What's new

Interior decoration

you cant control who is watching your movements if there is a public park infront of your house
Sir my main house is in model town, this one is just to you know relieve stress and enjoy a bit. More like a place to go when one is tired of the people. Plus I am unmarried so no privacy issues there, and my parents if they ever want to stay also can use the ground floor. I doubt anyone would be interested in a guy coming and hanging out with some friends. No one looks into bearded molvi homes :P
there is a height difference where the two frames are fitted into the brick structure -- inbetween this height difference in the brick structure there are windows.. some for double glazed wire gauze other 2 for exhaust fan
that sounds confusing but I get the idea and the picture really helped

I can take pictures of my home right now, my house here in the 'states is ordered in this style. :)

I can post it some time this week. In the morning time so you can see it properly.

I completely agree with you about relaxation ! The home should be , in my opinion, free of clutter and all sense of anxiety and dismay that is usually associated with the work place / work setting. For me, i cannot function if my home is cluttered or unorganized. I am anal like that, lol.
Like you know by now I guess Japanese architecture really inspires me, and the way they build and maintain private worlds inside the same house, I want a small zen garden, and a little area in every room to just forget the world. No electronics, just books and calm. this plot of land is 300 square yards so do keep that in mind.

Ps i would love pictures, they would really help... I have to get started on it soon as the rain finishes and the architects here always are restricting on their vision, guess will have to learn that myself :P

Sir my main house is in model town, this one is just to you know relieve stress and enjoy a bit. More like a place to go when one is tired of the people. Plus I am unmarried so no privacy issues there, and my parents if they ever want to stay also can use the ground floor. I doubt anyone would be interested in a guy coming and hanging out with some friends. No one looks into bearded molvi homes :P

that sounds confusing but I get the idea and the picture really helped
i plan to keep plants in the patue -- there has to be an air opening and that too with double glazed wiring so that insects dont come inside

as this opening will not be on the top, once ive covered the frame, i needed to create the opening in the elevated brick structure which will support the frames .. both my frames are above roof level

c2a2fab7ba9e9b12f7c5cc4c7cfa068a-jpg.94642

this is below -- iron frame

this is on top
764a4f21dc3b51fb7f2d14c0b88ed86f-jpg.94674

no glass work done -- just the frames

aluminium is not sturdy.. can be cut easily -- however my upper rail is of aluminium as it will be anti rain not anti theft

aluminium is water proof

Absolutely beautiful, my good Sir. Aluminum reinforced glass sun roof is actually a great investment ! The benefits of having natural sun light shine down in the house ! Plus, the view of the stars at night. :)

on one wall of patue, ive also fitted big mirror strip just below the lower frame -- this strip reflects light down

i plan to keep plants in the patue -- there has to be an air opening and that too with double glazed wiring so that insects dont come inside
you really love plants, I think they just attract too many insects, and with the fountain you are planning you will have to be careful about dengue. I got it once while i was working in emergency, and from then I have a phobia of water laying still anywhere near my house or anywhere I go.
as this opening will not be on the top, once ive covered the frame, i needed to create the opening in the elevated brick structure which will support the frames .. both my frames are above roof level
Ok now things are clearer in my head, but rain and cleaning them will be annoying. I mostly stay alone so full time servants are something which i do not prefer. Thank you for the ideas, now I need some Japanese touch which I will get and I will be ready to construct. I was confused about the glass placements, but you really cleared it up.

you really love plants, I think they just attract too many insects, and with the fountain you are planning you will have to be careful about dengue. I got it once while i was working in emergency, and from then I have a phobia of water laying still anywhere near my house or anywhere I go.

Ok now things are clearer in my head, but rain and cleaning them will be annoying. I mostly stay alone so full time servants are something which i do not prefer. Thank you for the ideas, now I need some Japanese touch which I will get and I will be ready to construct. I was confused about the glass placements, but you really cleared it up.
right now red bricks [gutka] is being applied in the patue.... once this is completed, then i will start a green wall there

my advice -- ALWAYS build a house which can be sold on profit or be used by your family -- you cant remain a bachelor forever and you cant build many houses for yourself in a lifetime -- pass on something practical to your kids

in 10 marla basement is a must.. otherwise a big car wont fit in porch

2+1+2 bedroom house

my advice -- ALWAYS build a house which can be sold on profit or be used by your family -- you cant remain a bachelor forever and you cant build many houses for yourself
I plan to build it and see how it goes. We have a kanal house and since we are a small family it is enough with 2 bedrooms to spare. But yes let us see how it goes, and yes a basement is a must. Marriage, I am too young for it, 3 years later, too long to think about
in 10 marla basement is a must.. otherwise a big car wont fit in porch
Bahria, cars can be parked outside without any worries, plus this is not a house to stay in everyday, rather a small retreat from the loud city. Mirpur(AK) is too far to go to every week.
right now red bricks [gutka] is being applied in the patue.... once this is completed, then i will start a green wall there
Wow how are you so confident about insects, I mean it is Lahore and it will be an issue some time. what secret is there to make sure you have no creepy bugs...
2+1+2 bedroom house
Yes that is exactly what I want, maybe 1+1+2 if I get my snooker table but let us see...

Not in my sleep
need to replace my gate

need good gait designs..... not generic ones

ty

I plan to build it and see how it goes. We have a kanal house and since we are a small family it is enough with 2 bedrooms to spare. But yes let us see how it goes, and yes a basement is a must. Marriage, I am too young for it, 3 years later, too long to think about

Bahria, cars can be parked outside without any worries, plus this is not a house to stay in everyday, rather a small retreat from the loud city. Mirpur(AK) is too far to go to every week.

Wow how are you so confident about insects, I mean it is Lahore and it will be an issue some time. what secret is there to make sure you have no creepy bugs...

Yes that is exactly what I want, maybe 1+1+2 if I get my snooker table but let us see...
ive 2 gardeners -- one for plants.. other for weekly/monthly sprays

dont waste space in a lobby/ reception/ corridor ... merge lounge , lobby and stairs in a single open space

need good gait designs..... not generic ones
Okay, I think you should specify it... you do not want any open views I get that much, what height do you want it etc???

and your gate opens to a large garden and is it in the centre or on a side?? that really matters....

Okay, I think you should specify it... you do not want any open views I get that much, what height do you want it etc???

and your gate opens to a large garden and is it in the centre or on a side?? that really matters....
GATE
one one side-- around 20+/- feet length one big door [2 frames] for car one small door [1 frame] for general use

DOORS
had my doors from interwood --- a month back saw same design being copied at 1/4 price on college road ----- so a person will come to show me designs of doors from ''old lahore '' will atleast change outside 6 doors

Ok i see you are preferring the weathered look I think that it is good idea to copy the styles of old lahore... I was just going to suggest that... Or you can look at other styles like used in forts..
has my doors from interwood --- a month back saw same design being coppied at 1/4 price on college road ----- so a person will come to show me designs of doors from ''old lahore '' will atleast change outside 6 doors

Ok i see you are preferring the weathered look I think that it is good idea to copy the styles of old lahore... I was just going to suggest that... Or you can look at other styles like used in forts..
a person told me of a kareegar who repairs lahore fort and mughal buildings

Absolutely beautiful, my good Sir. Aluminum reinforced glass sun roof is actually a great investment ! The benefits of having natural sun light shine down in the house ! Plus, the view of the stars at night. :)
mughal designs of old lahore , amaltas Golden Shower tree/ peach blossom are the contemporaries of japanese art here

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom