What's new

Inspired by Anna Hazare, Pakistani to fast against corruption

How dare a Pakistani get inspired by an Indian...what a disgrace, we shall continue to sit idly by as our nation decays...it is still better than supporting an idea rooted in India right?...sigh...I will never understand why we, Pakistanis, are so willing to put someone down, who is atleast attempting to do something, simply because they consider it a sign of weakness to follow India.
It is the most obvious sign of the insecurity of a nation so lost and unable to find its place in the world when its citizens mock their own for wanting to do some good. As far as Anna Hazara is concerned, whether he does what he does for political gain or for honest good, he is part of a movement that will surely create something better for India and that is all that matters.
Maybe some day, we will see people in Pakistan do the same, but that doesnt matter because, apparently, moral decay is better than being inspired by an Indian, or an Israeli for that matter an American or anyone who dares challenge the wider muslim world over the last century.

At last I found one pakistani member who think logically, welcome my frnd, lets forget our difference and follow the Satyagrah and peaceful demonstration... Peace is most powerful thing...

Please read my urge in POST no #5
http://www.defence.pk/forums/member...hazare-pakistani-fast-against-corruption.html

Hardly, MM Singh was once lauded as the best thing to happen to India since "Tarka Daal"..... look where he stands now.
This has more to do with pictures beaming from Middle Eastern uprising, where the desired results were achieved by no peaceful
means and if protests in India remain non violent , then eventually they will just peter out.

This is what happens you allow yourself to be controlled by others..

How many times have you found an honest candidate?

Everytime

How many times have you seen your elected representative so that you can question him?
My voted candidate was elected only once. He used to have public meetings (Janata Darbar) where we could ask him progress of his work. He is still the MLA of Sakoli town in Bhandara district, Maharashtra.

If you had to travel 750kms to vote, how did you know which candidate is worth your vote since I am sure you would not have known them personally or seen them in action. At best, it would be the Party that you are voting for, or what your family is discussing about them (prachar).

I appreciate your argument. Its a common practice in many Indian families to vote to a single candidate (due to the influence) but a thinking person who knows his rights and powers as a citizen of India would surely be think about the byground of thoes personals.
A person who does not belong to a party, how come he may become MLA several times?? My father is a Congress Party member. He tries to influence me (Even Prafulbhai Patel Civel aviation minister have came to my house several times). But I do take care of my vote by my wisdom.
As I said I would appreciate your argument since in most of the cases, what you posted earlier becomes the reality.

regards

Fasting itself will change nothing.

It is the symbolism which is exerting moral pressure.

It will force the politicians of all shades to re-consider their lacklustre approach to eradicating corruption.

A strong Lokpal bill will ensure that the corruption is reported and action taken.

Surely, it will check the rampant corruption that is rife.

The RTI Bill (Right to Information) is what has allowed the people to realise what is going on since none could hide behind the files. The Govt is so shaken that they have ensured that some agencies like the Central Bureau of Investigation is now being kept out of the RTI's ambit!!

Therefore, these Bills are working and it is preventing the Govt to hide behind Official Secrets Act.

After this Lokpal Bill, it will bring all these agencies under its ambit and there will be great transparency and the Govt and govt agencies less prone to undertake any hanky panky.

Again, that wouldn't solve the problem, when 77% of Indians think the judicial system in India is corrupt:

77 per cent believe Indian judiciary is corrupt: survey - Hindustan Times

When criminal charges in individual cases take so long to resolve in Indian courts, the government corruption charges will take a lot longer as they're more complex. The people don't trust the judiciary.

The problem is much more deep & rooted into India than what many people think. It's not as simple as the government is corrupt, & no one else is.

Everytime

My voted candidate was elected only once. He used to have public meetings (Janata Darbar) where we could ask him progress of his work. He is still the MLA of Sakoli town in Bhandara district, Maharashtra.

I appreciate your argument. Its a common practice in many Indian families to vote to a single candidate (due to the influence) but a thinking person who knows his rights and powers as a citizen of India would surely be think about the byground of thoes personals.
A person who does not belong to a party, how come he may become MLA several times?? My father is a Congress Party member. He tries to influence me (Even Prafulbhai Patel Civel aviation minister have came to my house several times). But I do take care of my vote by my wisdom.
As I said I would appreciate your argument since in most of the cases, what you posted earlier becomes the reality.

regards

Parful Patil?

Suave chap!

See where is Air India today.

NCP!

Must I speak about them?

Congress? Honest candidates?

You voted Congress, right?

As a political family, you will naturally support them. My troops (Mahars) don't think much about the Congress and I happen to have toured Maharashtra extensively, have many Maharastrian relatives, and my brother was the Home secretary before he went to the Centre!

Samjhlas, bandhu?

Tihar Jail staff kids lend helping hand to Anna's supporters

NEW DELHI: Didi, here's water for you all." It was a boon in the sweltering heat, when a bottle of chilled water was shoved between the bars of a narrow window at the main gate of Tihar Jail to thousands of Anna supporters camping outside the jail gate. As one bottle was quickly gulped down, eager hands pushed in more water bottles.

A huge relief for those standing in the heat for hours. This group of young helpers were children of the Tihar Jail staff, eager to help and be part of the movement spearheaded by Anna. The small gesture was appreciated by hundreds of tired and thirsty protesters. "Some in the group were elderly and haven't eaten anything for hours. Small gestures like these will keep the morale high," said Geeta, one of the volunteers who had shown up outside the jail.

The children, who had just come back from school, headed straight to the main gate of the jail, where most of the protesters were waiting outside. "Homework ab raat ko karenge. Abhi yahaan Anna ko humari zarurat hai (We will do our homework at night. Right now, Anna needs us)" said 12-year-old Pushpit, while taking back an empty bottle of water that he would then run to his house and refill. The group of children, in the age-group of nine and fourteen, eager to do their bit for the movement, clamoured at the entrance of the Tihar gate, while protesters on the other side continued to chant slogans.

In a hastily-written note in Hindi, the kids scribbled - "Kyunki hum apne desh ko bhrashtachaar se mukt karaana chahte hai aur Anna Hazare ek aam aadmi hai, hum unki aawaaz ko sarkar tak pahauchana chahte hai." (Because we want to free our country of corruption and Anna is a common man, we want his protest to be heard by the government.)

These children, all students of a nearby private school, eagerly demanded being "put to work." "We want to help. We want to meet Anna. We want to join the protests but are on the other side of the gate. So please tell us what we can do," asked 13-year-old Himanshu.

These children said they had read about Anna and had been following his protest on TV. "We all want to do something too. He should not be in jail. We want to participate because he is a good person and fighting for our rights," chimed two nine-year-olds, Shweta and Neha.

Giggled some of the children, "On TV we heard the protesters saying "Yeh andar ki baat hai, police Anna ke saath hai (This is a secret, the police supports Anna) We are also with Anna. And we will be here on Thursday as well."

Again, that wouldn't solve the problem, when 77% of Indians think the judicial system in India is corrupt:

77 per cent believe Indian judiciary is corrupt: survey - Hindustan Times

When individual charges take so long to resolve in Indian courts, the government corruption charges will take a lot longer. The people don't trust the judiciary as it is.

The problem is much more deep & rooted into India than what many people think. It's not as simple as the government is corrupt, & no one else is.

Indeed corruption is rife.

But are you aware because of the RTI we have come to know how it is being done and so many leading politicians are now hibernating in Tihar Jail because of the RTI?

Corruption has always been there. But before the RTI, did we know about it?

A Lokpal bill, that the Govt cannot subvert being beyond their control, will do much better when used with the RTI in conjunction.

But then, it will spell the death knell to being a politicians where one can loot and sell favours to feather their own nest.

RTI is Right to Information.

Parful Patil?

Suave chap!

See where is Air India today.

NCP!

Must I speak about them?

Congress? Honest candidates?

You voted Congress, right?

As a political family, you will naturally support them. My troops (Mahars) don't think much about the Congress and I happen to have toured Maharashtra extensively, have many Maharastrian relatives, and my brother was the Home secretary before he went to the Centre!

Samjhlas, bandhu?

You completely missreaden my post. I said though my family, my father is been influenced by Congress (he is congress partymen) , they were not able to make me vote for COng or NCP.

About Prafulla Patel, you are right absolute 101%.
Samzalla Ki nahi bhau..

Men behind this movement:

Arvind Kejriwal

Mechanical Engineer -IIT Kharagpur

Job :-Tata Steel
Former IRS resigned from the Govt job(posted IT Commisioner's office)

Social Activist:-
Man behind (Right to Information Act).
LokPal bill

Various Awards:
2004: Ashoka Fellow, Civic Engagement.
2005: 'Satyendra Dubey Memorial Award', IIT Kanpur for his campaign for bringing transparency in Government
2006: Ramon Magsaysay Award for Emergent Leadership.
2006: CNN-IBN, 'Indian of the Year' in Public Service
2009: Distinguished Alumnus Award, IIT Kharagpur for Emergent Leadership.
2010: Policy Change Agent of the Year, Economic Times Corporate Excellence Award along with Aruna Roy.

.............He left his job in IRS to fight against corruption.He is now the right hand man of Anna Hazare!

Arvind Kejriwal

as if mr hazaray is not poked at and made fun of.

this is just a gimick and will die down you will see

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

In my PERSONAL opinion we dont need any stupid mass movement at this hour in Pakistan. nobody hails corruption but anna way is no way to fight it.

Demanding a stronger bill through parliament is one thing and going for public stir is another
Mam i don't think that their is any need for me to explain you anything about the RTI ACT in India and its contribution in taming the corrupts to some extent.....but i am sure that you are not aware about the shri Anna hazare contribution in this act...so i think mam you need to go through this

Right to Information movement

In the early 2000s Hazare led a movement in Maharashtra state which forced the state government to pass a stronger Maharashtra Right to Information Act. This Act was later considered as the base document for the Right toInformation Act 2005 (RTI) , enacted by the Union Government. It also ensured that the President of India assented to this new Act.

Law professor Alasdair Scott Roberts said:
The state of Maharashtra – home to one of the world's largest cities, Mumbai, adopted a Right to Information Act in 2003, prodded by the hunger strike of prominent activist, Anna Hazare. ("All corruption can end only if there is freedom of information," said Hazare, who resumed his strike in February 2004 to push for better enforcement of the Act).

On 20 July 2006 the Union Cabinet amended the Right to Information Act 2005 to exclude the file noting by the government officials from its purview. Hazare began his fast unto death on 9 August 2006 in Alandi against the proposed amendment. He ended his fast on 19 August 2006, after the government agreed to change its earlier decision.
COURTESY-WIKI

No scope for a public Arab Spring in Pakistan?? You'd rather be governed by tin pot despots and military generals than rise up against them?
The fabled "Khamosh Awam"

No scope for a public Arab Spring in Pakistan?? You'd rather be governed by tin pot despots and military generals than rise up against them?
The fabled "Khamosh Awam"

Compare the ratio of insurgency and separatists movement between India/Pakistan.....
The evidence in results speaks volumes for which nation is content and whose nationals are dis chanted with their set up.

Back
Top Bottom