What's new

INS Vikramaditya:Sea Trails pictures

Well, we don't know if India is getting this carrier or not? What would India do if Russia demand India to pay for the repairs.

Repairs are already done under the price agreed

India's delayed aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya is to undergo trials this summer prior to its delivery to the Indian navy.

Trials cannot commence before June as the port of Severodvinsk, at which the ship is moored, will be icebound until then, Russia's embassy in New Delhi says in a statement on its website.

An Indian navy source separately confirms that "delivery acceptance trials" will take place this summer, setting the stage for final delivery to the service.

"On acceptance of the ship from the builder, it will be formally commissioned with the Indian tri-colour being hoisted on top of ship, after which it will start its journey towards India," says the embassy.

"The navy intends to commission the ship in Russia and sail it back to India by October-November 2013. It is expected to join active service by December."

After four months of work on INS Vikramditya, which reported a boiler malfunction, Russia has completed the brick-lining work and is getting ready to take the Indian Navy warship out for sea trials in the Barents by June this year.

The Russian-built warship, the erstwhile Admiral Gorshkov aircraft carrier, will be ready to join the Indian Navy fleet as per the revised schedule of last quarter of 2013, senior Indian Navy officers said here.

Incidentally, The Indian Navy's this year tableau during the Republic Day parade will be a replica of the 44,500-tonne Vikramaditya.

"The insulation work has been completed and now it is ready for sea trials, the last phase of which is now pending, by June. The ship now awaits melting of the ice in the Barents Sea to recommence its delivery acceptance trials," the officers said.

Got to wait for summer because of the ice to conduct sea trials after which she will be in our hands

Aircraft-Carrier-INS-Vikramaditya-Indian-Navy-02.jpg

Whenever I see pics like this - the aircraft at the edge of the ski-jump, about to take off - I always think it's going to fall into the sea. :P

These are some new photographs that have emerged, of the Vikramaditya, from the sea trials it underwent last year.

Aircraft-Carrier-INS-Vikramaditya-Indian-Navy-01.jpg

Aircraft-Carrier-INS-Vikramaditya-Indian-Navy-02.jpg

Aircraft-Carrier-INS-Vikramaditya-Indian-Navy-03.jpg

Aircraft-Carrier-INS-Vikramaditya-Indian-Navy-04.jpg

Aircraft-Carrier-INS-Vikramaditya-Indian-Navy-05.jpg

Chalo bhai
DER AAYE PAR DURUST AAYE
(or did i speak too early again)

During the sea trails in Barents Sea a Royal Norwegian Navy P 3C Orion flying over Vikramaditya and dropping sonobuoys to collect data on the ship.

401703_1000.jpg

This is the Orion, tail number 3299

401923_1000.jpg

This is the bouy they dropped.

402221_1000.jpg

Photo source: kuleshovoleg

Another picture of a Mig 29K in afterburner.

402728_1000.jpg

i think we dont have to stress much on delay now..... because AFIK now these trials and other exercise are doing by IN personal , so its as good as we are having......

Mate- look at the article, says the ship will now only be devlivered in Dec 2013 yet another year late from its revised delevery schedule that already puts this entire project 4-5 years behind.

Say what you will about the US but if India had contracted them to do such work it would have been done on time and on budget.

Russia time and again let's India down on budget and timely delivery.

You may laugh at the following:

It's alright... They are friends... Before suppliers they are good friends... We can and should never forget what they did for us in 71.

Others might be good suppliers, but remember who has weaponized our neighbor and still continues to do so.

@Azazel Why was the Norwegen P-3 Orion collecting data on the Aircraft Carrier?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Azazel Why was the Norwegen P-3 Orion collecting data on the Aircraft Carrier?

They might have been curious.You really have to ask Norwegians.But they do that quite often.One of my friends in Navy once told me P 3 Orions Of Royal Australian Navy used to do surveillance on Indian Navy Ships,especially ships of Russian origin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom