What's new

Interceptor missile designed to destroy enemy missiles successfully tested

Only useful application is ASAT, modern ballistic missles are impossible to intercept even with multiple interceptor.

well agni 3 is capable of having ASAT capabilities....

but since india strictly condemns space militarization, its unlikely to be tested....the last time china tested ASAT capabilities it created huge space debris and the consequences are that now satellite launches are a lil more difficult

Can you please explain in detail your reasoning? I am not very knowledgeable in that arena. But then why US is talking about its missile shield in Europe and Russia is objecting to it. If ballistic missiles cannot be intercepted, then Russia should not have issues allowing the missile shield to be placed in Europe? Or am i missing something?

Thanks.

DO NOT ENGAGE TROLLS! Only aliens can say they don't need an ABM system (Only few days back the NATO offered India to sign up for its ABM system), so again DO NOT ENGAGE TROLLS!

64842.jpg

celebration! any one wanna join?

Swordfish is a long-range tracking radar developed for the BMD system. It was derived from the Israeli Green Pine long range radar

Green pine is used by the Israeli Arrow system also. Now they are working on a Super Green Pine we can also use this technology on our indigenous system in future.

The biggest thing here is that AAD has scored a hit every time it's launched;that's a score of 4-0!

And this is exactly what you want with an interceptor- Reliability!:smokin:

The biggest thing here is that AAD has scored a hit every time it's launched;that's a score of 4-0!

And this is exactly what you want with an interceptor- Reliability!:smokin:

Yep spot on :tup: DRDO has done well here forgot to add the other parters involved:

DRDO units involved in the project are Defence Research and Development Laboratory , Hyderabad (mission control software); The Research Centre, Imarat, Hyderabad (navigation and electromechanical actuation systems); Advanced System Laboratory (motors, jet vanes and structures) and High Energy Materials Research Laboratory, Pune (propellants).

Other contractors include L&T, Bharat Electronics, Bharat Dynamics, Astra Microwave, Vem Technologies and KelTech.

Only useful application is ASAT, modern ballistic missles are impossible to intercept even with multiple interceptor.

I really don't understand peoples mentality. If India achieves something, it becomes useless. However, if China or Pakistan does the same thing it becomes useful.

why don't you go and troll some other thread......

:sniper:

This is important -
This was the seventh interceptor mission and the fifth endo-atmospheric interception. Six of the tests to date have been successful, including the first three in a row.

The Hindu: Interceptor achieves a direct hit of incoming target missile

Date.................Interceptor........Prithvi Target........Launch site
06.12.2007........PAD-02..............TGT-02............Chandipur T.R.
06.03.2009........PAD-03.............Dhanush-04...........Ship
15.03.2010........AAD-1................TGT-03............Chandipur T.R.
24.09.2010........PAD-04 (PADM)..TGT-04............Chandipur T.R.
26.07.2010........AAD-2................TGT-05............Chandipur T.R.
06.03.2011........PAD-05 (PADM).Dhanush-05.......... Ship
02.10.2012........AAD-3 ................?????.............Chandipur T.R.

I added the last line rest courtesy - N. Brügge, Germany

i am wondering when the phase 1 system (AAD/PAD) are deployed to protect chosen locations will they be based in batteries on a Tatra truck? or kept underground in silos?

Back
Top Bottom