

Iran: A "Role Model" For Pakistan To Get Self-Reliance in Defence

Sanctions have allowed Iran to be independent for many of its defence needs. This is a great thing

Regret to advise that Iran should not be our role model. Iran’s’ foreign as well domestic policies leave a lot to be desired.
I speak passable Farsi and I talk to Iranians both inside and outside Iran at least twice a weak.

Here is country blessed with huge natural reserves of oil as well as natural gas. Iranians in general are also cultured and educated people. Shah’s policies in the early 60’s ensured that literacy level is almost 100% and standard of education is pretty good. Economy is however in the ****.

Population is only about 80-million and with the oil income alone of nearly $80-billion Iran should be a very rich country. I visited Iran first time in 1962, at that time one Tuman was equal to 1 PK Rupee it means that one dollar equalled about 5 Tuman. Now there are about 2000 Tuman to one dollar against about 92 Rupees to one dollar

Whatever the faults of Pahlavi dynasty, Iran was then a rich country. Mullahs have made a mess of the economy. Regret to say to say the Mullah whether Shia or Sunni, is equally inept at running a modern country.

Iranians are however good at propaganda. Please dot make Iran a role model for anything thing. It is a road to oblivion. Iranians have gotten away with it to some extent because of their oil wealth, Pakistan following Iran’s example will be in ruins.

Please dot make Iran a role model for anything thing.

I accept your points and, while the discussion has drifted, the original premise was about self-reliance in defence. I don't know much about Iran's economic picture, and Iran's political and diplomatic stance is open to debate. However, it does seem that, for whatever reasons (sanctions), they have invested in indigenous capabilities for their defence needs.

That is a worthy goal to emulate.

I'm sorry but how is ripping-off other's designs a blueprint to success? Others have been doing this more successfully for decades, most notable Pakistan's "brothers".

Sanctions have allowed Iran to be independent for many of its defence needs. This is a great thing

I don't think isolation is such a wise policy. Listen, one can be independent and at the same time not isolate oneself from rest of the planet. That is smart policy. While there was injustice against Iranians done by Western world when the Shah took over, but there is no reason for the present Iran to isolate oneself. It is only harming its own population.

If there is something Iranians want to avenge, look at how China has come back with vengeance. China never isolated itself from the world and still has come back so smartly. It is something I totally respect. Iran should actually emulate them since both of them are authoritarian regimes and Chinese model would really work wonders for them.

This isolation is doing more damage to Iran than to West.

Regret to advise that Iran should not be our role model. Iran’s’ foreign as well domestic policies leave a lot to be desired.
I speak passable Farsi and I talk to Iranians both inside and outside Iran at least twice a weak.

Here is country blessed with huge natural reserves of oil as well as natural gas. Iranians in general are also cultured and educated people. Shah’s policies in the early 60’s ensured that literacy level is almost 100% and standard of education is pretty good. Economy is however in the ****.

Population is only about 80-million and with the oil income alone of nearly $80-billion Iran should be a very rich country. I visited Iran first time in 1962, at that time one Tuman was equal to 1 PK Rupee it means that one dollar equalled about 5 Tuman. Now there are about 2000 Tuman to one dollar against about 92 Rupees to one dollar

Whatever the faults of Pahlavi dynasty, Iran was then a rich country. Mullahs have made a mess of the economy. Regret to say to say the Mullah whether Shia or Sunni, is equally inept at running a modern country.

Iranians are however good at propaganda. Please dot make Iran a role model for anything thing. It is a road to oblivion. Iranians have gotten away with it to some extent because of their oil wealth, Pakistan following Iran’s example will be in ruins.

The most sensible comment here. Very well said mate. Iran itself is a very fine country with a huge potential. It can be the Turkey of Southwest Asia but because of immature and emotional policies has pulled Iran back from its potential.

Iran spits on porker faces everyday

Pakistan needs to do the same

These euro inbreds have done nothing but murder our people for the past 300 years

Well, Iran is not THE 'Role Model', but is an immediate model to follow for Pakistan. Iran faced so much adversities after the revolution. 10 year long Iran Iraq war, relentless economic sanctions. Still, check their economy stats and their self reliance in medicine and defence industries especially. Amazing.

Masallah!!! with her nuclear arsenal, advanced missile program, MIRV capability, al khalid tank, her work share in JF-17 tunder, jdams, anza, baktar, UAVs............... list is long!!!! no natural gas or oil fields!!! Self-Reliance is Pakistan!! and she is the role Model!!! and we are proud of our pakistani brothers!!!

Assalam alaikum

Very well said niaz bhai

TARIQ

instead of Pakistan, first worry about your own country!!!

I like Iran but it is hardly a role model.In fact our role model should be Turkey.

It is easy to be self reliant if you have $ 200 million in Revenues form oil fields. Please do not compare Pakistan and Iran. We should follow Turkey as a role Model because their situation is more like ours.

Pakistan should look to itself, China was both sanctioned by the USSR and USA on arms, no friends, but got our first Bomb and Defense industry started to build up, look where we are today, I believe Pakistan can accomplish
:pakistan:

I would say we don't need role models to run this country. We just need to learn from other other nations experience and avoid doing the same mistakes that they did in past. We just need honest leadership who is willing to work for the country and are skillful enough to implement their realistic projects. By learning from other nations I mean for example we could learn from:

Turkey: Education, Foreign Policy, Internal affairs, Economic development
Malaysia: Education, Strengthen our economic policies by learning from their history
Norway: Welfare programs, They have the best social security program in the world
France: Health sector
Defence: We are fine i think

Be nuetral in your foreign policy, maintain good relationships with every nation and instead of shouting everytime like iran... just go for silent mode for the next 10-20 years and work on building a prosper state before coming back to International stage with a bang :P

You will progress more by relying upon yourself and making yourself a role model. You can learn from others but you can make the best policies only by yourself

Back
Top Bottom