What's new

IQ & DNA

Hi,

--Well since it's one of my field of work... Here some Enlightment for some of you...
--Those IQ test are mostly based on so called "Intellegence" test... or mostly common labeled in our field as "efficient test". The Most used test are either called WISC or WAIS... those "test" are not meant to evaluate that's so called "Intellegence" , but mostly our cognitive capacities...

--First of all, let's me give you an answer to what intellegence is... Intellegence is the capacity to Approach; Understand and Adapt to new situations in a given environment... Therefore it's NOT only a "cognitive" process...

--Intellegence is based on 2 types of Intel... The First is a called "FLuid Intellegence", it's an process based on reasoning and Primary Cognitive ( MEaning, it's mostly based on our Educational/social LVL) and the Second is " Crystallized Intelligence" it's based on our experience, our ability to use what make us, like our culture/perso etc... to answer a situation.
--Therefore Intelligence is a dual-phased process, A psycho-emotional + Cognitive.
-- What I want to say, is that intelligence is not based on how good you can answer a cog problem...but more on how good you can "use+think+answer" a specific situation.

--So now, we've got an answer to what is the meaning of Intelligence... we can go ahead and speak about those "Test"... Those test are made of few "Sub-test", like Cubes ( you need to reproduce a pattern with solid cube), Vocabulary, Similitude, Matrice... . Like I said before, those sub-test is mostly based on a cognitive approach... meaning, only "half" of our intelligence is tested. Like stated before, there is a correlation btw ... High Cog= Higher Education/School/social lvl.

--As a Result, those IQ test... are "Half" evaluating our Intelligence. Therefore the result of our IQ is also biased. In the End the Intelligence word for those test should be changed ( actually, they are thinking of changing it...) and not used as a scale of that process...

--In Conclusion, Intelligence has nothing to do with Race; Blood; or Religion or whatever... it's just that everyone is "Cognitively" capable to answer a problem... What could differ from others, is the capacity to "USE" what you know to answer. Per exemple, we've got ppl who have the "Capacity" to fully answer every sub-test perfectly...but since their "Crystallized/ psycho-emotional" Intelligence is not properly used... They can't...therefore obtain a low IQ result.
Most common exemple, is from those youngster in school, who has the potential to be geniuses but don't... because one side of their Intellec is not properly used, whatever it's personal life related ( like parenting problems, bullying etc...) or psychological related ( depression, border line etc...)

-- Hope you've got an picture of those so called IQ Test...

-- Last note, those test are also, mostly used to evaluate neuropathological disease, When we are unsure of our result after we're passing a Rorschach ( the Ink test :) or TAT test...

--Anyway if you have more Q about it , feel free to ask...

Thanks for that, since you would be more qualified to speak on this, I have a question. Many people assert that above high level of intelligence makes one less social and even when I study lives of people who have contributed immensely in different fields of sciences etc, I can see a certain desire for these people to seek more isolation from mundane human affairs and interactions. Is this merely a desire on their part to concentrate more on their studies or something psychologically built-in where they find it increasingly difficult to find company who they are comfortable in sharing their ideas with?

Sorry for the loaded question!

Thanks for that, since you would be more qualified to speak on this, I have a question. Many people assert that above high level of intelligence makes one less social and even when I study lives of people who have contributed immensely in different fields of sciences etc, I can see a certain desire for these people to seek more isolation from mundane human affairs and interactions. Is this merely a desire on their part to concentrate more on their studies or something psychologically built-in where they find it increasingly difficult to find company who they are comfortable in sharing their ideas with?

Sorry for the loaded question!

There is no correlation btw having High IQ and social behavior and Vice-versa
And to answer your Q... Yes few seek isolation to study without the extra-life burden and others have anti-social behavior ( psychotics; Borderlines... ) or Obsessional behavior( finding refuge in something you can control/understand)

To understand, which of them they are... you need, per exemple to pass few projective tests... like Rorschach / TAT or seeing a Psychologist/Psychiatrist

Per exemple you can find ppl..who appears to be anti-social...but when they are with ppl who share the same hobby/thinking etc... you will find another man/woman...
But ofc if someone do not have any sort of interaction with his own environment..whatever the stimulus you give him...then a pathology "Could" be an hypothesis.

I don't know if I answered the Q you wanted to hear...but here it is... if you have more. Feel Free.

Do uneducated and illiterate people have more IQ than vise versa?

Where does the DNA vs IQ come from?
An illiterate & uneducated person with a competent DNA traces may lose the IQ test to other worthy candidate.

Its a misnomer.

DNA and IQ has no correlation. And IQ test is therefore biased if someone is illiterate.
As for those with low Scholar education etc... The IQ result will mostly be low... Bc IQ test are based on Cognitive problems... therefore the Higher your Education lvl the better you can do...

These 'tests' are usually very flawed, they don't take into account many factors such as education.

If you look at the map, the countries with the 'low-IQ' are usually impoverished nations.

2812_THUMB_IPAD.jpg

Those test... IQ test... like WAIS/WISC are not flawed...it's just their end meaning is not really "true"... Bc they are test based on a cognitive approch... therefore it's not testing the FULL Intelligence spectrum, only half of it, the ( Fluid Intelec).

Therefore low Education areas like Africa or improvished region will have low results.

The problem today in our field is that ppl who do not "understand" those test, think we are giving a scale of Intelligence... But we are not. ( and it's designation/name is mostly going to change in the future...)

And we are using those test... most of the time...not to scale intelec but to check Cognitive/neurological pathologies.

But were not the muslims the first to invent the gunpowder, becoming in the process the pioneers of the modern day defence industry. Was it not the use of a compass that set them on the road(or rather the sea) to conquer the world, which again was a muslim invention.
Islam has a biological DNA? I though Muslims are very diverse bunch. There are all races of muslims. Gunpowder was a Chinese invention actually.

Why would God do that ?
May be, there is no God?

Islam has a biological DNA? I though Muslims are very diverse bunch. There are all races of muslims. Gunpowder was a Chinese invention actually.

May be, there is no God?
The point i was trying to make is that IQ is a random distribution from gods office and there is no consideration of cast, creed, race or religion in this department. The vilification of blacks as being uninteligent caused me to invoke islam and its european conquests. But yes the answer was perhaps off the topic. I am feeling sheepish @MastanKhan

Hi,

--Well since it's one of my field of work... Here some Enlightment for some of you...
--Those IQ test are mostly based on so called "Intellegence" test... or mostly common labeled in our field as "efficient test". The Most used test are either called WISC or WAIS... those "test" are not meant to evaluate that's so called "Intellegence" , but mostly our cognitive capacities...

--First of all, let's me give you an answer to what intellegence is... Intellegence is the capacity to Approach; Understand and Adapt to new situations in a given environment... Therefore it's NOT only a "cognitive" process...

--Intellegence is based on 2 types of Intel... The First is a called "FLuid Intellegence", it's an process based on reasoning and Primary Cognitive ( MEaning, it's mostly based on our Educational/social LVL) and the Second is " Crystallized Intelligence" it's based on our experience, our ability to use what make us, like our culture/perso etc... to answer a situation.
--Therefore Intelligence is a dual-phased process, A psycho-emotional + Cognitive.
-- What I want to say, is that intelligence is not based on how good you can answer a cog problem...but more on how good you can "use+think+answer" a specific situation.

--So now, we've got an answer to what is the meaning of Intelligence... we can go ahead and speak about those "Test"... Those test are made of few "Sub-test", like Cubes ( you need to reproduce a pattern with solid cube), Vocabulary, Similitude, Matrice... . Like I said before, those sub-test is mostly based on a cognitive approach... meaning, only "half" of our intelligence is tested. Like stated before, there is a correlation btw ... High Cog= Higher Education/School/social lvl.

--As a Result, those IQ test... are "Half" evaluating our Intelligence. Therefore the result of our IQ is also biased. In the End the Intelligence word for those test should be changed ( actually, they are thinking of changing it...) and not used as a scale of that process...

--In Conclusion, Intelligence has nothing to do with Race; Blood; or Religion or whatever... it's just that everyone is "Cognitively" capable to answer a problem... What could differ from others, is the capacity to "USE" what you know to answer. Per exemple, we've got ppl who have the "Capacity" to fully answer every sub-test perfectly...but since their "Crystallized/ psycho-emotional" Intelligence is not properly used... They can't...therefore obtain a low IQ result.
Most common exemple, is from those youngster in school, who has the potential to be geniuses but don't... because one side of their Intellec is not properly used, whatever it's personal life related ( like parenting problems, bullying etc...) or psychological related ( depression, border line etc...)

-- Hope you've got an picture of those so called IQ Test...

-- Last note, those test are also, mostly used to evaluate neuropathological disease, When we are unsure of our result after we're passing a Rorschach ( the Ink test :) or TAT test...

--Anyway if you have more Q about it , feel free to ask...
What about the Raven's Progressive Matrices (RPM) combined with the WAIS-IV, would that be more accurate in telling an individuals IQ?

Logically, the only thing that IQ tests can prove, is how good someone is at doing IQ tests.

And since IQ tests tend to focus on things like math, logic, etc. then they usually correlate with education levels, rather than race.

The high scores for Ashkenazi Jews is indicative of this, since in racial terms, Ashkenazi Jews are a mixture of Semetic DNA from the Middle East and Eastern European DNA. There is no racial reason as to why they would score so much higher than other Westerners, it's almost certainly due to their higher education levels, on average.

Ashknazi Jews has some traditional jobs during last 1000 years .One is banking and others are also revolved around this reasoning and maths.Perhaps that is the reason

There is such a thing as a superior innate IQ, but anyone of sound mind can work to improve his/her IQ. These numbers represent nothing more than systematic marginalization of certain groups at the hands of others over a space of centuries.

It also represents the horrors of selective genetic culling in, e.g., Norway, where young mothers had their fallopian tubes mutilitated on the filmsiest of pretexes. The Norwegians should look at themselves every morning in the mirror and then lower their heads in shame. Oh and the Swedes as well.

Back
Top Bottom