What's new

INS Chennai, the 3rd Project 15A DDGs, will be commissioned in Mumbai on November 21.

How. Can you explain?
Explain what?doesn't the spec say for itself, it cover the range of 90KM,which is too looong.
I was replying to that guy who was so hype to claim this is the "bis" warship.:pop:

A Sam with the range of 90KM, it sound really the bis to me.

India commissions second Kolkata-class destroyer
Rahul Bedi, New Delhi - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
29 September 2015

The destroyer is being commissioned without its Barak Next-Generation (NG) or Barak 8 long-range surface-to-air missiles (LR-SAM), which have been under joint development since 2006 by India's Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI)-Rafael.

The 70 km-range Barak 8 was scheduled for induction by 2012 but is likely to be test-fired from INS Kolkata later in 2015 before going into series production. IN officials claim that, following land-based trials in Israel in November 2014, the LR-SAM's strike range has been extended by 20 km to about 90 km.

http://web.archive.org/web/20160304...ia-commissions-second-kolkata-class-destroyer

29 September 2015

The destroyer is being commissioned without its Barak Next-Generation (NG) or Barak 8 long-range surface-to-air missiles (LR-SAM), which have been under joint development since 2006 by India's Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI)-Rafael.

The 70 km-range Barak 8 was scheduled for induction by 2012 but is likely to be test-fired from INS Kolkata later in 2015 before going into series production. IN officials claim that, following land-based trials in Israel in November 2014, the LR-SAM's strike range has been extended by 20 km to about 90 km.

http://web.archive.org/web/20160304...ia-commissions-second-kolkata-class-destroyer
I mean is that it or there is other SAM in consider,how can you cover the entire fleet with the range of 90KM?You need something around 200KM.

I mean is that it or there is other SAM in consider,how can you cover the entire fleet with the range of 90KM?
India navy is not too concerned against aerial threats currently as much as China, given India doesn't face American ACs

may be in future when China possesses more ACs, India may opt for naval S-300 variants.

India navy is not too concerned against aerial threats currently as much as China, given India doesn't face American ACs

may be in future when China possesses more ACs, India may opt for naval S-300 variants.
That sounds more reasonable,thanks.

Explain what?doesn't the spec say for itself, it cover the range of 90KM,which is too looong.
I was replying to that guy who was so hype to claim this is the "bis" warship.:pop:

So far as hyping is concern, you guys are unparallel. You start hyping your paper planes and paper missiles as better than the best even before they take shape. How you hyped your 3.5 generation or at the most 4th generation J20 as f 22 killer and HQ 1 to 100 as better than S400 is phenomenal. So far MR SAM/ Barak 8 is concern, it is considered best in the class among strategic circle without any reservation.

Your claim of superiority of chinese weapon is doubted not only by world by chinese themselves.

So far as hyping is concern, you guys are unparallel. You start hyping your paper planes and paper missiles as better than the best even before they take shape. How you hyped your 3.5 generation or at the most 4th generation J20 as f 22 killer and HQ 1 to 100 as better than S400 is phenomenal. So far MR SAM/ Barak 8 is concern, it is considered best in the class among strategic circle without any reservation.

Your claim of superiority of chinese weapon is doubted not only by world by chinese themselves.
I have no time for this BS,don't put word in my mouth,all i know is 90KM range/2Mach speed is not good enough.

You start hyping your paper planes and paper missiles as better than the best even before they take shape.
This look more like our Indian friend,Chinese delivery inventory on time.

I have no time for this BS,don't put word in my mouth,all i know is 90KM range is not good enough.

This look more like our Indian friend,Chinese delivery inventory on time.

Yes, china delivered all J planes on time still you are dependent of russia and beg Su 35 as soon as fialized the Rafale deal and beg S400 as your Hq 1 to 100 is not good enough to counter indian planes.

90 KM range is more than enough. In 90 KM it can intercept anything ranging from plane to sea skimming missile unlike your HQ which can not intercept sea skimming missile.

Yes, china delivered all J planes on time still you are dependent of russia and beg Su 35 as soon as fialized the Rafale deal and beg S400 as your Hq 1 to 100 is not good enough to counter indian planes.

90 KM range is more than enough. In 90 KM it can intercept anything ranging from plane to sea skimming missile unlike your HQ which can not intercept sea skimming missile.
It has the least range and speed among all decent SAM,fact.
"unlike your HQ which can not intercept sea skimming missile" as for this bs, where is your proof?

beg Su 35 as soon as fialized the Rafale deal
What can i say,it seems that China's no 1 enemy is India,every decision is made to counter India,that is new to me.OK,now leave me, good day.

It has the least range and speed among all decent SAM,fact.
"unlike your HQ which can not intercept sea skimming missile" as for this bs, where is your proof?

What can i say,it seems that China's no 1 enemy is India,every decision is made to counter India,that is new to me.OK,now leave me, good day.

Please look into the article I posted in countering China - Indian way. I have posted a full article of american analyst. he has critically evaluated the capability of Brahmos and MRSAM. He has clearly written that US and royal navy has some chance to defend Brahmos. It has not mentioned HQ anywhre or even considered. HQ is no where in picture. Forget about sea skiming, HQ's capability to intercept plane is also doubtful. That is why you guys have to buy S400. Any other reason to buy S400 when you have HQ series?

China is not our enemy No 1 but a potential thret. However whenever we make something noticeable, you guys try to undermine it. When we answer and show you your real face, you abuse us. I was abused a lot by your fellow Chinese only for posting an article countering chinese might - indian way.

Please look into the article I posted in countering China - Indian way. I have posted a full article of american analyst. he has critically evaluated the capability of Brahmos and MRSAM. He has clearly written that US and royal navy has some chance to defend Brahmos. It has not mentioned HQ anywhre or even considered. HQ is no where in picture. Forget about sea skiming, HQ's capability to intercept plane is also doubtful. That is why you guys have to buy S400. Any other reason to buy S400 when you have HQ series?

China is not our enemy No 1 but a potential thret. However whenever we make something noticeable, you guys try to undermine it. When we answer and show you your real face, you abuse us. I was abused a lot by your fellow Chinese only for posting an article countering chinese might - indian way.
If taken American "analyst" seriously, our country has already fall for thousand times, the previous American defense minister Mr.Gates once said that we wouldn't be having stealth fighter first flight before 2020. in that your thread,i had post a video showing HQ9 intercept a sea skimming missile,think for yourself, instead of trusting think tank blindly,they are not bible or anything.

However whenever we make something noticeable, you guys try to undermine it
We made thousand things noticeable,still a single word "copy" as the conclusion,but it is totally fine.
:bunny:

29 September 2015

It's 3rd one.
1) Kolkata
2)Kochi
And now chennai.

If taken American "analyst" seriously, our country has already fall for thousand times, in that your thread,i had post a video showing HQ9 intercept a sea skimming missile,think for yourself, instead of fully trust all those paper.

Do not bluff. HQ 9's is a long range interceptor missile and can not intercept missile that much near the ship. In theory also, It has no capability to intercept missile just near boat. If you read specification of HQ9 , you will get to know this.

Entered service 1997 (?)
Missile
Missile length 6.8 m
Missile diameter 0.7 m
Missile weight 1 300 kg
Warhead weight 180 kg
Warhead type HE-FRAG
Maximum range 125 km
Maximum altitude 27 km
Number of targets engaged simultaneously?
http://www.military-today.com/missiles/hq9.htm

This states the minimum range of 27 KM. Does the video you posted intercept the missile at 27 km?
The specialty of you guys is that you always tell a lie and support wrong video and picture to support your BS claim. GO and lie somewhere else. You guys are such a liar that you do not hesitate to lie on the forum assuming that others are also fool who will believe you whatever you say.

It's 3rd one.
1) Kolkata
2)Kochi
And now chennai.

Yes, Project 15A ends here. Now vishakhapattanam class boats shall start coming in.

We made thousand things noticeable,still a single word "copy" as the conclusion,but it is totally fine.
:bunny:

Recently when you launched a high power rocket, did any of Indian bragged and tied to undermine it like you guys are doing here? I congratulated you guys.

Do not bluff. HQ 9's is a long range interceptor missile and can not intercept missile that much near the ship. In theory also, It has no capability to intercept missile just near boat. If you read specification of HQ9 , you will get to know this.
Where do you came up with this specifications?
Entered service 1997 (?)
Missile
Missile length 6.8 m
Missile diameter 0.7 m
Missile weight 1 300 kg
Warhead weight 180 kg
Warhead type HE-FRAG
Maximum range 125 km
Maximum altitude 27 km
Number of targets engaged simultaneously?
http://www.military-today.com/missiles/hq9.htm

This states the minimum range of 27 KM. Does the video you posted intercept the missile at 27 km?
The specialty of you guys is that you always tell a lie and support wrong video and picture to support your BS claim. GO and lie somewhere else. You guys are such a liar that you do not hesitate to lie on the forum assuming that others are also fool who will believe you whatever you say.
Specifications
Weight
1300 kg
Length 6.8 m
Warhead weight 180 kg
Engine Two-stage solid propellant rocket
Operational
range

200 km (slant range)[1][3][4]
Flight ceiling 27 km (88,582 ft) [5]
Speed Mach 4.2
Guidance