What's new

Introduction to ROTC

Nucleus

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hello :)
EDIT: to make it simple, please tell what ROTC is (despite not being a US Citizen) :blah:
thanks

Last edited:
You cannot join US Armed Forces if you are not US Citizen.The only choice you have is either Join Pakistan Armed Forces or immigrate to US and when you have US nationality apply for it's armed forces.

You cannot join US Armed Forces if you are not US Citizen.The only choice you have is either Join Pakistan Armed Forces or immigrate to US and when you have US nationality apply for it's armed forces.

ok sorry for not making my questions clear, please read the edited question, thanks

This might be of interset to you; I did two years of ROTC while studying in US as part of of substitute for Physical Education requirments.

Those two years were a tremendous experience for me; great comradery, immense leadership exposure, a lot of physical training and great weapons training (M16 & M60).

I was lucky to be part of the University ROTC Ranger Team, part of the Rifle team. Also learned some military science and small unit tactics. Unfortunately, the two years were the max that I could do.

I made some great friends which are still there and most of the people I knew, went on to become officers in US ARMY and some of them served in the first Gulf War.

What you need to do is to get the premission of the pakistani govet. through the military attache in the Pakistan Embassy in Washington.

Cheers,

Aamir

This might be of interset to you; I did two years of ROTC while studying in US as part of of substitute for Physical Education requirments.

Those two years were a tremendous experience for me; great comradery, immense leadership exposure, a lot of physical training and great weapons training (M16 & M60).

I was lucky to be part of the University ROTC Ranger Team, part of the Rifle team. Also learned some military science and small unit tactics. Unfortunately, the two years were the max that I could do.

I made some great friends which are still there and most of the people I knew, went on to become officers in US ARMY and some of them served in the first Gulf War.

What you need to do is to get the premission of the pakistani govet. through the military attache in the Pakistan Embassy in Washington.

Cheers,

Aamir

Thanks, exactly which I was looking for :)
so if I too go to USA on student visa, will I be able to do ROTC without having US nationality?
and also, suppose I have joined ROTC, now after completing it, will I be able to go to PAF? or will I be forced to serve USAF?
thanks again :)

Back
Top Bottom