What's new

Invasion of India: Doc

I repeat his religion is irrelevant, he comes from my region - so he belongs to my people, I am a direct descendant of one of his cavalry commanders. He is the quintessential Jhelumni. :pakistan:

It is your location that is irrelevant.

Pakistan is not about location. It is about an idea. And that idea had nothing to do with Porus or anything pre Islamic.

Now you may keep on repeating this "location" thingy and it changes nothing. It just shows that a North Western corner of Indian civilization is in occupation by invaders or their foreign ideology.

According to many, there have been some geographical changes from that time, the rivers did change course, how can you be sure? What was present then is the same which is present now?

In the documentary I posted the man goes through Alexander's entire journey throughout Pakistan, and give references to several of the places he went.

He got shot with an arrow in Multan, which is confirmed, so the rivers may have been only off by a few miles.

The result of the battle of Hydaspes sound shady to me. How come Porus loose the battle and retain his Kingdom? ( It is bull$hit, if someone argues that Alexander returned Porus the Kingdom after seeing Porus bravery.). Battle of Hydaspes was a certain defeat for Alexander, and hence he could not proceed further into mainland India and had to return back.

It is your location that is irrelevant.

Pakistan is not about location. It is about an idea. And that idea had nothing to do with Porus or anything pre Islamic.

Now you may keep on repeating this "location" thingy and it changes nothing. It just shows that a North Western corner of Indian civilization is in occupation by invaders or their foreign ideology.

Location, Location, Location is everything, what do you think? Porus would be with his descendants not some Tamil like you, hands off our heritage.

Alexander never lost a battle.

correct me if i am wrong

That is what Greek historians say? And their source is a conversation between Alexander and Porus as recorded by one of the Alexander's general.

I don't understand the Porus 'bravery' episode. If we see the things in perspective such as Alexander stopping his conquest after the battle and dying just days after the battle indicates that it was a defeat for Alexander

Location, Location, Location is everything, what do you think? Porus would be with his descendants not some Tamil like you, hands off our heritage.

There was no such thing as Pakistan before 1947, so which heritage are you talking about?

So you agree Pakistan's ancestors were Indians!!!:woot:
And when this question is actually raised you will start claiming your descent from Nadir shah and babur and what not......

The result of the battle of Hydaspes sound shady to me. How come Porus loose the battle and retain his Kingdom? ( It is bull$hit, if someone argues that Alexander returned Porus the Kingdom after seeing Porus bravery.). Battle of Hydaspes was a certain defeat for Alexander, and hence he could not proceed further into mainland India and had to return back.
It wasn't a defeat, but a strategic retreat...
Alexander knew that no matter how good his miltary planning, he simply could not match up 47,000 men with 500,000 at the lowest estimates.........

It wasn't a defeat, but a strategic retreat...
Alexander knew that no matter how good his miltary planning, he simply could not match up 47,000 men with 500,000 at the lowest estimates.........

Fine, why should anybody gift a kingdom that he won hard?

Fine, why should anybody gift a kingdom that he won hard?
Come on dude.....do you seriously believe that he gifted it??
No , he was forced, cause all of his soldiers , after so many years of fighting , wanted to head back to Greece......
And without his armies support, he could not have ruled and held sway over the kingdom anyway........
so he left Selecus Nicator as it's overlord instead.....

I repeat his religion is irrelevant, he comes from my region - so he belongs to my people, I am a direct descendant of one of his cavalry commanders. He is the quintessential Jhelumni. :pakistan:

Not indian history, it happened on my land, so it is Pakistani history.

so why cant u just say it? admit that you have descended from hindus.

That is what Greek historians say? And their source is a conversation between Alexander and Porus as recorded by one of the Alexander's general.

I don't understand the Porus 'bravery' episode. If we see the things in perspective such as Alexander stopping his conquest after the battle and dying just days after the battle indicates that it was a defeat for Alexander

There was no such thing as Pakistan before 1947, so which heritage are you talking about?

There was no india either, but Pakistan inherited the history, and more over, it is our personal history, therefore it belongs to us Pakistanis.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom