What's new

IR-150 passenger jet in first steps

Since it is part of the "Gas Turbine Research Projects", I bet It will be produced in Tuga (same company that is producing the gas turbines for power plants. The had plans to produce petrochemical turbo compressors. Those compressors have a lot in common with high bypass jet engines.

God... i can write so many, things here but i won't.

Just read my post here. Turkish engine thread | Page 8 to have a grasp of building a turbofan turbine.

^^^

Nobody saying it's gonna be easy!

But possible!

Yeah, you are saying the same thing like my Turkish friends...

I wish, you would have read my post in the Turkish engine thread... You are not making a kebab. A Turbofan engine is no joke, it's the pinnacle of aviation industry and only a handful countries are capable of it. As they have 10s of years of experience R&D, trial error, metallurgy...

Mate, please look upon our Turbine engine road map.

ScreenShot249.jpg

You see ? Slowly evolving on each others experience... and i'm still saying making a jet fighters engine is extremely difficult even if we finish these projects...

Making compressors blades, (titanium, chrome-nickel) which will endure immense heat under immense tensile strength because of the engines rev, is insanely a difficult thing if you don't have the necessary metallurgy and production techniques.

It's not the same of a gas plants turbine generator's fans.....
Soheil the picture of the engine is that means that engine is ready or it is just a picture for what suppose to be thanks.
God... :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

I wish, you would have read my post in the Turkish engine thread... You are not making a kebab. A Turbofan engine is no joke, it's the pinnacle of aviation industry and only a handful countries are capable of it. As they have 10s of years of experience R&D, trial error, metallurgy...
Dude, there is no need for you to explain these things to every random child you see on this forum, some people are just incapable of handling scientific facts, you need to know why? just visit the link below,
National IQ Scores - Country Rankings

Making compressors blades, (titanium, chrome-nickel) which will endure immense heat under immense tensile strength because of the engines rev, is insanely a difficult thing if you don't have the necessary metallurgy and production techniques.
As a material engineer, I do agree with what you are saying, but it's nothing impossible for other countries as you are seeing it. Other countries who have this technology achieved it decades ago and with advancements in materials, processes and technologies, it's not as hard as it was years ago. To give you an idea, last year, Mapna group (which is the biggest Turbine manufacturer (one of its subgroups to be specific) in Iran and ME if I'm not mistaken) managed to produce single crystals which can be used in turbine blades, jet engines. As the company's manager says, they have overcame most of the difficulties and challenges in making a proper Turbofan engine and they are moving towards it. It has many difficulties, indeed, but nothing that can't be solved. I'm sure in just few years, we will see that engine in lights of the day, and also, we have very capable material engineers as I'm in close contact with people involved in the industry. We do have some budget problems though, and hopefully, it gets solved soon.

Turkey can also produce a Turbofan engine if it wants, and it has the advantage of having close contacts with some international companies which can give some assistance, we don't have that luxury now and hence, might do most of the work by ourselves and that makes it more difficult.

As a material engineer, I do agree with what you are saying, but it's nothing impossible for other countries as you are seeing it. Other countries who have this technology achieved it decades ago and with advancements in materials, processes and technologies, it's not as hard as it was years ago. To give you an idea, last year, Mapna group (which is the biggest Turbine manufacturer (one of its subgroups to be specific) in Iran and ME if I'm not mistaken) managed to produce single crystals which can be used in turbine blades, jet engines. As the company's manager says, they have overcame most of the difficulties and challenges in making a proper Turbofan engine and they are moving towards it. It has many difficulties, indeed, but nothing that can't be solved. I'm sure in just few years, we will see that engine in lights of the day, and also, we have very capable material engineers as I'm in close contact with people involved in the industry. We do have some budget problems though, and hopefully, it gets solved soon.

Turkey can also produce a Turbofan engine if it wants, and it has the advantage of having close contacts with some international companies which can give some assistance, we don't have that luxury now and hence, might do most of the work by ourselves.
Mate, you are not talking technical... we are good, we will do it won't cut it. I won't say a thing about if Iran is capable or not. But i will say Turkey is not capable of. Not now , not in 2023, maybe, i'm saying maybe in 2033.

Single crystal Turbine blades you are producing are steel alloys... nothing to do with Turbofan engines.. In Turbo fan engines, Both fan , first and second stage compressor blades are being produced with different production techniques with different alloys (titanium, nickel)

And no you can't use steel blades in your engine as it not resistant to heat.

Edit: I think, some steel alloys are being in small Turbo jet engines.... but forget using it in a 110kn thrust, high bypass rate, turbofan engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, there is no need for you to explain these things to every random child you see on this forum, some people are just incapable of handling scientific facts, you need to know why? just visit the link below,
National IQ Scores - Country Rankings

Mate, we have the same attitude in our section too, regarding engine development.

It's really an extremely difficult issue and some people just want to see indigenous engine.....

Mate, you are not talking technical... we are good, we will do it won't cut it. I won't say a thing about if Iran is capable or not. But i will say Turkey is not capable of. Not now , not in 2023, maybe, i'm saying maybe in 2033.

Single crystal Turbine blades you are producing are steel alloys... nothing to do with Turbofan engines.. In Turbo fan engines, Both fan , first and second stage compressor blades are being produced with different production techniques with different alloys (titanium, nickel)

And no you can't use steel blades in your engine as it not resistant to heat.
Don't you think you just said what I said? I also said it will take few years, not that it is already being produced!

You are kidding right? Where did I talk about steel alloys and how did you came in to that conclusion? Mapna group has invested in developing Nicked-based single crystal super alloys and as I said, they have gone most of the way to produce it in industrial scale.

I suppose you should know that most Turbofan engines use nickel based super alloys with low amounts of Chrome, Titanium, Tungsten, Cobalt and Aluminium and other metals. What does it have anything to do with steel alloys that you brought up?

PS: Not all turbines are single crystals and most single crystals in turbines and jet engines are based on nickel. Most turbines in gas and energy industry are based on Nickel poly-crystalline super alloys. How did you come up with steel single crystals? I haven't heard of steel single crystals before, maybe you can educate me in this regard since you seem to know about it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom