What's new

INS Chennai, the 3rd Project 15A DDGs, will be commissioned in Mumbai on November 21.

Specifications
Weight
1300 kg
Length 6.8 m
Warhead weight 180 kg
Engine Two-stage solid propellant rocket
Operational
range

200 km (slant range)[1][3][4]
Flight ceiling 27 km (88,582 ft) [5]
Speed Mach 4.2
Guidance
system

Inertial guidance with mid-course update and terminalactive radar homing
Launch
platform

Youtube link.

Where is the minimum range you liar? You are once again posting irrilevent specification.

Your video shows missile intercepting other slow moving missile just near boat. Show me that HQ 9 has a minimum range of 0.5 to1 KM.

Where is the minimum range you liar? You are once again posting irrilevent specification.

Your video shows missile intercepting other slow moving missile just near boat. Show me that HQ 9 has a minimum range of 0.5 to1 KM.
I derived all the spec from wiki,just drag them.It is intercepted by HQ9,does that qualify 0.5 to 1KM just near the boat?

I derived all the spec from wiki,just drag them.It is intercepted by HQ9,does that qualify 0.5 to 1KM just near the boat?

This means that you are liar and your video is not of HQ 9. Now do not lie and come with home work whenever you argue with me.

You guys are such a liar that you do not hesitate to lie on the forum assuming that others are also fool who will believe you whatever you say.
Consider we lie,end of story.

Recently when you launched a high power rocket, did any of Indian bragged and tied to undermine it
Long march 5?What can you say about it?With payload to Leo 25000kg,GTO 14000KG,second highest payload rocket in service,maybe we also lie on the spec?:cheers:

I have no time for this BS,don't put word in my mouth,all i know is 90KM range/2Mach speed is not good enough.

This look more like our Indian friend,Chinese delivery inventory on time.

You need to understand that ""REAL"" specs or range won't be publicized. This a standard practice around the world.
Examples.......Brahmos.....it's declared range was the 300 km, while the 300 part was rite but it's range was actually "300 MILES".

Let's just assume that you don't believe this, then answer this question. Which country is stupid enough to spend billions and billions of dollars for a missile that cannot get too far? All of military branches procured BrahMos. This is because it's range is much higher than announced.

Now going back to Barack 8 SAMS, it's range is claimed at 90km. Meanwhile it was really supposed to be around 70km. As soon the production started and relative countries started taking deliveries, India claimed it's range is now extended to 90km. Meanwhile Isreal claimed Barak 8 range has been extended to 120km.

You can take this news in 2 different perspective,
1st...... how is it possible that same missile that recently started induction have 2 separate ranges? By the way this news came out literally a couple of days after it was announced that Barak 8 is into production.
2nd.... Isreal probably strapped on an additional stage for additional fuel. Its a jointly developed missile. So expect us to go that way also.

Back to India, A year or two ago, DRDO scientists invented a layer that can increase the range I feel missile by 25%.... Barak8 range was 70km, rite? Now add 25% to it. 70+25% = 87.5km. Now put an additional stage on it to increase range.

What do you get? Don't forget that this is BLOCK 1. there will be more to follow.

Don't forget that this is BLOCK 1. there will be more to follow.
Not a good argument. It serves nothing but self comforting. Remember, when there will be more to follow in India, there will also be more to follow in other countries. For example, even when China is on fast track of building modern warships, US isn't sitting idle. While China is building 7 its latest 52D destroyers, there are also 7 latest burke destroyers being built at the moment.

Not a good argument. It serves nothing but self comforting. Remember, when there will be more to follow in India, there will also be more to follow in other countries. For example, even when China is on fast track of building modern warships, US isn't sitting idle. While China is building 7 its latest 52D destroyers, there are also 7 latest burke destroyers being built at the moment.

Ok. Then China can kill 100 Indians. and India can only kill 70 Chinese.

You need to understand that ""REAL"" specs or range won't be publicized. This a standard practice around the world.
Examples.......Brahmos.....it's declared range was the 300 km, while the 300 part was rite but it's range was actually "300 MILES".

Let's just assume that you don't believe this, then answer this question. Which country is stupid enough to spend billions and billions of dollars for a missile that cannot get too far? All of military branches procured BrahMos. This is because it's range is much higher than announced.

Now going back to Barack 8 SAMS, it's range is claimed at 90km. Meanwhile it was really supposed to be around 70km. As soon the production started and relative countries started taking deliveries, India claimed it's range is now extended to 90km. Meanwhile Isreal claimed Barak 8 range has been extended to 120km.

You can take this news in 2 different perspective,
1st...... how is it possible that same missile that recently started induction have 2 separate ranges? By the way this news came out literally a couple of days after it was announced that Barak 8 is into production.
2nd.... Isreal probably strapped on an additional stage for additional fuel. Its a jointly developed missile. So expect us to go that way also.

Back to India, A year or two ago, DRDO scientists invented a layer that can increase the range I feel missile by 25%.... Barak8 range was 70km, rite? Now add 25% to it. 70+25% = 87.5km. Now put an additional stage on it to increase range.

What do you get? Don't forget that this is BLOCK 1. there will be more to follow.

Hidden stats?Can i conclude in this way,then all weapon system around the world is out of discussion and comparison.

I have no time for this BS,don't put word in my mouth,all i know is 90KM range/2Mach speed is not good enough.

This look more like our Indian friend,Chinese delivery inventory on time.

Buddy... B-8's range is 90 which will be extended to 120km... the range was optimized for the performances... barak was test fired against brahmos

I mean is that it or there is other SAM in consider,how can you cover the entire fleet with the range of 90KM?You need something around 200KM.

India navy is not too concerned against aerial threats currently as much as China, given India doesn't face American ACs

may be in future when China possesses more ACs, India may opt for naval S-300 variants.

BARAK-8 LR-SAM has a range of 90km, work is now on for BARAK-8ER that will have an additional booster allowing for a range of 150-180KM.

That said, the BARAK-8 is the most advance missile in its class thanks to its TVC and active seeker. It has been speicfically designed to take down supersonic AShMs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom