What's new

Iqbal and Urdu day in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because they were using older dialects.That's typical for historical movies.Modern day Hindi uses Khariboli dialect which what Urdu is also based on.See Delhi Belly you will see difference.
@Azazel so you guys changed your language to get closer to us? :azn:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Talon, what is the problem sis, in my opinion you should get out of it because it is one of those threads you will regret posting on probably after a hour and probably feeling like you could've done more in the lab :) , mark my words tick tock...

Urdu came from India, its a fact.

This thread reminds me of the ivc discussions where we are left with the need to answer somewhat philosophical questions of "what india?" And "what indians?"

I see no value of trying to superimpose the modern conception of a nation state on to an issue which preceeds the nation state itself, you cannot attribute a national identity on such things.

Wrong!!,utterly wrong comparison,you are talking about loan words,What we really need to look is the root of the language.Urdu may a some Arabic loan words.But essentially Urdu is an Indo Aryan language and its root firmly lies in ancient Indo Aryan Languages like Sanskrit.Same goes for Persian which is an Indo Iranian language,Just because ancient Iranians loaned Arabic alphabet doesn't mean they are of same family.Arabic is an Afro Asiatic Language,Totally different language family.I can understand you infatuation with Arabs, but no matter what you say you cant change this fact.But,Yes your argument is correct about Persian.But not Arabic.Urdu has not much in common with Arabic other than a few loan words and the modified Persian Alphabets.
1stly, just by adding INDO into things doesnt make it yours...

2ndly,
Arabic is an Afro Asiatic Language,
:blink: What did I just read? Dude who made you a Linguist? Please tell me the name of the Uni or prof....Coz he/she needs to really reconsider!! :blink:

Even wiki can tell you how stupid that sounded and shows your lack of knowledge in the subject!!
Arabic languages are Central Semitic languages, most closely related to Hebrew, Aramaic, Ugaritic and Phoenician.

Mega troll!!!!

urdu is actually a mixture of various languages--formally it was,after passing through a couple of changes in past centuries was known a prakrit,it was a genral public language till 17th centuary--later on this language gained popularity and successfully reached in palaces of muslim rulers of that time as it contains diverse words of different languages such as farsi,english,arabic,sanskrit etc---correct me if i am wrong!

God help us.

Nobody else can.

NO.
The subjects of subcontinent were speaking what are called the aryan indo languages.

Once they were under muslims rules who were closely following Arabic , the locals of sub continents had to change and learn the language of the masters.

Since the masters spoke Persian.

Thus over time Persian has evolved into Urdu.

so now go learn. Use the search button.
There is an almost 70 page thread already on the forum about this.

ok mate u r correct.

Nope,You guys changed your National language to get closer to us.I presume you are Punjabi.:azn:

Yeah okay, urdu was adopted for two main reasons- it was the language of the mughal court after Farsi and second it was not the language of any provinces of Pakistan so it was nuetral to everyone. Leave aside the fact that bengalis threw a tantrum anyway.

Nope,You guys changed your National language to get closer to us.I presume you are Punjabi.:azn:
@Azazel then kindly go back to your older dialects....we can rest with the distance :enjoy:

@Azazel everyone knows arabic has semetic roots with an emphasis on armaic, same as hebrew. :lol:

Funny because the Arabs can actually read urdu, they may not know what the words mean but they can atleast read them and write them once they know the language.

Indians can speak urdu but cannot read or write, Arabs can read and write but cannot speak so in reality Arabs are closer to learning perfect urdu than you clowns. :lol:

NO.
The subjects of subcontinent were speaking what are called the aryan indo languages.

Once they were under muslims rules who were closely following Arabic , the locals of sub continents had to change and learn the language of the masters.

Since the masters spoke Persian.

Thus over time Persian has evolved into Urdu.

so now go learn. Use the search button.
There is an almost 70 page thread already on the forum about this.

Lame argument.Persian did not evolved in to Urdu,Western Hindi evolved in to Hindustan language, and that later became Urdu.Western Hindi evolved from the Apabhramsa form of Shauraseni Prakrit.Persian just aided this transformation by providing loan words and Alphabets.But the dialects are essentially Hindustan.And Arabic has hardly any role in this.

Since when did Persian descend from Sanskrit?
@Joe Shearer when 1 is pissed ...well everything is thrown in hoping to hit some random target!! :woot:

It sounds awfully as if you are looking for excuses to take offence, even when this means twisting somebody else's clear words and statements into a pretzel.
No...me was joking :cray:

I should define a term used in Pakistan, for some Pakistanis?

Here is the Wikipedia definition:
this is because majority of us don't use it...some minorities do....not sure why :unsure:

Lame argument.Persian did not evolved in to Urdu,Western Hindi evolved in to Hindustan language, and that later became Urdu.Western Hindi evolved from the Apabhramsa form of Shauraseni Prakrit.Persian just aided this transformation by providing loan words and Alphabets.But the dialects are essentially Hindustan.And Arabic has hardly any role in this.

I can give you ten urdu words loaned from arabic off the top of my head. :coffee:

brother never argue with a fool for he will drag you to his level and beat you with his experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom