What's new

Investigative journalist shot dead in Mumbai

Gangs of mumbai are suspected as the guy was involved in criminal journalism.

But tell me why dont u relax and wait before u post such BS. it dents any reputation u have and derails the discussions. is it too much to asks.

first of all there no such thing called Criminal Journalism :) its investigative journalism.

2. they suspected Indian Oil mafia for his murder.

3. and yeh sure wait for the investigation but i am feeling Indians are going to blame the D-Company for it ;) end to the investigations

i have NOT seen any hype from Indian media on this. just routine stories just like they do on other such incidents. rather always the space is occupied by less important news about other countries.

khair. how many Journalists so fare have been killed in India for last few years ?

Not as many as you'd believe.

This story has been the top headline on every news channel for the past 24 hrs. It was also the top headline in newspapers.

You would be shocked to hear how many activists have suffered the same fate. It's only that they don't get enough media coverage.

atleast our forces not killing young innocent boys

i can post the news about Indian forces killing innocent boys. so dont come up tall claims. but anyway that is another topic.

for time being you can post about this topic in this thread

first of all there no such thing called Criminal Journalism :) its investigative journalism.

2. they suspected Indian Oil mafia for his murder.

3. and yeh sure wait for the investigation but i am feeling Indians are going to blame the D-Company for it ;) end to the investigations

1. I am not exert in journalism so its ok for me to be little off.
2. I am hearing the gang stories as well on some channels.
3. Is D Company a non hindu organization (say muslim)? I thought its a Mafia gang, is it non hindu mafia?

Not as many as you'd believe.

This story has been the top headline on every news channel for the past 24 hrs. It was also the top headline in newspapers.

You would be shocked to hear how many activists have suffered the same fate. It's only that they don't get enough media coverage.

since i dont have exact numbers so i dont believe any figure so far thats why i am asking you to post the statistics or reports if you have.

activists of ??

well since there is no prominent news than mere follow ups on ramdev so surely this would have been the headline for sometime. BUT i dont see any protest by Indian media over killing of their fellow.

1. I am not exert in journalism so its ok for me to be little off.
2. I am hearing the gang stories as well on some channels.
3. Is D Company a non hindu organization (say muslim)

:) gangs are your own ones. the D-company has Indians both Muslims and Hindus but since its head is a Muslim so you can figure out what will be more easy for you to blame.

i have NOT seen any hype from Indian media on this. just routine stories just like they do on other such incidents. rather always the space is occupied by less important news about other countries.

khair. how many Journalists so fare have been killed in India for last few years ?

Philippines now third most dangerous country for journalists

Overall, 13 countries made the list with five or more unsolved journalist deaths from 2001 until the end of 2010.
Iraq, which has sat at the top of the list since the CPJ first compiled it in 2008, had 92 deaths, equating to a rate of 2.921 unsolved media murders per one million residents.
Somalia, with 10 unsolved murders, was next with 1.099, while the Philippines was third with 56 deaths and a rating of 0.609.
The rest of the list included Sri Lanka with nine unpunished media killings, Colombia with 11, Afghanistan with seven, Nepal with six, Mexico with 13, Russia with 16, Pakistan with 14, Bangladesh with five, Brazil with five and India with seven.

allAfrica.com: Africa: 102 Journalists Killed in 2010 - Report

With respects to countries, Pakistan, with 16 deaths, was the most dangerous country in the world to be a journalist.

:) gangs are your own ones. the D-company has Indians both Muslims and Hindus but since its head is a Muslim so you can figure out what will be more easy for you to blame.

Too much jana. I wud recommend think about what u just posted and leave it at it. You are crossing all limits of reasoning and rationnalism.

God bless you.

If D-company is responsible , it will be blamed . It is still the strongest gang that operates in mumbai so it is possible who knows .

Btw India is not Pakistan . Religion doesn't play a role in such issues .

and regarding the topic, i posted it to show, that no matter whether you are in Afghanistan, Pakistan or India, Journalists and those pursuing facts are never spared. Let alone the bombing of Al-Jazeera by the Americans during the iraq war.........same thing happens in Mexico and many other places around the world. Stop taking everything negatively.

Yea this happened in India, get over it.

Journo killing: Pressure builds on R R Patil, top cop

Police officials said the way the crime was committed it looked like the work of an organized mafia, adding that a story written by the journalist in the past could have been the trigger. Police sources said Dey had received threats from the oil mafia, underworld and other anti-social elements in the past. "It's too early in the investigation to have answers. We are scrutinizing each and every minute detail to get to the bottom of the case. We hope we will be able to crack it soon," said joint police commissioner Himanshu Roy.

Why is everyone bringing Pakistan into this thread? Leave them at peace!!

Few people & their broken record of religious crap is hilarious... for Jana; every small issue in India, there is some hidden (hindu/orange) hand behind..

Some people you really need to come out of this RELIGION $hit...

They can start from suspected Indian Oil mafia :) and if they failed to question them then may be they will try to blame it on someone, some gang, some non Hindu entity

Back
Top Bottom