What's new

Invincible Resolve - Documentary to Honour our Heroes for Operation Swift Retort

Apparently word of mouth, the helicopter was not shot down by a SAM but the retreating No.2 after his No.1 was shot down. It may have been a Bison who got a friendly fire kill.

These words were there on day first as well...... The possibility exist as to why they have to blame spyder instead of No. 2 in panic. I remember that there was some chat that the one on retreat thought it to be PAF and shot it down while he already saw No. 1 going down. Can't expect Indians coming clear on heli loss as after all, the black box is already stolen by some villagers. However, it will be totally unfair to blame Heli Pilot for no IFF or not responding to ground calls. He was on SAR on way to same area where MKI went down and No. 2 could have take it like an hostile.

Sounds a bit far fetched - that guy was bugging out. Per their own public admission of nervous pilots on the 26th fearing for their lives, I think this man was probably trying to save his skin rather than take pot shots on a helicopter with a IR. @airomerix has provided a source on the Kopyo’s need for ideal conditions to deploy the adder so it couldn’t be that either.

The spyder is a pretty effective system especially against something chugging along at 80 knots in a straight line at 1200 agl.
Firstly the question rises as what was that helicopter doing in the middle of a dogfight, secondly, surely the Spyder operators could see how deep their designated target was inside the Indian side of LOC and then the slow-speed it was chugging at......the whole Indian theory is not just thin it's damn invisible.

These words were there on day first as well...... The possibility exist as to why they have to blame spyder instead of No. 2 in panic. I remember that there was some chat that the one on retreat thought it to be PAF and shot it down while he already saw No. 1 going down. Can't expect Indians coming clear on heli loss as after all, the black box is already stolen by some villagers. However, it will be totally unfair to blame Heli Pilot for no IFF or not responding to ground calls. He was on SAR on way to same area where MKI went down and No. 2 could have take it like an hostile.
Or how about this, our EW made the MI-17s appear as hostile to IAF’s Friend or foe...facesaving needed hence

Or how about this, our EW made the MI-17s appear as hostile to IAF’s Friend or foe...facesaving needed hence

Well, to me it appears like some next level thing. The possibility I can say that, was to make sure Indians couldn't lock anything, cannot hear or speak at all.. Deaf, dumb & blinded. So being cut from communication, is a possibility that Heli wasn't replying to any alleged call from ATC/Ground Radar-Spyder etc which could have made it hostile. His speed should have been taken like a hostile Drone inbound for which it makes sense. What really surprises and still can't be understood that how come those genius villagers stole the black box of Heli. Like if those Kashmiris been working in aviation industry for years and were expert to locate, recognize and take out the black box immediately and hide it. Ironically, they found a piece of an AMRAAM immediately like within hours but lost the Black Box. Something is not adding up.

Well, to me it appears like some next level thing. The possibility I can say that, was to make sure Indians couldn't lock anything, cannot hear or speak at all.. Deaf, dumb & blinded. So being cut from communication, is a possibility that Heli wasn't replying to any alleged call from ATC/Ground Radar-Spyder etc which could have made it hostile. His speed should have been taken like a hostile Drone inbound for which it makes sense. What really surprises and still can't be understood that how come those genius villagers stole the black box of Heli. Like if those Kashmiris been working in aviation industry for years and were expert to locate, recognize and take out the black box immediately and hide it. Ironically, they found a piece of an AMRAAM immediately like within hours but lost the Black Box. Something is not adding up.
Can EW fry up systems as well by modifying their electrical values? :-)

Exactly what happened.

Sounds a bit far fetched - that guy was bugging out. Per their own public admission of nervous pilots on the 26th fearing for their lives, I think this man was probably trying to save his skin rather than take pot shots on a helicopter with a IR. @airomerix has provided a source on the Kopyo’s need for ideal conditions to deploy the adder so it couldn’t be that either.

The spyder is a pretty effective system especially against something chugging along at 80 knots in a straight line at 1200 agl.
It was a just talk from what I heard (current air chief's words), will ask in more detail when he hands it over to the next air chief. But shooting a helo ain't that much of a challenge. Has happened before. Could be anything.

Last edited:
I wish there was timeline mentioned of...
...the Strike(s).
...the Su-30MKi being shot down.
...the Mi-17 Crash.
...the MiG-21 Crash.

If a timeline was present, we could backtrack the entire events & put the puzzle altogther.

@StormBreaker - The DA-20 (EW) took out communications of the MiG-21 at a certain point, right. Prior to that, we're not certain as to what role was being distributed between themselves & the Saab 2000 AEW&C. So that is up for debate.

It was a just talk from what I heard, will ask in more detail when he hands it over to the next air chief. But shooting a helo ain't that much of a challenge. Has happened before. Could be anything.
When is the next chief appointment btw ? April ?

Mid March normally. It is going to be Paracha from what I last heard from a colleague, not to mention the tradition has normally been DCAS Ops taking over as the Air Chief position.
That’s something new :-)

Back
Top Bottom