What's new

How did Bangladesh become Muslim?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I saw this YouTube video last year.

Excellently put together.

You can see the contrast between Christianity - religion of white Europeans!

Islam, on the other hand, has been spread and led by whites, blacks and even slaves.

It was the Mameluke slaves who brought Islam to South Asia.

In which other religion - do slaves become founders of dynasties??!!

At best they become second class citizens e.g. African Americans.

Islam is truly a religion for all people.

Come on, bhai, is this really necessary ? :)

It is our history! A glorious history!

Agreed. I will modify my words. Bengal was also a place where Hindu widows were Sati'ed so Islam brought progressive change in those who adopted it but progressive Hindus also developed reform in Hindu society that found an additional platform through presence of the British colonials. Sometimes a catalyst is neeed.

However, even though Bangladesh is the sane society generally in South Asia it too has seen Talibanization lately, whether some months ago through that burqi and her supporting mob almost lynching a girl for wearing jeans and top or the Hefazat-e-"Islam" crowd showing their ugly faces on the roads or some years ago the assassinations of Mukto Mana prominences. And it is sad that some PDF members from BD like Bilal denigrate Mukto Mana and other progressives and speak badly about females, even though Bilal claims to have been a Casanova. I want to set up an office in BD in maybe more than half-a-year after the company I am in process of setting up, produces a prototype. Ours will be the best computing company in the world. But what if there is regime change ? I was looking at BD as refuge should genocides start in India.

Agreed. I will modify my words. Bengal was also a place where Hindu widows were Sati'ed so Islam brought progressive change in those who adopted it but progressive Hindus also developed reform in Hindu society that found an additional platform through presence of the British colonials. Sometimes a catalyst is neeed.

However, even though Bangladesh is the sane society generally in South Asia it too has seen Talibanization lately, whether some months ago through that burqi and her supporting mob almost lynching a girl for wearing jeans and top or the Hefazat-e-"Islam" crowd showing their ugly faces on the roads or some years ago the assassinations of Mukto Mana prominences. And it is sad that some PDF members from BD like Bilal denigrate Mukto Mana and other progressives and speak badly about females, even though Bilal claims to have been a Casanova. I want to set up an office in BD in maybe more than half-a-year after the company I am in process of setting up, produces a prototype. Ours will be the best computing company in the world. But what if there is regime change ? I was looking at BD as refuge should genocides start in India.

Bangladesh would now be indistinguishable from Afghanistan - if BNP/Jamat had stayed in power.

An unlikely alliance of Indo-China instigated 1/11 - rest is history.

Islam was brought to Bangladesh by Sufis - it shall remain Sufi.

It is very apt that our national airport is named after our greatest Sufi Saint.

Back
Top Bottom