What's new

Inspired by Anna Hazare, Pakistani to fast against corruption

True about letting ruling people know that public is unhappy BUT that will be convyed through ballet in comming elections.

No need for emotional steps and disturb public order. We had done that during Lawyers' movment

A vote once it 5 years does not eradicate corruption, we are voting for last 64 years..nothing happened....

Lots of promises in the election campaigns...then 5 years easy, cool life with power.

Here is one of the protester who is a VP in a global bank in Hong Kong came down for hunger strike,..

Saraf was among the 72 protesters who were fasting for the second consecutive day at Azad Maidan; two new recruits joined the fast on Wednesday. At the maidan, Saraf intermittently checks his Blackberry, not for investment updates or market movements but for news of Anna Hazare's release. For the most part, he sits on the stage, listening to people unspooling long speeches about the corruption they'd faced.

"When I was in India, I used to evade taxes. I don't even try that in Hong Kong. Here, I used to jump signals, I don't do that there," he confesses. "What I'm getting at is that I am the same person-I still want to reach my office quickly, still make more money. But there is a system I must follow. India needs to have a better system in place and the Jan Lokpal draft is the best piece of legislation drafted in India."

Saraf, who lives in Kowloon, says he dreams of a cleaner India to which he can one day bring his children back. "There isn't a magic wand, but this is as close as we can get to root out corruption," he says.

Votes would only change the regime of government. One theif would be replaced by another.. There wont be any change in reality on the graound. Instead of this the change in public mood would bring a revolution. After all these politicians are amongst the common man..

regards

Who will take up graft bill for debate and where ? none other than politicains in the parliament.

its all about political solution and not bloody revolutions

A vote once it 5 years does not eradicate corruption, we are voting for last 64 years..nothing happened....

Lots of promises in the election campaigns...then 5 years easy, cool life with power.

How such hunger strikes abolish voting system or replace it with some other?

Here is one of the protester who is a VP in a global bank in Hong Kong came down for hunger strike,..

Yes i read about Saraf and amusingly it was him like thousands of inviduals in a country who are cause for such collasped system . The same man who is abiding rules in another country due to fear of rule of law was violating the same in his own country.

Its responsibility of each individual to follow the rules and System will automatically get on track

Votes would only change the regime of government. One theif would be replaced by another.. There wont be any change in reality on the graound. Instead of this the change in public mood would bring a revolution. After all these politicians are amongst the common man..

True, but how would this fasting protest bring the necessary changes in India, ensuring that the next person that comes in is not a thief. The current problem in the Indian leadership is epidemic, a reflection of Indian society & culture, extremely deep rooted problems, & fasting protests will not rectify them, only aggravate them. That is my opinion anyways.

What's wrong in him being inspired by Anna Hazare? Better then being inspired by Mullah Omar. Altough I highly doubt he's going to make a change.

True, but how would this fasting protest bring the necessary changes in India, ensuring that the next person that comes in is not a thief. The current problem in the Indian leadership is epidemic, a reflection of Indian society & culture, extremely deep rooted problems, & fasting protests will not rectify them, only aggravate them. That is my opinion anyways.
The protest in India is not to overthrow the government.It's to introduce a strong anti-corruption bill. Violent protests would've been put down in a couple of days. Non-violent fast ensures that the Govt.cannot quell it without facing severe backlash as observed.
Not sure how it will work in Pakistan.

How the hell a pakistani can inspired by a hindustani???

Is it your problem JANA or you really dont advocate the principle of fasts and peaceful protests?

The protest in India is not to overthrow the government.It's to introduce a strong anti-corruption bill. Violent protests would've been put down in a couple of days. Non-violent fast ensures that the Govt.cannot quell it without facing severe backlash as observed.
Not sure how it will work in Pakistan.

You misunderstand me: I never implied it is to overthrow the government. I said how will it ensure that there is no corruption in India, when corruption is rampant, & part & parcel of this part of the world, it is a deep rooted cultural problem, & fasting protests will not rectify them.

I find it amusing that people parrot idealism as a panacea of life.

It it were so, then the world would be Paradise!

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Is it your problem JANA or you really dont advocate the principle of fasts and peaceful protests?

Not when it does not suit the agenda.

Imran Khan's protest against the US and stopping the US logistic route was as per the Law and democracy!

That was kosher!

You misunderstand me: I never implied it is to overthrow the government. I said how will it ensure that there is no corruption in India, when corruption is rampant, & part & parcel of this part of the world, it is a deep rooted cultural problem, & fasting protests will not rectify them.
No one expects an immediate rectification. But like I mentioned in some other post,we (India and Pakistan) can no longer rely on a bottoms up approach. As individuals we may be promoting corruption at grass root levels, but these do not make up the billions of dollars from both countries stashed abroad every year. The protests are to shake up things from the top to the bottom. Even if a single change can be brought about it will be a victory. We cannot sit like a leaf in the wind saying nothing can change. People of both countries are tired of submitting to fate.

:lol: smells like your some complex inside you. Nobody has an issue if he is inspired by an Indian or an alien.

all i am stating here my personal opinion that My country does not need any such Mass Movment at this hour and this is all political gimick nothing else

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

What's wrong in him being inspired by Anna Hazare? Better then being inspired by Mullah Omar. Altough I highly doubt he's going to make a change.

The point here is NOT the first line of your point BUT The last line in Bold.

Who will take up graft bill for debate and where ? none other than politicains in the parliament.

its all about political solution and not bloody revolutions

Its us, we the common people who decides (and must do carefully), to whome we should send to Parliament..

The point here is NOT the first line of your point BUT The last line in Bold.

That may be true. But speaking as an overt optimist, there's no way to know that unless he tries.

In my PERSONAL opinion we dont need any stupid mass movement at this hour in Pakistan. nobody hails corruption but anna way is no way to fight it. Demanding a stronger bill through parliament is one thing and going for public stir is another
This is no way to fight it? How do YOU intend to stamp out corruption? Vote in someone else? Who? He'll probably be more corrupt than the one voted out.

Politics is a family business where people enter to make hay while the sun shines. No one's bothered about good governance. It's the lure of lucre!

So, how do you intend bringing in laws to root out corruption since the lawmakers are lawbreakers themselves? Will they ever allow an anti corruption bill to be passed in your Parliament? Simple answer - NO! Therefore I suggest you just lie down and enjoy it!

Its us, we the common people who decides (and must do carefully), to whome we should send to Parliament..

That is what i am saying and how does it matter if ONE Anna hazaray or any Pakistani go on hunger and die of hunger when thousands of Indians are already automatically on hunger similaraly hunderds of Pakistanis facing the same automatic hunger.

Back
Top Bottom