What's new

INS Arihant : Updates & Discussion

I think Arihant will have that with the new K series of missiles.

Or, was the question: Does India possess SLCM, SLBM launch capability?
Arihant is incomplete and nobody knows when it will be completed...
I was asking if India Currently has such capability?

Does india have any Submarine with land attack Missile launch capability?

The Indian Navy uses both Klub-S and Klub-N variants for the Kilo class submarines (known as the Sindhughosh Class in Indian service), additionally the P-75I will proboly be able to fire the Bhramos.
Arihant is incomplete and nobody knows when it will be completed...
I was asking if India Currently has such capability?
@Safriz

The INS ARIHANT class will have K series with K-4s already tested and ready to enter service. INS Arihant will enter service by late 2013 or early 2014 with the remaining Arihant class subs entering every subsequent year.It is complete, it has sailed under its own power and will begin sea trails in very early 2013.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Indian Navy uses both Klub-S and Klub-N variants for the Kilo class submarines (known as the Sindhughosh Class in Indian service), additionally the P-75I will proboly be able to fire the Bhramos.
@Safriz

The INS ARIHANT class will have K series with K-4s already tested and ready to enter service. INS Arihant will enter service by late 2013 or early 2014 with the remaining Arihant class subs entering every subsequent year.It is complete, it has sailed under its own power and will begin sea trails in very early 2013.

Sir it are the K-15s that are tested and in series production, not K-4.

Sir it are the K-15s that are tested and in series production, not K-4.

This report says it was tested .

IT1.jpg

A-5 is right, K4 is not yet complete.. One more thing I will say, K4 is more advance and has more range than K15. Some ppl might have misunderstood the K15 comes aftr K4... Wrong...

A-5 is right, K4 is not yet complete.. One more thing I will say, K4 is more advance and has more range than K15. Some ppl might have misunderstood the K15 comes aftr K4... Wrong...

Yes, K-4 is an under-development missile of the K - Family:

K-4 (SLBM) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The important thing is it's range which is speculated at 3500+ km, that means INS Arihant patrolling the Bay of Bengal can easily hit targets inside both Pakistan & China.

But it's striking range vis-a-vis China is limited, to strike Beijing & Shanghai, Arihant will have to pass the malacca straits where it can become vulnerable to detection. A-6 will be the answer to this which has range of 6000+ km.

@Safriz

Are u crazy K4 is MRBM, Its range is ~4000 Km (Citation needed), there is no official confirmation of its status (Not sure about secret tests, as K series secret project). It was K15 Sagarika (similar to shourya Quasi Ballistic missile which was tested from Pontoon)..

@Indian SLBM capacity: Currently India has no SLBM operational , Niether We have any SSBN , Though Indian has SSGN (no sure) .

SSBN : Submarine Ballistic Nuclear
SSGN : Submarine Guided (Cruise) Nuclear
SSN: Submaring Attack Nuclear (Torpedos)

@Abingdonboy :Sorry, I couldn't see your other post

Are u crazy K4 is MRBM, Its range is ~4000 Km (Citation needed), there is no official confirmation of its status (Not sure about secret tests, as K series secret project). It was K15 Sagarika (similar to shourya Quasi Ballistic missile which was tested from Pontoon)..

@Indian SLBM capacity: Currently India has no SLBM operational , Niether We have any SSBN , Though Indian has SSGN (no sure) .

SSBN : Submarine Ballistic Nuclear
SSGN : Submarine Guided (Cruise) Nuclear
SSN: Submaring Attack Nuclear (Torpedos)

@Abingdonboy :Sorry, I couldn't see your other post

2 tests of K4 has been already done, more to be done to make it operational. India's first SLBM is operational(if you know what I mean).
India has only 1 SSN operational.
SSBN is used for second strike capability.
SSGN is used for strike against land based targets by cruise missiles.
SSN is used to secure the area from under water and sub surface enemy boats.

Back
Top Bottom