What's new

Insurgent & Secessionist movements in India

Kolkata: Two personnel of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) were killed on Sunday during an anti-Naxal operation conducted jointly by West Bengal, Odisha and Jharkhand. The 184th battalion of the CRPF was engaged in search and combing operations in a forest in West Midnapore when the Naxals ambushed them, resulting in heavy exchange of gunfire. The two personnel were shot dead.
The injured have been shifted to the West Midnapore district hospital. The CRPF IG, Vivek Sahai is on his way to the spot.
The operations were being conducted by the three states along their respective borders. More details on the incident are awaited.

WB: 2 CRPF personnel killed during anti-Naxal operations in West Midnapore - India - West Bengal - ibnlive

Naxals blow anti-landmine vehicle, 2 CRPF men killed

Patna, Oct 18, 2012, (PTI):
Two CRPF troopers were killed and eight others injured, three of them seriously, when Naxalites triggered an IED blast blowing an anti-landmine vehicle in Bihar's Gaya district today.

The incident occurred at 6:20 AM near Chakarbanda forests in Barha village of the district when the CRPF vehicle was going for an operational duty.

While two personnel inside the vehicle were killed on the spot, eight others were injured, officials said.
Three troopers were seriously injured in the blast. An IAF helicopter from Ranchi has been rushed to evacuate the causalities.

The troopers belong to 159 battalion of the force deployed in the state for anti-Naxal operation tasks.
It is suspected that Maoists used a huge quantity of explosives to detonate the Improvised Explosive Device (IED).

Patna, Oct 18, 2012, (PTI):
Two CRPF troopers were killed and eight others injured, three of them seriously, when Naxalites triggered an IED blast blowing an anti-landmine vehicle in Bihar's Gaya district today.

The incident occurred at 6:20 AM near Chakarbanda forests in Barha village of the district when the CRPF vehicle was going for an operational duty.

While two personnel inside the vehicle were killed on the spot, eight others were injured, officials said.
Three troopers were seriously injured in the blast. An IAF helicopter from Ranchi has been rushed to evacuate the causalities.

The troopers belong to 159 battalion of the force deployed in the state for anti-Naxal operation tasks.
It is suspected that Maoists used a huge quantity of explosives to detonate the Improvised Explosive Device (IED).

appears that there were 5 casualties of CPRF

5 CRPF men killed as Maoists blow up anti-landmine vehicle in Bihar - The Times of India

Sopore encounter continues, militants take jawan hostage

As the gunfight between the security forces and the separatist guerrillas continued in north Kashmir's Sopore town on Sunday, a jawan was reportedly taken hostage by militants.
Guerrillas had fired upon the security forces on Saturday evening in Sopore town, about 55 km from here in Baramulla district, said a senior police officer.
"One CRPF trooper had sustained injuries in yesterday's (Saturday) firing by the militants in Shallapora area of Sopore town. The area was immediately sealed and searches were mounted to trace the militants," said the police officer.
"An exchange of gunfire between the security forces and the militants has started in the area Sunday morning", the officer said.
Troops of 22 counter insurgency Rashtriya Rifles (RR), state police and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) are carrying out the operation against the guerrillas.
Apple rich north Sopore town, the hometown of senior hardline separatist leader, Syed Ali Geelani, has traditionally been the bastion of separatist sentiment in the Kashmir Valley.

Read more at: Sopore encounter continues, militants take jawan hostage : North, News - India Today

Sopore encounter continues, militants take jawan hostage

As the gunfight between the security forces and the separatist guerrillas continued in north Kashmir's Sopore town on Sunday, a jawan was reportedly taken hostage by militants.
Guerrillas had fired upon the security forces on Saturday evening in Sopore town, about 55 km from here in Baramulla district, said a senior police officer.
"One CRPF trooper had sustained injuries in yesterday's (Saturday) firing by the militants in Shallapora area of Sopore town. The area was immediately sealed and searches were mounted to trace the militants," said the police officer.
"An exchange of gunfire between the security forces and the militants has started in the area Sunday morning", the officer said.
Troops of 22 counter insurgency Rashtriya Rifles (RR), state police and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) are carrying out the operation against the guerrillas.
Apple rich north Sopore town, the hometown of senior hardline separatist leader, Syed Ali Geelani, has traditionally been the bastion of separatist sentiment in the Kashmir Valley.

Read more at: Sopore encounter continues, militants take jawan hostage : North, News - India Today
This blows the hole in indian propaganda of kashmir being peaceful or kashir on backburner.This is the 2nd attack this week.

Seems like some correlation between ceasefire violations from across the border to these attacks. No surprise here.

Seems like some correlation between ceasefire violations from across the border to these attacks. No surprise here.
Easy escape route to blame home grown revolutions on outsiders.really no surprise in indian attitudes here.:rolleyes:

Don't see this same logic applied when the case is reversed.

Anyways, the Jawan has to be rescued. I pray he will be safe and return to his family.

This blows the hole in indian propaganda of kashmir being peaceful or kashir on backburner.This is the 2nd attack this week.

Not to mention the hundreds of Panchayats who have resigned through fear..........or may be they are on ISI payroll. ;)

Seems logic didnt work with indians and i'm being one too it doesnt work with me too.

As for the hostage jawan he is combatant.send in the negotiator to know the demands first.

Not to mention the hundreds of Panchayats who have resigned through fear..........or may be they are on ISI payroll. ;)
If i ve to believe news media then those to threatened them were on isi payroll.:azn:

Seems logic didnt work with indians and i'm being one too it doesnt work with me too.

As for the hostage jawan he is combatant.send in the negotiator to know the demands first.

Well, Indians make tall claims that they don't negotiate with kidnappers, i highly doubt Ansar Burney would be available here.....let's see how this one works out.

Well, Indians make tall claims that they don't negotiate with kidnappers, i highly doubt Ansar Burney would be available here.....let's see how this one works out.
I wonder if GoI negotiated when ilyas kashmiri took Army jawan hostage or was it that just imagination of hamid mir?????

Great words from great people. Playing politics on abducted soldier. Last time when TTP kidnapped Pakistani soldier, I expressed my wishes that they return safely to their family and didn't make any stealth snide remarks. Next time, I will remember these statements said by the people here on Indian soldiers.

We all know who is trying to say what ? Carry on guys.

Great words from great people. Playing politics on abducted soldier. Last time when TTP kidnapped Pakistani soldier, I expressed my wishes that they return safely to their family and didn't make any stealth snide remarks. Next time, I will remember these statements said by the people here on Indian soldiers.

Could you please explain as to who is trying to say what.

We are discussing India's problems. Where did Pakistan come in to it.

And also could you please explain as to what is stealth snide.

My dear, there is a world of difference between what the likes of TTP want to implement and what's the root cause of insurgency in IOK....the life or death of one soldier is not going to make any difference but it does highlight the problem and the core issue which needs attention.

Back
Top Bottom