What's new

Interceptor missile mission a ‘failure’

Is there any truth to this? The GOI must open an investigation into DRDO's claims.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/interceptor-missile-mission-a-failure/article8634085.ece

Interceptor missile mission a ‘failure’
The interceptor missile mission, which took place on May 15, was a failure despite claims of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) to the contrary. The interceptor never took off to intercept the incoming “enemy” missile which merely fell into the Bay of Bengal, informed sources said.

An agency report on May 16 said a modified Prithvi missile was launched on May 15 from a naval ship in the Bay of Bengal and it mimicked the trajectory of a missile coming from an enemy country.

‘Never took off’
Informed sources, however, said the interceptor missile never took off from the island; so no interception took place at all. “Post-flight analysis is going on. We do not know whether there was problem in detecting the missile, whether radars tracked it and communicated it to the interceptor,” said the sources.

The DRDO developed both the Prithvi missile and the interceptor.

2015 mission failed too

In April 2015, a similar mission failed after the interceptor dived into the Bay of Bengal a few seconds after lift off. In that mission, the DRDO planned to conduct the test against an electronic target missile. In April 2014, the warhead in the interceptor failed to explode, although the interception of the incoming “enemy” missile took place at an altitude of 120 km.

Earlier this month, India carried out a test launch of their Ashwin interceptor missile claiming it to be successful .
They even released a video to back up this claim, however a few days later The Hindu newspaper carried a report that the test was in fact a failure as the missile even failed to take off. Keen eye observes have now noticed that the purported footage released by the DRDO claiming to be of the recent test bares a great resemblance to the footage from the 2012 test. The male voice on the count down, the female voice in the back ground, the camera angle, tree line, the launch point, trajectory and flightpath of the missile all look the same.

Feburary 2012 test.

May 2016 test.

As reported by The Hindu.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/interceptor-missile-mission-a-failure/article8634085.ece

Earlier this month, India carried out a test launch of their Ashwin interceptor missile claiming it to be successful .
They even released a video to back up this claim, however a few days later The Hindu newspaper carried a report that the test was in fact a failure as the missile even failed to take off. Keen eye observes have now noticed that the purported footage released by the DRDO claiming to be of the recent test bares a great resemblance to the footage from the 2012 test. The male voice on the count down, the female voice in the back ground, the camera angle, tree line, the launch point, trajectory and flightpath of the missile all look the same.

Feburary 2012 test.

May 2016 test.

@Windjammer this going to be another troll fight. You just created a spin off from another thread. You want to have a last word in the so called interceptor missile test? come on... have it, say the word and we all agree, OK??

I dont know how much time you have on your hand, do something better with your life.

I replied to your thread earlier as well

https://defence.pk/threads/interceptor-missile-mission-a-‘failure’.431776/page-7#post-8339973

But you dont think to stop there. Man you are nuts. Seriously, i never thought i'll say this to anyone so early here.

@Oscar CLOSE THIS THREAD WITH ONE LAST COMMENT FROM WINDI JAMMY

When did DRDO release video of the 2016 launch test

None of the Indian news channels showed the video footage.

The second video is fanboy uploaded for views of some gullible bunch who would take the video seriously all while the uploader makes $s.

Heck, the uploader did not even mention the date of the test in the video description

Feburary 2012 test.

May 2016 test.

Then that should make pakistan happy rt? so whats the problem.

@Windjammer , Your Lies were BUSTED in a Thread which had THE SAME Article.
Dont u get Tired of Posting the SAME STUFF, AGAIN and AGAIN ?

Some posts before you were teaching @Imran Khan about "Half Empty" Glass, when he Questioned about your own Country, Where does the Othher half vanish, when you repeatedly spread your Lies about another Country ?

I know u dont have GUTS to Explain :

- When did DRDO Officially Release the May 16 Video of the Ashvin Test ?
- Why Pervez Hoddboy can be Ignored, but an "Un Named" Source by The Hindu ( which is NOT Quoted / Stands Credible for Pakistan Related Articles ) becomes so Relaible ?
- Why you FAILED to Respond to YOUR LIES that Nachiketa Thread ?

Trolling ki Lat Lag Gai h Tuje...like a weeping child you dare talk about "Aukat" and "1971", but dont have Guts to Talk about Facts.

don't know what their govt feeds to the gen pubic daily through media

@Windjammer this going to be another troll fight. You just created a spin off from another thread. You want to have a last word in the so called interceptor missile test? come on... have it, say the word and we all agree, OK??

I dont know how much time you have on your hand, do something better with your life.

https://defence.pk/threads/interceptor-missile-mission-a-‘failure’.431776/page-7#post-8339973

But you dont think to stop there. Man you are nuts. Seriously, i never thought i'll say this to anyone so early here.

Listen hot shot what are you saying or trying to prove.
All is there before you, the videos , the newspaper report.....i didn't make any of this.
And i have a purposeful life, try to make yours worthwhile. This is a defence forum, meant to discuss defence related matters, i guess not the right place for you.....don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Feburary 2012 test.

May 2016 test.

Is Ashwin Missile equivalent of THAAD of US?? THAAD looks good.

@Windjammer , Your Lies were BUSTED in a Thread which had THE SAME Article.
Dont u get Tired of Posting the SAME STUFF, AGAIN and AGAIN ?

Some posts before you were teaching @Imran Khan about "Half Empty" Glass, when he Questioned about your own Country, Where does the Othher half vanish, when you repeatedly spread your Lies about another Country ?

I know u dont have GUTS to Explain :

- When did DRDO Officially Release the May 16 Video of the Ashvin Test ?
- Why Pervez Hoddboy can be Ignored, but an "Un Named" Source by The Hindu ( which is NOT Quoted / Stands Credible for Pakistan Related Articles )
- Why you FAILED to Respond to YOUR LIES that Nachiketa Thread ?

Trolling ki Lat Lag Gai h Tuje...like a weeping child you dare talk about "Aukat" and "1971", but dont have Guts to Talk about Facts.
Mujey pata hey tujey bahut jal rahye hey....that's why you have to drag all of your nonsense in unrelated threads.
If you have nothing to contribute then take a hike, do some soul searching you may find your answers.

Listen hot shot what are you saying or trying to prove.
All is there before you, the videos , the newspaper report.....i didn't make any of this.
And i have a purposeful life, try to make yours worthwhile. This is a defence forum, meant to discuss defence related matters, i guess not the right place for you.....don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Alas, you replied. I always wondered where you hide after posting useless threads like this.
And i'm saying that you say the last word, do you want to say the test is failed?? We all agree that the test is failed, you dont have to prove it man.
We are trying to figure out what you want in life? just to prove the test is failed and till we agree you will continue to put more and more threads spare us from this torture

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/09/pakistani-boy-suicide-bomber-hero

I live in a country where everyone's life has a meaning, not like 15 year old kids has to die to save his school friends from jihadis. I salute this boy.

Grow up and do not post a signature like that, it is not arrogant but foolish.

I think this mind jam should convince his pakistani army and govt. about DRDO is lier then convincing us, we all already accepted what he speaks, India didnt have any ABS or even a Missile to target Pakistani rat holes

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom