What's new

IOC president says India could be kicked out of Olympics

Good move by IOC. We should be kicked out of Olypmics permanently. Saves us the embarrassment every four years.

Thats because the Chinese are chubby people who can't run ! :p:

Or was that just you - the Sumo Wrestler in Hong Kong who couldn't even tie his own laces because the large tummy wouldn't allow it ! :o:

LOL, what's going on here. :P

If I was good enough to be in the Olympics, I would compete as a member of the mainland team, rather than HK SAR.

Since we don't want to be taking medals from each other, since we are the same country.

I wanted to be in the Olympics but apparently all the talent scouts missed my greatness. :D

Sad for that, 1/5 population of the world out of IOC is not a good idea, but in 2012 India was banned from Olympics over corruption, IOC hoped India could do something to clear India IOC, but these type things in India are always very slow step, so IOC issued an ultimatum now, India should do something at least clear India IOC
A lost reputation: India banned from Olympics over corruption

Sad for that, 1/5 population of the world out of IOC is not a good idea, but in 2012 India was banned from Olympics over corruption, IOC hoped India could do something to clear India IOC, but these type things in India are always very slow step, so IOC issued an ultimatum now, India should do something at least clear India IOC

if you have been in this forum long enough you will know that india gives as much importance to olympics as china gives to cricket.

They should be kicked out ..Until and unless these corrupt people will be out and the sports bodies are governed by ex sports men, I dont think we will have a good future..

Please kick that body out, I support IOC in this case.

What a bloody mess. Indian sports (outside of the BCCI) are run pathetically. It's the epitome of an "old-boy's club".

Yeah. IOC should do it.

India needs more reminder of corruption of gigantic proportion.

Actually IOC is doing this at the behest of GOI. GOI is not allowed to interfere in IOA coz it's against IOC rules. So Indian govt. is forcing the IOC to put this threat out so that the likes of Kalmadi and Bahnot can finally be booted out.

What a bloody mess. Indian sports (outside of the BCCI) are run pathetically. It's the epitome of an "old-boy's club".

This is actually cleanup

Actually IOC is doing this at the behest of GOI. GOI is not allowed to interfere in IOA coz it's against IOC rules. So Indian govt. is forcing the IOC to put this threat out so that the likes of Kalmadi and Bahnot can finally be booted out.
I'm sorry but I find this hard to believe. If Congress/GoI wanted the likes of Kalmadi gone - they would be. I don't see the IOC acting on behalf of the GoI. If Congress are willing to shield the likes of Tytler and Kumar then why not the likes of Kalmadi and Bahnot?

South Asia overall is very poor at the Olympics, Afghanistan only got 1 bronze and Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Bangladesh got none. :(

Ahem.. Sri Lanka is the only country from south Asia to win two medals in Olympic track events and only Asian's to win medals in Olympic sprints ever.. And that with the smallest population in the region

Duncan White - 400-metre hurdles in 1948 - Silver

Susanthika Jayasinghe - 200 meter in 2000 - Silver

Duncan White - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Susanthika Jayasinghe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I find this hard to believe. If Congress/GoI wanted the likes of Kalmadi gone - they would be. I don't see the IOC acting on behalf of the GoI. If Congress are willing to shield the likes of Tytler and Kumar then why not the likes of Kalmadi and Bahnot?

Actually it is hard to believe. He screwed sports ministers and CMs and PMs with his es txceptional survival skills. Every time GOI tried to take him out, he took the issue to the IOC which insists that there should be no interference from the government of any country or they'll suspend said country. GOI decided to open war with IOC and have been fighting a pitched battle to ensure that at least certain critera needs to be in place despite 'autonomy'. Finally IOC has agreed and is therefore being aggresive about the elections. and therefore you have the following result:

Indian Olympic Association to hold elections on February 9 minus tainted officials | Other Sports - More | NDTVSports.com

not going to hapen

India Sports Change to Avoid Olympic Expulsion

The Indian Olympic Association amended its constitution Sunday to avoid expulsion from the Olympics, barring officials charged with a crime from running for elections.

The changes were made at a meeting in New Delhi just two days before a Tuesday deadline set by the IOC. The Indian body wanted to bar only those convicted for two or more years and leave the lesser cases to be judged by an internal committee.

India Sports Change to Avoid Olympic Expulsion - ABC News

Back
Top Bottom