What's new

Infrastructure Development in Pakistan

6th Road Flyover Rawalpindi
533811_575193422495150_1651403439_n.jpg

602809_575193565828469_1968585083_n.jpg

Kalma Chowk pedestrian underpass (it will have shops), lahore
150637_189030574573845_76875419_n.jpg

Gilgit Airport's new terminal building can be seen on the right side.
2205945.jpg

Our national airline is bankrupt. Locals have stopped traveling from airplanes, they prefer buses. Can you believe that? I was shocked to hear my cousin who is coming to Lahore from karachi by bus. There was a time when we had an affordable airline service and our trains were reliable and would arrive at the destination on time. Now, we have no trains. And people dont travel by air because the airplanes are poorly kept, and there have been 100s of emergency landings and few crashes last year.

2012-12-27085549_zps43d60214.jpg

is that a pedestrian underpass?

I don't know much about pakistan's situation but i think if the airlines are in bad shape then it must be because of excessive government interventions and regulations.
Privatize and liberalize the sector and see development!

I don't know much about pakistan's situation but i think if the airlines are in bad shape then it must be because of excessive government interventions and regulations.
Actually its the PIA which is under govt control and is near bankrupt due to bad management. Others like Air Blue are going good.

You know every thing about Pakistan.. even before it happens.. so don't bother to sell us your ignorance.

what happened to the lahore metro project?

also i think that pakistan should upgrade its airports..they look backward and old. not in good taste for 1st time arrivals.

Lahore airport have looks of some traditional looks of govt buildings which are normally known as red bricks here in punjab and major mughal's buildings are red thats why its design and looks looks old better then steel structures

Lahore airport have looks of some traditional looks of govt buildings which are normally known as red bricks here in punjab and major mughal's buildings are red thats why its design and looks looks old better then steel structures

Well....not better....It looks outdated...needs an upgrade like isloo...

Well....not better....It looks outdated...needs an upgrade like isloo...

Lahore airport is new, it has a facade that was inspired by Lahore's mughal history, otherwise the machinery both public facing and internal are very new and it is a very nice airport for passengers; and my experience of this airport is very positive. In fact the outer lying infrastructure is also really nice with modern and clean highways connecting it to the city.What would be nice is for Lahore to get a decent underground metro system and a modern integrated transportation system that connects all the transport tiers in these hubs. Delhi has done the right thing by investing in an underground system and all reports of it state that it is world class. We need the same.

This looks outdated to you?

By "outdated," he means it's not a 'glass & steel' structure, like the new airports India is currently building/has recently built.

India has relatively newer infrastructure compared to Pakistan, so they can't help but gloat.

They tend to forget that the "expressways" and "tall buildings" they keep babbling about have just recently been introduced in their country. I had a layover in the New Delhi airport somewhere back in the late 90s or early 2000s, and it was the worst experience i've had. The airport smelled like **** (Literally. Everyone was holding their nose.), the false ceiling was broken and dangling down in places, and the water fountain (dispenser) was literally a kitchen sink with a chained up glass :lol:.

So, remember, before you gloat, always remind yourself about your humble beginnings.

By "outdated," he means it's not a 'glass & steel' structure, like the new airports India is currently building/has recently built.

India has relatively newer infrastructure compared to Pakistan, so they can't help but gloat.

They tend to forget that the "expressways" and "tall buildings" they keep babbling about have just recently been introduced in their country. I had a layover in the New Delhi airport somewhere back in the late 90s or early 2000s, and it was the worst experience i've had. The airport smelled like **** (Literally. Everyone was holding their nose.), the false ceiling was broken and dangling down in places, and the water fountain (dispenser) was literally a kitchen sink with a chained up glass :lol:.

So, remember, before you gloat, always remind yourself about your humble beginnings.

:rofl: You really want people to believe that!!. must be Pakistani airports you must be talking about.

Humble beginnings :lol:, Just go through India's long history to know about our humble beginning.

Just a hint about our humble beginnings - 18 billion (which is more than your forex reserves) worth of gold was dug out of just a small temple in Kerala last year - and this treasure was hidden when many people of other civilizations and countries dwelled in caves and tents and rode camels.

:rofl: You really want people to believe that!!. must be Pakistani airports you must be talking about.

Irrelevant drivel starts here.

I have nothing to prove. I'm just stating a fact that might be hard for you to swallow.

Back
Top Bottom