What's new

Interceptor missile mission a ‘failure’

But please correct me if I'm wrong, success or failure aside....ABM is a defensive system not an offensive weapon....why would India want to down play a defensive achievement.
Don't need to answer same question hundreds of time test was successful

I would rather believe the official statement then some "anonymous sources". According to "anonymous sources" moon landing was fake! Osama is alive! and so on and so forth.

@Arsalan
It is better to wait for official news confirmation on almost everything else as well. Like naval deployments, military procurement etc. We cannot judge someones thin As for the superstitions and delusions you keep on pointing too sir, there are MANY others i wont like to bring in to your notice as that well derail the thread and make any constructive debate impossible. At least this thread have a source, no matter how unreliable/reliable and is not based on personal feelings/wishes. I am not discriminating here but just letting you know what i actually think about all this.

But please correct me if I'm wrong, success or failure aside....ABM is a defensive system not an offensive weapon....why would India want to down play a defensive achievement.

Why do, US, Russia & China do? Or they dont have any failures in their ABM tests? Still US an Russian missiles fails regularly. Have you ever commented on that? I never see you when the missile tests were successful.

Last edited by a moderator:
he only one acting as a fan boy is you.....since it's a reputable Indian paper with Indian sources claiming that it was a failure.
Its Media Article With No Authentic Source Which Disregarding the DRDO Which Official Govt Authenticated Entity in Defense.

There Various More Reputable Sources Which Calls the test Success with Detailed Analysis For the Complete Test

For Example Diplomat

On May 15, India successfully conducted a test of its indigenously designed ballistic missile defense system on Abdu Kalam Island off the coast of Odisha in the Bay of Bengal and home to the Integrated Test Range, the Indian military’s primary missile test facility, The Economic Times reports.

The test involved the launch of the single-stage Ashvin Advanced Defense interceptor missile from a mobile launcher at 11:15am local time and the successful destruction of an incoming nuclear-capable Dhanush ballistic missile at endo-atmospheric altitudes of 20-40 kilometers.

The Dhanush was launched from an Indian Navy vessel in the Bay of Bengal. The Dhanush is a naval variant of the Prithyi III tactical surface-to-surface short-range ballistic missile and has an approximate range of 350 kilometers (217 miles).

“The ‘kill’ effect of the interceptor was ascertained by analyzing data from multiple tracking sources,” a Defense Research Development Organization (DRDO) scientist explained. “The test conducted to validate various parameters of the interceptor in flight mode has been successful,” he added.

Source:http://thediplomat.com/2016/05/india-successfully-tests-supersonic-interceptor-missile/
http://indianexpress.com/article/in...capable-of-destroying-enemy-missiles-2801737/

PS: There Various News Which Disregarded Pakistanis By same Reputable Media May I
Post Those Here

It is better to wait for official news confirmation on almost everything else as well. Like naval deployments, military procurement etc. We cannot judge someones thin As for the superstitions and delusions you keep on pointing too sir, there are MANY others i wont like to bring in to your notice as that well derail the thread and make any constructive debate impossible. At least this thread have a source, no matter how unreliable/reliable and is not based on personal feelings/wishes. I am not discriminating here but just letting you know what i actually think about all this.
Here It Read this Article With Detail Preview Of the Test By Diplomat

:On May 15, India successfully conducted a test of its indigenously designed ballistic missile defense system on Abdu Kalam Island off the coast of Odisha in the Bay of Bengal and home to the Integrated Test Range, the Indian military’s primary missile test facility, The Economic Times reports.

The test involved the launch of the single-stage Ashvin Advanced Defense interceptor missile from a mobile launcher at 11:15am local time and the successful destruction of an incoming nuclear-capable Dhanush ballistic missile at endo-atmospheric altitudes of 20-40 kilometers.

The Dhanush was launched from an Indian Navy vessel in the Bay of Bengal. The Dhanush is a naval variant of the Prithyi III tactical surface-to-surface short-range ballistic missile and has an approximate range of 350 kilometers (217 miles).

“The ‘kill’ effect of the interceptor was ascertained by analyzing data from multiple tracking sources,” a Defense Research Development Organization (DRDO) scientist explained. “The test conducted to validate various parameters of the interceptor in flight mode has been successful,” he added.

http://thediplomat.com/2016/05/india-successfully-tests-supersonic-interceptor-missile/

Another From Indian Express
http://indianexpress.com/article/in...capable-of-destroying-enemy-missiles-2801737/

Fair enough.

So I should believe , The Hindu which has been for more than 99% utterly wrong when it comes to defence things over an official statement from the supreme head of armed forces of India , The President of India ?

so what you opinion ..its a failure or drdo downplaying it?
What can i say. I wont start celebrating as it is end of the world for DRDO nor i will recommend glorifying the failures quoting different texts and examples. It is what it is, a set back but not something that is unprecedented as well.
Why are our people so willing to directly go for either extremes :(

Here It Read this Article With Detail Preview Of the Test By Diplomat

:On May 15, India successfully conducted a test of its indigenously designed ballistic missile defense system on Abdu Kalam Island off the coast of Odisha in the Bay of Bengal and home to the Integrated Test Range, the Indian military’s primary missile test facility, The Economic Times reports.

http://thediplomat.com/2016/05/india-successfully-tests-supersonic-interceptor-missile/

Another From Indian Express
Sir people will say it is the word of "indian express" against the word of "hindu times" what to believe and what to ignore? That is why i said that i do not see any reason to be mortified or excited about this.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/interceptor-missile-mission-a-failure/article8634085.ece

2015 mission failed too

In April 2015, a similar mission failed after the interceptor dived into the Bay of Bengal a few seconds after lift off. In that mission, the DRDO planned to conduct the test against an electronic target missile.

From the looks of it, this seems to be the opinion of the editor, not of an expert. From what I know, in an electronic targeting test, there is never an actual target, but everything is electronic.....so, the Ashwin missile had to fall in sea, because it had no target to intercept.

In April 2014, the warhead in the interceptor failed to explode, although the interception of the incoming “enemy” missile took place at an altitude of 120 km.

How is this a failure? war head may not have exploded, but the interception did happen.

And again, I was actually curious this time around whether the test was actually "electronic" or real. Seems like the test was electronic. If it failed to lift off, it will be re-tested again, many missile tests failed to lift off, but were again retested, but if it was electronic test, then it is a whole different thing. The hindu editor may have confused this electronic test to failure.

The interceptor never took off to intercept incoming “enemy” missile, say sources
The interceptor missile mission, which took place on May 15, was a failure despite claims of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) to the contrary. The interceptor never took off to intercept the incoming “enemy” missile which merely fell into the Bay of Bengal, informed sources said.

An agency report on May 16 said a modified Prithvi missile was launched on May 15 from a naval ship in the Bay of Bengal and it mimicked the trajectory of a missile coming from an enemy country.

‘Never took off’
Informed sources, however, said the interceptor missile never took off from the island; so no interception took place at all. “Post-flight analysis is going on. We do not know whether there was problem in detecting the missile, whether radars tracked it and communicated it to the interceptor,” said the sources.

The DRDO developed both the Prithvi missile and the interceptor.

2015 mission failed too

In April 2015, a similar mission failed after the interceptor dived into the Bay of Bengal a few seconds after lift off. In that mission, the DRDO planned to conduct the test against an electronic target missile. In April 2014, the warhead in the interceptor failed to explode, although the interception of the incoming “enemy” missile took place at an altitude of 120 km.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/interceptor-missile-mission-a-failure/article8634085.ece

Bakwas...check below link
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...vanced-interceptor-missile/article8604747.ece

Google Sources::

https://www.google.com/search?q=ind...firefox-b#q=india+interceptor+missile&tbm=nws

Secret anonymous sources..!! These sources are like gods. They are omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent..

Well, any port in a storm.. Eh?

Main point of concern here isnt if missile interceptor test was a success or failure but point is how our friends from India were doing the chest thumping after the test but same dont have the courtesy to show some sense of resentment for dancing on false news but yeah saying "failure is ladder to success". That is called sportsmanship and that is totally absent here.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom