What's new

Infrastructure Development in Pakistan

Lahore Updates - Model Town Mor Underpass (23-11-2012)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

In Lahore they should stop digging and creating underpasses for cars. They should leave room for future underground metro...

In Lahore they should stop digging and creating underpasses for cars. They should leave room for future underground metro...

Metro tunnels would be lot more deeper, not at underpass level.

Lahore - Kalma Chowk Underpass Work Kicks Off

Alvi said that the 400 metres underpass leading towards Garden Town from Gulberg would have three lanes. He added that the underpass leading towards Liberty Market from Garden Town would be around 250 metres long and have four lanes. He said that the additional length of the underpass heading towards Garden Town was meant to accommodate a two lane u-turn and the semi circular bridge to the underpass heading towards Gulberg. Two of the four lanes of the underpass are to accommodate the traffic from two lanes of the bridge entering it.Work on the Model Town underpass is expected to take another forty days to complete.

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

Lahore BRTS Progress

2ujqhir.jpg

15220_465819530123325_1540571025_n.jpg

29381_465819633456648_2096224555_n.jpg

31563_465819783456633_1195845417_n.jpg

^^^ Kalma chowk underpass is going to make a lot of people mad. I am already seeing my cousins complaining why they didnt make the underpass with the flyover.

Does anyone know the completion date?

Also, they need to focus on old lahore, near minar-e-pakistan, railway station etc. That whole tiny region needs more flyovers and underpasses than whole lahore. Thats just my 2 cents.

^^^ Kalma chowk underpass is going to make a lot of people mad. I am already seeing my cousins complaining why they didnt make the underpass with the flyover.

Also, they need to focus on old lahore, near minar-e-pakistan, railway station etc. That whole tiny region needs more flyovers and underpasses than whole lahore. Thats just my 2 cents.

With the flyover built before the traffic will pass over it and the work will run smoother than before, Disturbing one one side traffic is not a big thing but building the flyover and underpass with it would be a blunder with all other roads clotted!

Yes ppl will get mad. I have to drop my daughter at School in Gulberg. Now since the model town more underpass is under construction and kalma chowk underpass is starting i dunno where we will cross the ferozpur road. Nevertheless, once completed they will be gr8 :) tu koi baat nahi

Yes ppl will get mad. I have to drop my daughter at School in Gulberg. Now since the model town more underpass is under construction and kalma chowk underpass is starting i dunno where we will cross the ferozpur road. Nevertheless, once completed they will be gr8 :) tu koi baat nahi
Bro, remember, at the end of the day, all these facilities are for you. Why do you think shahbaz sharif gets up at 5 in the morning everyday and takes a trip to all these construction sites? He is doing that for you guys. I mean he could care less about these construction projects. He can hire people who can supervise the construction sites 24/7 let alone taking a trip at 5 in the morning. Shahbaz sharif is not going to benefit from these projects personally. He is doing that just for the people of lahore. He doesnt have to get up at 5 in the morning everyday. He can simply enjoy a quality time with his family, live on govt money, take foreign trips, and party everyday just like our other CMs are doing. But at the end of the day, you can clearly see the difference between punjab and rest of our provinces. Your daughter and our children will thank him one day, just like how thousands of transporters thank him today for starting a motorway concept in pakistan.

Seriosuly undepasses and flyovers in Old lahore ? Thats pure destruction to our heritage !
What needs to happen is restoration for tourism....

arshubhai u didn't read the last line of my post :) I said
Nevertheless, once completed they will be gr8 tu koi baat nahi
With regards to flyover and underpass in Old Lahore I second what cb4 said

Seriosuly undepasses and flyovers in Old lahore ? Thats pure destruction to our heritage !
What needs to happen is restoration for tourism....

No I mean, if we could just destroy shahi qilla and make a massive parking lot for all the buses, that would solve the problem. Plus we can get rid of the railway station and make a better one. Im just kidding lol. I was just talking about a tunnel like underpass near railway station to solve the traffic congestion.

No I mean, if we could just destroy shahi qilla and make a massive parking lot for all the buses, that would solve the problem. Plus we can get rid of the railway station and make a better one. Im just kidding lol. I was just talking about a tunnel like underpass near railway station to solve the traffic congestion.

There is no traffic issue. Rather it is the present system that is making it seem that way. People don't want to drive straight in lanes and there is absolutely no culture of traffic signals. Shahbaz Sharif is an idiot when he says he wants to make a 'signal free' road. Use your logic. When you have cars coming from all sorts of directions, you know whats coming. BTW, In Lahore's 15 million population, there are no more than 500,000-1 million cars. Haven't you seen the Ring Road the Canal Bank Road and Flyovers for example empty ? We are wasting our money and its going down the drain. You should know that it costs a fortune to maintain it. He is creating sprawl development. Original Lahore was not as big as it is now today. They have added and extended it from Shahdara to Bahria Town ! Moreover, the DHA (for the elite) is also being extended in new phases. They have made Lahore loose its soul !

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom