What's new

Infrastructure Development in Pakistan

There should've been a subway station instead it looks a little tacky with a bus transit btw the Centaurus is taking a very long time I've been seeing this project ever since 2007 it should've been completed 3 years ago don't know why it's taking forever I just can't wait till Karachi has their bus and monorail system its population is growing everyday and traffic has also increased the one in Lahore just destroyed its historical beauty. I don't understand why PML-N had to waste a lot of money on Lahore when they could've spent that money on Karachi metro. Lahore is not too crowded as much as Karachi that project was just a waste of time......

We simply lack the buses.... too many passengers.

If our government were to be stable enough perhaps they would've done something to develop our own buses instead of mooching from Turkey.......... Unfortunately if our government can not steal money then they will not have anything to eat or support their families! In Pakistan we have a very low economy according to me 98th or 99th largest in the world. And everything over there is so expensive our government is full of retards. This is the reason why our country is less developed all the American aid which could've been very useful for our nation has gone to our politicians esp Zardari they only think about themselves they know pretty well if one person tries to stabilize their country they will get beaten up by their hired gang bangers, from the rival party, or stop receiving US aid and how will they be able buy properties or businesses abroad without all that money..... In Pakistan doing the right thing is the biggest mistake rather then committing a huge crime. Lahore doesn't lack any buses it's the government who doesn't wanna help out to build our own instead

If our government were to be stable enough perhaps they would've done something to develop our own buses instead of mooching from Turkey.......... Unfortunately if our government can not steal money then they will not have anything to eat or support their families! In Pakistan we have a very low economy according to me 98th or 99th largest in the world. And everything over there is so expensive our government is full of retards. This is the reason why our country is less developed all the American aid which could've been very useful for our nation has gone to our politicians esp Zardari they only think about themselves they know pretty well if one person tries to stabilize their country they will get beaten up by their hired gang bangers, from the rival party, or stop receiving US aid and how will they be able buy properties or businesses abroad without all that money..... In Pakistan doing the right thing is the biggest mistake rather then committing a huge crime. Lahore doesn't lack any buses it's the government who doesn't wanna help out to build our own instead

Bro, punjab govt did not spend a single penny on those buses. They are owned by Albayrak. Punjab govt invested in the MBS infrastructure ONLY!. The private company albayrak is responsible for inducting more buses in its fleet. Punjab govt has nothing to do with those buses. Albayrak can import double decker, ghada gari, rikshaw or whatever. Its their project and they get to keep the profit. Punjab govt only provided them with a space to invest on. If Albayrak leaves tomorrow, another metro bus company will come in and start running its fleet in lahore. Do your research before you blabber.

Metro Bus!

285660_504199606285317_1999952625_n.jpg

11.JPG

482480_504199752951969_1933847621_n.jpg

11347_504199692951975_756464483_n.jpg

5982_504199739618637_1745193034_n.jpg

531626_504199702951974_880133680_n.jpg

There should've been a subway station instead it looks a little tacky with a bus transit btw the Centaurus is taking a very long time I've been seeing this project ever since 2007 it should've been completed 3 years ago don't know why it's taking forever I just can't wait till Karachi has their bus and monorail system its population is growing everyday and traffic has also increased the one in Lahore just destroyed its historical beauty. I don't understand why PML-N had to waste a lot of money on Lahore when they could've spent that money on Karachi metro. Lahore is not too crowded as much as Karachi that project was just a waste of time......

LOL why should Punjab Government spend money on Karachi. It is Sindh Government which should spend money on Karachi. Even Chief Minister of Punjab Shabaz Sharif was of the view that Karachi should get this Rapid transit system long before Lahore but the Govt in Sindh has its own priorities i.e. Looto tey Bhutto :)

If you meant what i think you meant, Nice one :tup:

:lol:

No, no, no joke there. I for one believe that a society progresses with small steps not big ones. Small positive social practices (even when enforced) in a massive public setting lead to their mimicking elsewhere and then, snow balling, slowly shape the general, over arching attitude of the society. Straight up social education.

New Lahore mosque will have largest indoor capacity

The calligraphic inlays will resemble those of the Badshahi Masjid in Lahore. Tiles for indoor flooring will mirror the ones at Lahore’s Wazir Khan Masjid. Sandstone bricks for the courtyard are derivative of the orange-hued ones found in Multan.

A grand salad of popular architectural patterns in Pakistan, being built to accommodate up to 14,000 worshippers indoors, the under-construction mosque at Bahria Town, Lahore boasts of elaborate planning. The courtyard and corridor leading to the main halls of worship can accommodate another 14,000.

Faisal Masjid in Islamabad, the current largest mosque of Pakistan, can accommodate up to 10,000 worshippers indoors. While Badshahi Masjid in Lahore, the second largest, can accommodate 8,500.

Nayyar Ali Dada, explaining the glimpse of Badshahi Masjid and Wazir Khan Masjid within the architecture of the new mosque said that it has been designed to capture the historical essence of Lahore and its surrounding cities. “The previous design was inspired by an Abu Dhabi mosque. I had that remodelled.”

The sandstone bricks for the exterior bear the characteristic orange hue. “The sands of Multan have an orange colour. While Lahore’s is more impure, which is why Multan’s sand was brought in to make the exterior bricks,” said Dada.

“We found some old craftsmen, while some new ones were trained to make geometric and floral patterned tiles. Not similar to those at Wazir Khan — but inspired by them,” said Dada.

Work on the mosque began about three years ago and between 800 and 1,000 labourers have been constantly working at the site ever since, says Waseem Ahmad, the general manager of Bahria Constructions. The cost of the building stands at over a billion rupees already, according to him.

The main, three-dimensional arched dome, at a height of 150 feet and will be embossed with floral inlays and Mughal-era calligraphy. Eight chandeliers, synchronised to make a mammoth chandelier, will be installed at the dome’s centre.

Eight different varieties of marble are being flown in to floor the ground immediately beneath the dome.

“This place will accommodate more worshippers indoors. The circular side of the mosque and a broad corridor connecting it with the courtyard has a basement as big. While eight balconies circle the main dome, largely increasing space of the covered area of the mosque,” said Ahmad.

507551-ArchitecturaljewelPhotoSoniaMalik-1360872160-596-640x480.JPG

507551-ArchitecturaljewelPhotoSoniaMalik-1360872127-520-640x480.JPG

507551-ArchitecturaljewelPhotoSoniaMalik-1360872102-246-640x480.JPG

Back
Top Bottom