What's new

Invincible Resolve - Documentary to Honour our Heroes for Operation Swift Retort

Yes, we had an AWACS over Adampur and scrambled one of RAWs G5000 ELINT aircraft with COMJAM capabilities althougg by the time it reached battle zone combat was over
He said "After 14th February AWACS and ELINT were active." Never heard him saying anything specific about 26th or 27th February operation in this regard.

BTW, we all discuss about the airframe life of fighter jets, what about these supporting aircrafts ?
@Knuckles @Windjammer

If PAF uses its AWACS aircrafts as primary supporting aircrafts then i assume that their airframe life or hours will be used up quite fast as well ?

Kindly don’t share anything which is sort of confidential, just basic open source info and comparison of IAF (Current and Future AWACS) vs PAF’s ZDK-03 and SAABs

Not at all a concern at the moment. We practically have a rebuild factory for Saab 2000's. ZDK is a chinese platform hence no worries there.

ZDK will probably surpass the Saab 2000s when they go through an MLU sometimes in this decade.
They are also no slouch, regardless of their origin and actually, since they were customized for PAF, there is also very little information available about them and their capabilities, and PAF would probably like to keep it that way.

Here is a what ACM Tahir Rafique Butt had to say about the ZDK in a 2014 issue of Flight International;
upload_2020-3-5_18-18-48.png

ZDK will probably surpass the Saab 2000s when they go through an MLU sometimes in this decade.
They are also no slouch, regardless of their origin and actually, since they were customized for PAF, there is also very little information available about them and their capabilities, and PAF would probably like to keep it that way.

Here is a what ACM Tahir Rafique Butt had to say about the ZDK in a 2014 issue of Flight International;
View attachment 611345

Pilots hate to fly ZDK though. :D

I remember speaking to someone from 21 sqn. He dreaded the day he'll be posted to ZDK after completing 500 command hours on C-130.

Pilots hate to fly ZDK though. :D

I remember speaking to someone from 21 sqn. He dreaded the day he'll be posted to ZDK after completing 500 command hours on C-130.
Might not be a friendly aircraft to fly, but neither is the IL-76. But thats the job sometimes =)

View attachment 611345
ZDKs I believe are for Maritime Patrol

Sure about that?
They were PESA AFAIK.
When were they upgraded?
Perhaps, i was stupid to reference Wikipedia here, yes it is PESA.
Used wiki as Pakistan’s Inventory is mostly always updated in terms of details on wiki.

BTW, as per Huitong’s blogspot, an advanced variant with AESA radar is being developed, ZDK-03A

upload_2020-3-7_1-39-11.jpeg

The latest news (November 2018) indicated that an improved variant (ZDK-03A?) featuring a mechanically rotatingAESA radar (KLC-7/B&R Eye from 14th Institute) is being developed.

Ok Good then
I was wrong, sorry... My mind was stuck in the SAAB.

YOU NEED A BEAR TO FLY THE ZDK AFTER ALL IT IS ANTONOV AT HEART
There are a lot more types of missions that a C-130 undertakes, including low-level flying, airdrops, firefighting, ISR, cargo transport, etc. Flying the ZDK also means no foreign trips piloting the C-130 that goes all over the world for support and spares etc. ZDK being a more strategic aircraft wont be making trips outside of Pakistan. Could be part of the reason pilots might not want to fly that beast over the Herc.

Back
Top Bottom