What's new

Infrastructure Development in Pakistan

Guys I am paranoid. In the last one year, two trucks have hit these overhead pedestrian bridges resulting in a complete destruction. I just hope that the punjab govt is aware of the fact that such incident can happen again since we have a web of pedestrian bridges in lahore now specially the BRT ones. I hope they take some kind of precautions to keep the truck drivers in check. Hitting these BRT pedestrian bridges can cost many human lives as it is connected with a ticket office and the whole station on the flyover.
Today a truck with a container stuck itself in the Ferozpur road underpass. Traffic was jam due to it, my daughter was nearly late from school :(
License of these truck drivers should be canceled and their vehicles should be impounded

Dudes,

Ayub_bridge.jpg

sukker.jpg

This is in Sukkar over the Indus and then there are hundreds more in the north, just smaller, and they are being replaced with huge concrete bridges.
wtf? why? I like those northern type bridges, not only do they scare the crap out of you, they are also very sexy lookin :smitten:
b17896004.jpg

wtf? why? I like those northern type bridges, not only do they scare the crap out of you, they are also very sexy lookin :smitten:
b17896004.jpg

Yeah me too. Its an out of this world experience to drive over those old single lane wooden suspension bridges at a max of 5 km/hr, creaking and moaning all the way with tivers flowing hundreds of feet below. They had become a part of our north. My favorite; the one that takes you over a small river into deosai. On one of its wooden pillars someone had etched, very aptly, "Gateway to Heaven". Close second, the one at Alam chowk which takes you off the KKH and puts you on the Gilgit-Skardu Road over the Indus. Sadly they must make way for more robust 2/3 lane concrete bridges. Some hogwash about safety and increas in trade being good for the economy. Many have already been replaced others will be very soon as well...the Chinese are ruining our KKH! ;D

Wait, I think I have a picture of the one under construction at Alam Chowk. Lemme check.

EDIT:

Ok, I can do one better. I found videos of crossing some of those bridges as. Uploading will take a little time though.

So this is a video while crossing over from the KKH onto the Gilgit-Skardu Road (also crossing over from Gilgit into Baltistan and most awesomely crossing over from the Hindukush into the Karakoram!). Indus below. Notice when I pan towards the right you can see two pillars on either side of the river. This video is of late 2010 construction had just begun then. The Chinese and the FWO have since ripped the KKH open from Khunjrab to Raikhot and rebuilt it.

A picture of the same pillar:

168461_10150132222848319_5506646_n.jpg

Now that I'm done with the formality of contributing to the topic check these out:

Crossing one of the bridges just before entering Skardu, at night:

This clip shows the bridge which crosses you over from the district of Skardu into the district of Ghanche:

Allam Chowk/Skardu bridge from the KKH:

165512_10150131460838319_6617983_n.jpg

From up above:

169068_10150132219183319_2427312_n.jpg

The bridge that links both the districts of Skardu and Ghanche:

163848_10150131494583319_3997933_n.jpg

168960_10150131494768319_1296214_n.jpg

Another one near Khaplu:

164814_10150132176003319_3954343_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Today a truck with a container stuck itself in the Ferozpur road underpass. Traffic was jam due to it, my daughter was nearly late from school :(
License of these truck drivers should be canceled and their vehicles should be impounded
Yeah I just heard about it. Its becoming a norm and the govt needs to do something about it. A concrete underpass can sustain the blow but a steel and iron pedestrian bridge doesnt stand a chance against a speeding truck.

By "outdated," he means it's not a 'glass & steel' structure, like the new airports India is currently building/has recently built.

India has relatively newer infrastructure compared to Pakistan, so they can't help but gloat.

They tend to forget that the "expressways" and "tall buildings" they keep babbling about have just recently been introduced in their country. I had a layover in the New Delhi airport somewhere back in the late 90s or early 2000s, and it was the worst experience i've had. The airport smelled like **** (Literally. Everyone was holding their nose.), the false ceiling was broken and dangling down in places, and the water fountain (dispenser) was literally a kitchen sink with a chained up glass :lol:.

So, remember, before you gloat, always remind yourself about your humble beginnings.

You can live in the present...not past...

Yes the expessways are new for us....Skyscrapers?
Compare a tier4 Indian airport to Lahore airport and see the difference.........................

This looks outdated to you?

Compare it with any Airport in a developing city,my friend...and see the difference...........

You can live in the present...not past...
Compare a tier4 Indian airport to Lahore airport and see the difference.........................

sir the discussion is that you are trying to boast about your progress here

well thats all fine with me, but your boasting has a little sense of retarded inflammatory, looking down feelings for other you are talking to, we are better than you in the past, you are better than us in the present in some aspects, now after this war on terror mess we may become better than you in future, so whats the point really?

i mean india has a long long way to go, its prime hurdle is its population, country like india which might be 3-4 times smaller than china has nearly the same population of 1.2 billion people, while pakistan has a very low population factor here, it will take you 8 times faster to develop than us because we dont have population problem as much as you do, we have more reserves than we can use, its surplus, while india cant produce enough to satisfy its billion people population

economically pakistan has an advantage here, and indians boasting here dont even know what the reality is

if pakistan is able to sort this corruption issue which is already the big topic here and electoral mess, then is there in india, i see pakistan is actually making some thing big enough even for india here

your anna hazare movement has failed and god knows now how many years it will take india to realise the curse of corruption and the efforts to eliminate them

Yeah I just heard about it. Its becoming a norm and the govt needs to do something about it. A concrete underpass can sustain the blow but a steel and iron pedestrian bridge doesnt stand a chance against a speeding truck.

:-( I was going to pick her back from school , a bus stuck itself in the park gate which is between Model Town and Ferozpur road. She had to wait for 30 mins in school.

2_201301111239425988.jpg

LAHORE: Labourers busy in fix the elevatorsat Model Twon MTBS Stop.

Metro Bus Service Lahore

20130111_11.jpg

Avalanche Shelter at Pashi Slide also known as Subri in Muzaffarabad... Under final stages of construction.
Constructed by FWO.

19922_316707645096842_1304602898_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom