What's new

Iqbal and Urdu day in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you have just said in effect is that you can understand the structure, but not the entire vocabulary.

Look at your example. First, the vocabulary.

Mujhpe is not Arabic, not Persian, not Turkish, it is Hindi, straight. Imaan is Arabic, the only 'loan' word in your system. Rakh is Hindi again. Sakte ho is a powerful illustration of the fact that the vast majority of Urdu verbs are Hindi verbs. Only a handful of Urdu verbs are loan words.

Next the structure.

The Hindi, Urdu and Persian sentences have the same structure, subject-object-preposition-verb. They are all Indo-Aryan languages, hence have identical grammatical forms. Arabic is different. You can see from the sentence construction which belongs to which group.

Hope that helps.

I think you are mistaking what I am saying. I was never trying to say urdu belongs to the arab or turkish language trees, I was merely saying the differences between Urdu and hindi come about from the loan words urdu has adopted from other languages. I am fully aware that it is the grammatical and syntactical links that determine the family tree of a language and not vocabulary.

Ap ki khidmat may salam pesh krti hun @Talon @liontk

adab mautarama @Mirzay, mai liontk app ke lia hazir hu(hopefully my tense is proper ;), app bhi iss gufhtagu ka hissa hai to bathai urdu ke zaban pe kia app urdu ko celebrate kernai aii hai yah or indiennce ko dil ke bemari dai nai ai he kuo ke app ke jumle se mujai lagta hai ki abb troll brigade app ke lia taiyaar hori hai, mafi mangh le verna app ka bhai liontk bhi trolling onslaught(don't know the world) pai mara gai ga. :toast_sign:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aapa @Talon arz kia hay, apki khubsurat guftagu mulhaiza farmai.. Kitni shirin tareeqay say apnay hamaray hindu bhaion ko chatti ka doodh yad dila dia!

@Mani2020 kiya aap bhi iss mehfil ka hissa ban na chain gay?

ai hai...dekho mayri urdu kitni soni hai :rofl:

app ki or meri urdu ko daik ke iqbal janab eli bohot hi faqar see kuch horai ho ge, perishan nahi huo bhain abb experience(dont know the word) see mai bhi app ki mushkil urduo ko torah torah samaj sackta huo, chale bandai ko kai see to shuru karna hota hai ;)

Aapa @Talon arz kia hay, apki khubsurat guftagu mulhaiza farmai.. Kitni shirin tareeqay say apnay hamaray hindu bhaion ko chatti ka doodh yad dila dia!

mayray pyaray bhai @Alpha1...yeh sub @liontk ka khiyaal (idea) tha....tareefay laaiq khiyaal hai kay nai?!

Hmm no..Every language has a particular script in which it is best expressed.

That is called standardization.Earlier Tamil(Sangam Literature) was originally written in Tamil Brahmi Script were written in Tamil Brahmi Script.Later on present day Vatteluttu alphabet was devised.Also note that Grantha script was also used to write Tamil until it was abandoned in favor of Vattelutthu.So Script is nothing more than a medium to write down the language.It can be changed according to the convenience.

Is it chatti or chhati. :lol:

You guys can't speak urdu without mixing it Punjabi. :lol:

aap fikar mat ki jiay hum soni ko khubsurat say badal daytay hain...insaan galitian ka shikaar bhi ban sakta hai kay nai?

@LoveIcon hamay yaqeen hay k aap yeh guftagu mulhaiza farma rahay hongay.. Apki ashad zuroorat darkar hay iss dhagay(thread) ko apnay makaam per pohanchanay k lia!

Ap sub ki khidmat may salam pesh krti hun @Talon @liontk :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom