What's new

Interview: Bangladesh PM says Chinese president's visit to usher in new era in bilateral cooperation

We welcome more engagement and supporting of SHW regime by China.

It will continue to separate the chaff from the wheat internally in BD, so the wheat may be harvested and the chaff may be burned.

US, Japan and EU should also take note of this approach by China. Reward the competent victors and let the nasty losers atrophy and waste away.

I have said this before and i will say it again.

The input of Bangladeshi PM and Bangladesh as nation carry zero value. Their inputs are totally weightless because at the end, the real call belongs to India alone unfortunately. Bangladesh knows that, and China knows that too.

Despite of China efforts will go in vain because right now China has to make sure they are dealing with Bangladesh first meaning India-free before take the long step to seed first which may cultivate the prospering relationship with China.

right now China has to make sure they are dealing with Bangladesh first meaning India-free

Good luck with that.

Given China is investing so much into India itself, why should they deny BD of such just on the basis of a pro-India govt there?

Chinese are after win-win economics with everybody first and foremost.

Good luck with that.

Given China is investing so much into India itself, why should they deny BD of such just on the basis of a pro-India govt there?

Chinese are after win-win economics with everybody first and foremost.

It is not China and Bangladesh that appears to be roadblock to the progress of Bangladesh.

Hint: It is not Pakistan.

It is not China and Bangladesh that appears to be roadblock to the progress of Bangladesh.

Hint: It is not Pakistan.

Don't care what it "appears" as. As though any country can hold back economic development of 170 million people by click of its fingers in todays world. With political development, sure you got a point.

If China is investing large amount of money, even if its just loan-based, that shows they have some level of trust and respect for SHW administration.

Chinese business acumen is not some easy thing to manipulate.

@BDforever was saying the total investment could be 60 billion from China....thats more than even CPEC.

You want to know why? Its because BD already has its GCF at around 30% which is very healthy...so it makes natural sense for China to take that positive metric as an assured confidence in BD sustainable growth in years to come.

Let me tag some BD people so they can discuss this with you:

@TopCat @Bilal9 @UKBengali @bluesky @Species @Loki @Anubis @Russell

I have said this before and i will say it again.

The input of Bangladeshi PM and Bangladesh as nation carry zero value. Their inputs are totally weightless because at the end, the real call belongs to India alone unfortunately. Bangladesh knows that, and China knows that too.

Despite of China efforts will go in vain because right now China has to make sure they are dealing with Bangladesh first meaning India-free before take the long step to seed first which may cultivate the prospering relationship with China.

China will buy India too in the short run. They are selling more than 100 billion dollar worth of merchandise to India. They can just spend a fraction of it on the Indian politician and the next day India becomes a de fecto chinese proxy.

The plane carrying Chinese president have landed in historic visit to Bangladesh.

May be from some Indian poster.. YOU?

I always give data to back up my number quotes. I suggest you do the same so you dont come off as more of a nitwit you have already proven yourself to be.

Last year India bought about 58 billion USD worth of Chinese goods.....not 100 billion.

Bangladesh bought about 14 billion USD from China.

Per capita you are buying a lot more than us from China.

http://comtrade.un.org/data/ (<-----see thats how you put a source and not just quote a random figure in your head)

5.jpg

Xi-Jinping-Airport-%281%29.jpg

RED-CARPET.jpg

27_Sorted_Chinese+president+Visit_131016_0012.jpg

Don't care what it "appears" as. As though any country can hold back economic development of 170 million people by click of its fingers in todays world. With political development, sure you got a point.

If China is investing large amount of money, even if its just loan-based, that shows they have some level of trust and respect for SHW administration.

Chinese business acumen is not some easy thing to manipulate.

@BDforever was saying the total investment could be 60 billion from China....thats more than even CPEC.

You want to know why? Its because BD already has its GCF at around 30% which is very healthy...so it makes natural sense for China to take that positive metric as an assured confidence in BD sustainable growth in years to come.

Let me tag some BD people so they can discuss this with you:

@TopCat @Bilal9 @UKBengali @bluesky @Species @Loki @Anubis @Russell

Let me repeat. It is not Bangladesh call here.

I am very familiar with the economical fruitful for Bangladesh as i have been saying for a long time. The problem is that it is still not Bangladesh call at the end. So convenience of you to avoid this very point. :D

There is the reason why Tibet is being considered as backup just in case.

Let me repeat. It is not Bangladesh call here.

I am very familiar with the economical fruitful for Bangladesh as i have been saying for a long time. The problem is that it is still not Bangladesh call at the end. So convenience of you to avoid this very point. :D

There is the reason why Tibet is being considered as backup just in case.

Yes this will all have to be vetted by India. China proposed this and got the ok stamp from India for 24 billion dollar loans to SHW BD.

Its just like say Chinese investment into India, it has to be approved by Delhi. BD is effectively another country run by Delhi, much like Nepal and Bhutan. Our largest one effectively. SHW is just the local chief minister who has her own local grasp on the situation, but ultimately is "steered" and "directed" by Delhi.

If that was the main gist of your argument, that is fine, we are in complete agreement.

But that is not an "impediment" by any stretch of the definition. It is a pragmatic reality for BD and they are doing quite well under this system....given they are getting this large amount of loans from China even being an Indian pawn. Like I said before, the India-China dynamic politically has not stopped them from engaging each other in a big increasing way economically. BD can certainly feed of this quite well and come out ahead for itself.

Yes this will all have to be vetted by India. China proposed this and got the ok stamp from India for 24 billion dollar loans to SHW BD.

Its just like say Chinese investment into India, it has to be approved by Delhi. BD is effectively another country run by Delhi, much like Nepal and Bhutan. Our largest one effectively. SHW is just the local chief minister who has her own local grasp on the situation, but ultimately is "steered" and "directed" by Delhi.

looks like india can not hide its slave awami league and Hasina any more. And lot of butt hurt indian frustration oozing out. Just when india thought it can rule Bangladesh with its salve awami league and hasina, China just poured cold water on that venture.

Last edited:
looks like india can not hide its slave awami league and Hasina any more. And lot of butt hurt indian frustration oozing out. Just when india thought it can rule Bangladesh with its salve awami league and hasina, China just poured cold water on that venture.

Why is it cold water? Is the massive Chinese investment into India (that dwarfs BD several times) also cold water?

BD economic engagement within the rules set by Delhi is completely fine. Enjoy it, it strengthens SHW (and thats a big win for India), means you have to wake up to her face and her successors for many more years.

Chinese liquidity transferring to South Asia is a welcome thing, even more so when India directs how what and where, like is the case with BD.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom