What's new

Inspired by Anna Hazare, Pakistani to fast against corruption

No scope for a public Arab Spring in Pakistan?? You'd rather be governed by tin pot despots and military generals than rise up against them?
The fabled "Khamosh Awam"

In my honest opinion, it is none of our business what they do inside Pakistan unless it affects us. We should be more concerned about our country.

Only a matter of time before the supporters of this guy get lathi charged and tear gassed, then they will burn tyres, destroy infrastructure, some people might get killed, and so, ultimately, it will end in failure. It is no way that single man does it as he wants to do so. He better get himself to court and then do something, go around and tel people to vote for the right person, himself get into politics. This is just a way of the jungle man.

We already have a Holy month of Ramadan in the process so whoever decided to have fast against corruption is very smart as he knew he has to keep fast anyway so why not use this fast to start anti-corruption rally ,otherwise if late he has to fast for one separate reason

Compare the ratio of insurgency and separatists movement between India/Pakistan.....
The evidence in results speaks volumes for which nation is content and whose nationals are dis chanted with their set up.

Oh.. So pakistan is a land of prosperity, contentment and happiness?
And i wasnt talking about seperatists or insurgency.. I was merely talking about ordinary people trying to change the system for a better one...

A nation who is still unable to understand and adopt their ideology , who tilts from one side to another in a matter of few months , who still has not choose a single stance to act upon is now fighting against corruption . First fight with the people who are playing with the ideology of this nation , who have made fun of this entity let alone the fight with corruption,

One leader says "Partition of sub-continent was biggest blunder in the history of sub-continent"
Another says " We and indians are one sharing everything same"
Third one says " In every muslim there lives an hindu"

And the nation is acting like a joker no-one is there to have their stance against those culprit cum jokers ,

All three leaders of 3 biggest political parties have made the mockery of Jinnah and the people who sacrificed their lives for Pakistan just because there generation can live with peace and harmony are left free by the nation , even not a single one is there to take stance against them and speaking about corruption.

What these 3 leaders have done is far bigger than corruption , first stop them then think of anything else.

Sleeping nation is not willing to wake up .sssshhhhhhhhhh let them sleep

Oh.. So pakistan is a land of prosperity, contentment and happiness?
And i wasnt talking about seperatists or insurgency.. I was merely talking about ordinary people trying to change the system for a better one...
And what exactly causes resentment amongst masses to challenge the writ of the government.......???
Pakistan may not be a land of call centres but if a common man can come out on the street to protest against lack of utilities, they will rise, if required against the system..... suffice to add we had our so called Arab springs as far as back in the 70s, others have only just seen the light.

And what exactly causes resentment amongst masses to challenge the writ of the government.......???
Pakistan may not be a land of call centres but if a common man can come out on the street to protest against lack of utilities, they will rise, if required against the system..... suffice to add we had our so called Arab springs as far as back in the 70s, others have only just seen the light.

You obviously didn't do a very good job. Try again.

Waste of time.

I don't know the situation in India, but corruption is deeply ingrained in Pakistani society. It's not just the politicians, but a majority of ordinary people are also corrupt.

When 1% of the population pays taxes, they have no right to complain about corruption.

chodo bhai log kahan lage Ho. Inki sabse badi problem hai Anna Indian hai. Today he is recognized world over.
mobile.nytimes.com/article;jsessionid=FFD67CB0FBD46ADF9B643825F1C18109.w6?a=830188&f=19

guys we need to change the system. currently in our system frm peon till president are corrupt! politics is involved so much in the beareucracy that police cannot catch the culprits.. if they are caught they are released based on non avaialability of the evidence or judges don't do hearing for them as their lives are threatened. what is going on in larachi is just political show pf power in which common man is dying and police is deliberately looking on the other side. A country where 70% of the police is deployed just to save 2% VIPs and 100% common masses are under the salvage of 30% corrupt police and if they are sincere cannot work because of system.
I am with this old guy in hunger strike.. !!! we need a oparadigm shift a system change so that sincere and clean people can rule and work independently..

In fasting, atleast he gets to eat and ppl will be showering him with iftar..rozedar ko inftari kaerwana sawab hai!

Waste of time.

I don't know the situation in India, but corruption is deeply ingrained in Pakistani society. It's not just the politicians, but a majority of ordinary people are also corrupt.

When 1% of the population pays taxes, they have no right to complain about corruption.

Do you really believe this 1% figure??,,,if this is indeed true, really astonishing that with 1% tax, we can do this much.
Although the figure is wrong.

Do you really believe this 1% figure??,,,if this is indeed true, really astonishing that with 1% tax, we can do this much.
Although the figure is wrong.

1% might be an exaggeration, but I doubt the figure exceeds 10%.

Public services have no money. Meanwhile, real estate prices are skyrocketing and luxury good, including cars, are doing a brisk business. Even middle class citizens have no problem spending thousands of rupees on an average dinner, while the poor people scrape by on practically nothing.

The situation in Pakistan is that people pay little or no tax, and expect nothing from the government. Instead of paying taxes, they spend their money on private power genertors, private water trucks, private security guards and private schools.

Back
Top Bottom