What's new

Insas rifles may be on its way out

As I told you are a big BS with zero knowledge.Instead of shooting from your heap,you should ask pros like Brig. Ray and Kunal Biswas who use this INSAS as part of their job.

Notice both of them are bengali like him..now know why his smart arse so fried, perhaps love for Bengal...please ensure quality from so proud Bengal..lol

Nobody says anything about bengalis.. fcuking north Indians. You wanna own his a$$ be my friend !!

Even the AK would.

There is a reason no Indian SOF Unit uses INSAS...not even the RR!

Yes there is chump!Because the 5.56X45mm NATO round is totally designed for conventional warfare.
Its main purposes were,
1.To enable the soldiers to carry greater amount of ammo for prolonged periods.Assuming each soldier can carry useful load of 10 kg ammunition,a grunt can carry 660 rounds of 5.56mm NATO rounds while for the same 10 kg,a soldier can carry only 300 7.62mm rounds.

2.In a conventional war,it's more effective to maim rather than kill like more burfen on medical facilities,tying down troops in moving thier injured buddies away from field of fire,psychological effect etc.

But in COIN ops,these are not the objectives.That's why INSAS is not used in COIN ops,not due to lack of performance or something.

The US soldiers are facing the same problem in Afghanistan and Iraq-does that mean their guns are junks??

Yes there is chump!Because the 5.56X45mm NATO round is totally designed for conventional warfare.
Its main purposes were,
1.To enable the soldiers to carry greater amount of ammo for prolonged periods.Assuming each soldier can carry useful load of 10 kg ammunition,a grunt can carry 660 rounds of 5.56mm NATO rounds while for the same 10 kg,a soldier can carry only 300 7.62mm rounds.

2.In a conventional war,it's more effective to maim rather than kill like more burfen on medical facilities,tying down troops in moving thier injured buddies away from field of fire,psychological effect etc.

But in COIN ops,these are not the objectives.That's why INSAS is not used in COIN ops,not due to lack of performance or something.

The US soldiers are facing the same problem in Afghanistan and Iraq-does that mean their guns are junks??

U must have been in Afganistan & Iraq for first hand info of plight of ISAF...Notice the raw video of "Funker530" on utube...u must see every combat to get ur answer..

Oh yeah!That' what your knowledge is and you even dared to spread such BS on this forum!!I know the likes of you-typical dumb child acting smart arse know it all and trying to get some attention so hard.But in reallity you have got 0 knowledge wrt army procurement procedures.

The reallity is that no body can force the Indian armed firces to forcibly swallow down something.The classic examples are Arjun tank,Tank Ex,ARDE 185mm artillery gun,MSMC,SV 2000 radar,HAL LCA and the list goes on.So from next time do some research and home work before opening your bloody mouth and spreading sh*t all over the net.

Hard......what hard know I wont be getting anyting with this forum,,,,,.....I know every thing what SAF doing in Kanpur, so don't compell me to reveal... ... ur an BS trying hard for crap like Insas.......goodluck anyway

Its main purposes were,

Why the heck are you dragging your azz back and forth in this thread again and again...I have made my points if you dont agree then good luck to you.

Dont behave like your bread and butter depends on your performance in PDF.

@acetophenol,
Sorry but I beg to differ from you on penetrative power of AK.
A M 47 round can never have more penetrative power than a 5.56X45mm SS 109 round due to simple laws of physics.

Kinetic energy is equal to MassXVelocity square.So as you can see,the prijectile with greater velocity will have greater kinetic energy unless the slower one is too much heavier which is not the case here.

Now,a M 47 travells at 720 meter/second and a SS 109 travells at 930meter/second.So the later has definately more penetration power and that's why they can penetrate level 3 bpj while the M 47 can't.
On the other hand,the slower but heavier AK rounds have greater stopping power due to their greater hydrostatic shock effect.Means,upon contacting soft tissue,they create a shock wave that travells through the body fluids and cause secondary neural damage at relatively distant body parts from the actual point of impact and this inturn helps the tango bring down more easily.

Just to show some silly dumbarse kids the real knowledge whose all practicak knowledge is based in nothing more than youyube videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had read a US soldier's blog back in '07 who had exercised with the IA and whilst he head praised the IA men he was damning of the INSAS- he called it a PoS. And he's 100% right.

Mind if I ask how do you his ****??Have you fired it yourself??Certainly not.Then.........wait wait,wait a minute.Aren't you the same dude from d.f.i who was jumping because of MINSAS in CODBO2??That means you are a kid too!!Hoooly shittttt!!And you are the one whi claimed that M 4 was better than INSAS!!And that answers your level of knowledge on firearms.nough said.

Mind if I ask how do you his ****??Have you fired it yourself??Certainly not.Then.........wait wait,wait a minute.Aren't you the same dude from d.f.i who was jumping because of MINSAS in CODBO2??That means you are a kid too!!Hoooly shittttt!!And you are the one whi claimed that M 4 was better than INSAS!!And that answers your level of knowledge on firearms.nough said.

Okay bud, let's leave it there. But let's sperate the issue- what I said on *** is that it was impressive that this system (MSMC, NOT MINSAS) was on such a high profile game as it will give exposure to India and Indian arms industry. And in many ways the M4 IS a better rifle than the INSAS. It has a retractable stock, it has a better finsih, it has more accesories which today is the real clincher-you can have the best rifle in the world but it is the accersories that really provide the final say.

I don't know why you guys are taking this so personally, if the INSAS was so great why is the IA replacing it??

SLR is more accurate and has more hitting pwer than INSAS otherwise it would have never been used as a Sniper rifle.

str1t.jpg

Huh huh huh.........what else can someone expect from a typical dumbarse like you.SLR is definitely more powerful simply because it uses a full sized rifle round.

But why did you compare the SLR,a battle rifle with INSAS,an assault rifle??Let me tell you-because you didn't even know the difference.And that tells us all about your practical knowledge kiddo.

And in your picture,the SLR was being used as a designated marksman rifle and not a sniper rifle.Again you have no clue about what you tell.But whom am I talking to-a typical dumbarse with 'I know it all' attitude as I said earlier.

I don't know why you guys are taking this so personally, if the INSAS was so great why is the IA replacing it??

Coz INSAS is made in Ishapore and that is in WB and this dude works there.

Otherwise why would anyone give a **** about INSAS which is "getting thrown away" rightly by the Army and this dude is gonna loose his job.He is so jobless that he has literally spent 3-4 hours dragging his azz back and forth finding all the comments against INSAS and tried countering them.

Friends please ... stop it now. I read all your posts and came only to one conclusion ... No matter whether you like Insas or not ... all of you definitely want a good rifle in hand of IA men. So stop. No one is wrong and all of you are right. If Insas will be a good rifle then it will continue in service otherwise will be phased out and replaced. There are experts sitting there and they know the facts better than anyone of us.

I am a new-bee here and admire the deep knowledge in defense matters of all the posters in this thread. But i am awestruck with the kind of mud sledging you all are involved in.

I am a new-bee here and admire the deep knowledge of all the posters in this thread. But i am awestruck with the kind of mud sledging you all are involved in. Please stop now. Thanks.

Only a fcking idiot would make a a assault rifle with no full burst mode and with a fragile magazine.

The INSAS LMG which ever idiot made that would have absolutely no clue what a LMG is supposed to do in a battle field.

No SF Unit carriers a INSAS!!

And we have an enlightened one here who knows everything just because he works in an INSAS factory....Sorry i am not being paid to hide your incompetence.

Only a fcking idiot would make a a assault rifle with no full burst mode and with a fragile magazine.

The INSAS LMG which ever idiot made that would have absolutely no clue what a LMG is supposed to do in a battle field.

No SF Unit carriers a INSAS!!

And we have an enlightened one here who knows everything just because he works in an INSAS factory....Sorry i am not being paid to hide your incompetence.

Bhai theek hai ...leave it now. Hum ek gareeb mulk hain. We cant afford everything perfect. Lets admire whatever good we have. All bad things will be sorted out soon. Bro main tumhare posts padh padh ke PDF pe bada hua hun. Never have imagined of you using so hard words. Cool mate !!!

Back
Top Bottom