What's new

INS Chennai, the 3rd Project 15A DDGs, will be commissioned in Mumbai on November 21.

monitor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
INS Chennai, the 3rd Project 15A DDGs, will be commissioned in Mumbai on November 21. Her keel-laying ceremony took place in February 2006, the hull was launched on April 2, 2010, and her sea-trials commenced on November 12, 2015--a journey of 10 years & 9 months. An awfully long time indeed.

https://www.blogger.com/profile/17625525921341864605

INS Chennai, the 3rd Project 15A DDGs, will be commissioned in Mumbai on November 21. Her keel-laying ceremony took place in February 2006, the hull was launched on April 2, 2010, and her sea-trials commenced on November 12, 2015--a journey of 10 years & 9 months. An awfully long time indeed.

It will not be long time anymore.

wasnt that because they found issues during the trails of the lead ship of the class and they did some redesign?

also the delay in the Barak system development between Israel and India which is one of the major weapon systems on the Ship

thats one of the better ships form their stable.

even the Chinese were interested to see what she's got. I believe they (the chinese) would think this ship worthy of a cyber snoop on the Indian agencies.

wasnt that because they found issues during the trails of the lead ship of the class and they did some redesign?

also the delay in the Barak system development between Israel and India which is one of the major weapon systems on the Ship

thats one of the better ships form their stable.

even the Chinese were interested to see what she's got. I believe they (the chinese) would think this ship worthy of a cyber snoop on the Indian agencies.

No redesign...
Few problems were found and fixed in 2013 itself...

Cyber snoop!!??? I dont think so...

No redesign...
Few problems were found and fixed in 2013 itself...

Cyber snoop!!??? I dont think so...
the engine was to be sourced from ukraine - delayed a lot - so it was sourced from Russia
delay in the Barak system being built meant that the integration was delayed
Carbon dioxide leaks on the first ship killed a few personnel on board

those were some of the problems I could remember I confirm.

the engine was to be sourced from ukraine - delayed a lot - so it was sourced from Russia
delay in the Barak system being built meant that the integration was delayed
Carbon dioxide leaks on the first ship killed a few personnel on board

those were some of the problems I could remember I confirm.

Right...
Only one naval person died.
But now we got the results for paying the price... all three kolkata class are active qith all the systems on board... visag class ships are being launched which is going to have more firepower.

Keel laid in Feb. 2006, commissioned Nov. 21 2016?

Nearly 11 years to build and commisssion a DDG?

And that with foreign assistances(engines, radars, guns, missiles etc etc etc all imported)?

What is wrong with you guys?

And that with foreign assistances(engines, radars, guns, missiles etc etc etc all imported)?

India is not China. they cant be compared with Chinese pace of manufacturing.

you are telling like you didn't use any foreign component in your ships???

India is not China. they cant be compared with Chinese pace of manufacturing.

Yes we show that when china took 14 years to furnish an Ukraine career to make lioning which ultimately became an aircraft career for training. Only of its kind in the world.

What is new in INS chennai compared to INS Kolkatta. The biggest highlight of of last few days is that now our warships will have 600 KM range brahmos instead of 300 KM. Verticle dive version is coming up. Once it is fired, Only option left with enemy is to jump in sea with life jacket and pray god for his own survival.

Yes we show that when china took 14 years to furnish an Ukraine career to make lioning which ultimately became an aircraft career for training. Only of its kind in the world.

What is new in INS chennai compared to INS Kolkatta. The biggest highlight of of last few days is that now our warships will have 600 KM range brahmos instead of 300 KM. Verticle dive version is coming up. Once it is fired, Only option left with enemy is to jump in sea with life jacket and pray god for his own survival.

Even with 300 km Bramos our vessels can easily destroy Chinese vessels as their Anti Ship missiles are below 200km range. Hahaha our Chinese friends need to get realistic check of their own power

Even with 300 km Bramos our vessels can easily destroy Chinese vessels as their Anti Ship missiles are below 200km range. Hahaha our Chinese friends need to get realistic check of their own power
Chinese YJ-18 is range 400km and your banamos missile need to pass our type1130 CIWS and H-10 SAM defense first before talking rot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom