What's new

Interior decoration

You should look into aluminium. Really easy to maintain and no issues with termites and weather changes
wood work/ cupboards etc just like all other houses

i liked these windows in the tv serie 'elementary' -- i dont like the sliding modern ones.. too many mosquitoes come in
The water features is a no no in Lahore because of this

my mom hit a transparent door as she couldnt see that there was a door there --- so i dropped the idea of doors or perpendicular transparent decor in the middle
I had the same problem with my parents but glass painting helps make it unique and safe at the same time
actually i will be giving her wall to wall carpeting over tiles
Tiles should have centre pieces and rugs rather then wall to wall. Plus the dust is annoying and I hate the sound of vacuums.
oT4JnZP.jpg
Did you find someone who is doing this
searching for some skylight design of 9 by 18 feet rectangle
Where did you settle on this, and from where did you get it done? I am currently working on a sort of a second house in Lahore because Model town is good to live in but one needs to relax so a 10 marla house in Bahria was the solution. It is quiet and safe and one does not need to worry about grills etc outside windows which one has to in this area. I would like ideas but remember it is more of a resting area/chilling area so it does not need to be homely per say for extended periods of time because this house is serving that purpose. Thus more ideas on relaxing and game rooms etc.

@Manticore since it has been ages since this thread is active I thought better to tag you.

@Nihonjin1051 ideas my friend on Japanese architecture would be welcome.
Neutral-living-room-internal-sliding-doors-665x470.jpeg
Snap_Ga65SosNvc415985678.gif
the-living-room-candidate-glass-window.jpg
Trendy-masculine-living-room-665x470.jpeg
the-living-room-candidate-glass-window.jpg

Please add ideas on the basic structure used also... I want a mix of Japanese houses and a basement chilling area also. Hopefully will start construction as soon as the rains finish.

Finally found it after going through sooo many threads, made searches on home decoration to house deco to god knows what :(

1175749_742355299131148_914722629_n.jpg

I just read this :o:

@Gufi this thread might interest you :)
these kind of tube and a ball on top - all with holes is prevalent but i fail to understand how to water them and how will the soil retain water

You should look into aluminium. Really easy to maintain and no issues with termites and weather changes

I had the same problem with my parents but glass painting helps make it unique and safe at the same time

Tiles should have centre pieces and rugs rather then wall to wall. Plus the dust is annoying and I hate the sound of vacuums.

Where did you settle on this, and from where did you get it done? I am currently working on a sort of a second house in Lahore because Model town is good to live in but one needs to relax so a 10 marla house in Bahria was the solution. It is quiet and safe and one does not need to worry about grills etc outside windows which one has to in this area. I would like ideas but remember it is more of a resting area/chilling area so it does not need to be homely per say for extended periods of time because this house is serving that purpose. Thus more ideas on relaxing and game rooms etc.

@Manticore since it has been ages since this thread is active I thought better to tag you.
skylight construction is primarily a job for '' loha velder'' .. you can either give internet design to him or ask an architect -- some loha velders in your region will be known for skylights ,,, ask around

iron welding is strong for security otherwise stainless steal welding which is more decorative than sturdy .. go to the shops which make steel railing for stairs for this matter

i havent gotten to fountains yet but have found somewhat i want at furniture shops near wapda hospital-- a lot of solo workers with photo albums of fire places / fountains visited my house when it was under construction but i was getting the work done by an architect -- architect dont generally take small projects

skylight construction is primarily a job for '' loha velder'' .. you can either give internet design to him or ask an architect -- some loha velders in your region will be known for skylights ,,, ask around
Thank you for the detailed answer. How do they fair in hail storms the area you are mentioning had quite a hail storm some time ago. I want a mostly glass attic design with a view to the park.
well let us see how it goes... Thank you again.... Wonder if you have any idea if there are architects who work on Japanese style architecture. Mostly just do the same western styles. Interior decorators are more easily available. I take it your house is done I am sorry I was not on PDF when this thread was being made, seems like you guys had lots of fun...

Thank you for the detailed answer. How do they fair in hail storms the area you are mentioning had quite a hail storm some time ago. I want a mostly glass attic design with a view to the park.
well let us see how it goes... Thank you again.... Wonder if you have any idea if there are architects who work on Japanese style architecture. Mostly just do the same western styles. Interior decorators are more easily available. I take it your house is done I am sorry I was not on PDF when this thread was being made, seems like you guys had lots of fun...
sound proof glasses have to be considered beforehand as they cant be put in an old aluminium frame due to thickness issues - tempered glass or simple glass with sticker is an option

the glass which has inbuilt design actually has lesser thickness than plain glass with sticker / foil

ive the skylight but have not covered it yet with glass/fibre glass/plastic etc because i didnt have time to ask around [ saftey fibre glass vs beauty simple/strengthened glass ]

asking around means going to many shops -- every shop / archetect/ thekedar will tell you a different story depending on the profit margin he forsees

my sky light is a 2 fold design .. lower frame is a sturdy structure --anti/theft
upper frame needs covering against dust / rain

i need 2 fountains, one standing on ground other attached to wall-- ive somewhat finalized the designs .. if i cant find such a fountain , i will hire a mason/ mistery for it

ive found a great design for exhaust hood for the kitchen -- it needs a good mason .. cant find the pic atm

need to replace my gate

need good gait designs..... not generic ones

ty

That's ugly never liked it! I remember we had 1 of those species in 1 of my phylogeny class or something :fie:

I have seen this one some place cant recall...
ive bought 50 different climbers and planted all of them 3 months back... red,purple yellow white pink orange etc

planted ivy along with the climbers outside

planted peach blossom [pink] and amal-tas tree [yellow] in front [ front already had 2 other trees [purply, green] ] planted another tree e [white] flowers dont remember the name

-- waiting for my 5 fruit trees from agriculture univ for my back

sound proof glasses have to be considered beforehand as they cant be put in an old aluminium frame due to thickness issues - tempered glass or simple glass with sticker is an option

the glass which has inbuilt design actually has lesser thickness than plain glass with sticker / foil

ive the skylight but have not covered it yet with glass/fibre glass/plastic etc because i didnt have time to ask around [ saftey fibre glass vs beauty simple/strengthened glass ]

asking around means going to many shops -- every shop / archetect/ thekedar will tell you a different story depending on the profit margin he forsees

my sky light is a 2 fold design .. lower frame is a sturdy structure --anti/theft

i need 2 fountains, one standing on ground other attached to wall-- ive somewhat finalized the designs .. if i cant find such a fountain , i will hire a mason/ mistery for it

ive found a great design for exhaust hood for the kitchen -- it needs a good mason .. cant find the pic atm

need to replace my gate
wow I am in for a lot, why did I agree to do this I wonder now... anyway share your research when you do get down to it, right now I am waiting for a design to start the grey structure. I wanted to get an idea of what I want before I am told it is all wrong by an architect

@Nihonjin1051 ideas my friend on Japanese architecture would be welcome.View attachment 203006 View attachment 203007 View attachment 203006 View attachment 203007 View attachment 203008 View attachment 203009 View attachment 203008 View attachment 203007 View attachment 203006

Please add ideas on the basic structure used also... I want a mix of Japanese houses and a basement chilling area also. Hopefully will start construction as soon as the rains finish.

Excellent, buddy. One thing is zen style, the removal of any clutter is ideal :)

Thank you again for the detailed answer. The sun roof is something I am really wanting to go for, just hoping that it works out.
Please do show it crop out any details if you wish or show me what it looks like online. I am wondering if Thicker gauge Aluminium will work, I imported it for my windows because over here it is paper thin and flimsy workmanship.

Excellent, buddy. One thing is zen style, the removal of any clutter is ideal :)
I would like your input on architectural floor maps and common house designs, I want a Japanese styled house:pissed: please :ashamed:

Here is a typical / minimalist floor plan for a Japanese family home:

06054-Edmonton-Lake-Cottage-1st-Floor-Plan-Cool-House-Plans-Splendid-vintage-house-plans-Eclectic-Style.jpg

-------------

The Kitchen Area:

There's something to be said about these Japanese kitchens - they are sleek, modern, captivating, and makes quite the dynamic statement. You cannot pin them to a particular mood or tone - they can be warm and cozy or cool and clean. But one popular idea most Japanese kitchens seem to subscribe to is to bring people together, to create a space that can be lived in - a space that incorporates cooking, eating, and relaxing all together. Essentially, a place one would enjoy spending a lot of time in with friends and family - laughing, sharing stories and recipes with, and enjoying the company of each other in a comfortable and inviting room.

zen-kitchen-and-courtyard-665x369[1].jpg

japanese-zen-dining-665x369[1].jpg

light-beige-kitchen-665x369[1].jpg

-------------------------

Living Room Area:

modern-living-room[1].jpg

18-japanese-shoji-interior-design-contemporary-living-room-living-room-ideas-contemporary.com-japan-japanese-japanese-contemporary-ideas-japanese-interior-ideas-living-room-modern-japanese.jpg

wow I am in for a lot, why did I agree to do this I wonder now... anyway share your research when you do get down to it, right now I am waiting for a design to start the grey structure. I wanted to get an idea of what I want before I am told it is all wrong by an architect
c2a2fab7ba9e9b12f7c5cc4c7cfa068a-jpg.94642

this is below -- iron frame

this is on top
764a4f21dc3b51fb7f2d14c0b88ed86f-jpg.94674

no glass work done -- just the frames

aluminium is not sturdy.. can be cut easily -- however my upper rail is of aluminium as it will be anti rain not anti theft

aluminium is water proof

aluminium is not sturdy.. can be cut easily -- however my upper rail is of aluminium
Thank you sir that really helped me get a good understanding. And that is why I want the house to be in Bahria... I am sick of this one in Model town with grills and more grills every where. Bahria is much safer and the house opens up to a large park which means the more open the house is the better. Thank you again

Thank you sir that really helped me get a good understanding. And that is why I want the house to be in Bahria... I am sick of this one in Model town with grills and more grills every where. Bahria is much safer and the house opens up to a large park which means the more open the house is the better. Thank you again
there is a height difference where the two frames are fitted into the elevated brick structure -- inbetween this height difference in the brick structure there are windows.. some for double glazed wire gauze other 2 for exhaust fan

i wanted plots in , not near or adjacent to park/village/water tank/gutter/school etc

you cant control who is watching your movements if there is a public park infront of your house

these are wonderful. Thank you loads, ths is something like i wanted, I am sorry I nagged you but blame your architects, yes I want a zen garden also. I actually want it to be a set of seperate living spaces. This is going to be my relaxing weekend home, so i need it to be just right. I do not know if you are familiar with the rooms of a geisha it would have a separate garden, sitting area and bedroom inside a larger house. I wish for something like that to be made. the area is about 300 square yards and I plan to have a basement and a ground floor and a first floor.

these are wonderful. Thank you loads, ths is something like i wanted, I am sorry I nagged you but blame your architects, yes I want a zen garden also. I actually want it to be a set of seperate living spaces. This is going to be my relaxing weekend home, so i need it to be just right. I do not know if you are familiar with the rooms of a geisha it would have a separate garden, sitting area and bedroom inside a larger house. I wish for something like that to be made. the area is about 300 square yards and I plan to have a basement and a ground floor and a first floor.

I can take pictures of my home here in the states , my house here in the 'states is ordered in this style. :)

I can post it some time this week. In the morning time so you can see it properly.

I completely agree with you about relaxation ! The home should be , in my opinion, free of clutter and all sense of anxiety and dismay that is usually associated with the work place / work setting. For me, i cannot function if my home is cluttered or unorganized. I am anal like that, lol.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom