What's new

Information required regarding ICTO

got you. Younis bro i thought k aap PMA main ho ge is waqt....Baqi sab chalay gaye?? Hafiz aur Shaani wagera??

Hi i want to get information about recently advertised DSSC as ICTO i want to know that the test will be on the same pattren as mentioned above ?

hi everyone,

im new here :azn: actually recently i have online registered myself for the ICTO. Now i am curious abt my preliminary test. i dont have any idea what it will be all about... the pattern.. the type of questions which will b asked ..? can anyone answer my query in detail...? will there be the same pattern is for the female candidates too?
waiting for the quick response
:wave:

hi everyone,

im new here :azn: actually recently i have online registered myself for the ICTO. Now i am curious abt my preliminary test. i dont have any idea what it will be all about... the pattern.. the type of questions which will b asked ..? can anyone answer my query in detail...? will there be the same pattern is for the female candidates too?
waiting for the quick response
:wave:
Salam. Sorry I didn't see your message before. See, its quite logical that unless and until physical exertion is required, the Army won't differentiate between female candidates and male ones. I think by now, you ladies must have been into medicals or personality tests. But don't worry, keeping faith in yourself and interview performance are two key factors that contribute towards final selection. Wish you good luck.

walikum salaam,
thanks for replying :)

Actually i have online registered myself for ICTO and the test is on 26th of july. can u tell me what kinda preliminary test it would be? i meant which subjects will be included?? if i don't have the degree , can the final transcript will be acceptable? one more question when we have to submit our documents , after qualifying the test ??

walikum salaam,
thanks for replying :)

Actually i have online registered myself for ICTO and the test is on 26th of july. can u tell me what kinda preliminary test it would be? i meant which subjects will be included?? if i don't have the degree , can the final transcript will be acceptable? one more question when we have to submit our documents , after qualifying the test ??
Final transcripts are surely cent percent acceptable if verifiable :) The test is going to held on 26th July..mmm..listen, it would be damn easy. It would seem to you like some matriculation guy is trying to measure your CS knowledge through random stupid queries.
The submission of documents will be right after the personality test. There are usually two personality tests, one is CBE and the other one is taken in person by a GHQ representative and it is toughest one.
Rest assured, if you haven't slept in your CS degree, the test will be a cupcake for you. Remember, there is a knockout system. You qualify for next moves only if you pass through one. So, you will observe this thing that an exponential decline in number of candidates will be proportional to the number of days. :)

Oh thanks alot :)
I am bit relaxed after hearing the chances of approval of the final transcript from u. Anyways i will get my degree before the preliminary test Insha Allah.

few more questions for u :)
-can u clarify what do u mean by CBE.. ? :S
-will there it be the ISSB thing for the female ICTO's too?
- Is there any certain criteria of no of seats to be filled from Karachi? and if so do u know how many no of seats is for Karachi ?

i will be thankful if u answer my queries.:angel:

Oh thanks alot :)
I am bit relaxed after hearing the chances of approval of the final transcript from u. Anyways i will get my degree before the preliminary test Insha Allah.

few more questions for u :)
-can u clarify what do u mean by CBE.. ? :S
-will there it be the ISSB thing for the female ICTO's too?
- Is there any certain criteria of no of seats to be filled from Karachi? and if so do u know how many no of seats is for Karachi ?

i will be thankful if u answer my queries.:angel:
- CBE - Computer Based Examination.
- Please refer to the newspaper ad and if it says that an ISSB will be held, you all will have to go there. But I don't think females are to do something with ISSB.
- No one knows the number of total seats and the ratio of selection from particular cities and God forbid, if I assert some statement, ISI can pick me from collar right away from my warm and cozy room. Lolx.
- Final selection is easy and not easy at the same time. But trust me, those who will be selected have an insight notion for that.

There are some tips and tricks as well I will give as you go along. Not essentially tricks, they are lessons learned by us. Anyways, what's your CGPA and degree awarding institution?

Well it was mentioned in the newspaper that after the medical examination, candidates will have to go for ISSB.. bla bla

My CPGA is 2.52 :undecided: and the institution from where i did my 3 years honors in computer science is university of Karachi.. can i ask whats your current status, i meant your designation ..? sorry i am curious to know about it that's y asked :)

while an illusion can obscure the truth, the truth is that my candidature is on hold. There were a total of 15 guys whose degrees were incomplete. So, the training started in the midway. So, we are going to PMA in next batch. Going to ISSB is liking going to deliver a speech in front of a huge audience. In both cases, you never know what will be the reaction. I wish all of you a very good of luck.

ppz joining PMA in winters, best of luck, it will b damn cold there!!!!

one thing if you are selected try to exert on running as much as you can, this clearing of one mile in 7 mins is something blowed out of propotion in PMA... and the routine is really tough in the current batch 2-4 guys did resign... physical fitness falls above everything in PMA and especially in winters things wont be easy at all!!!

Last edited:
best of luck 2 all having ICTO initial test on 26th July:cheers:

Last edited:
hey VrSoldierS, glad to see you back. please guide us on how is it being at PMA, what career prospects are there? And do they need more IT guys?

thanx :)

being in PMA is tough!!!! but the thing is just hold on to it!!!! their priorities are

1. physical
2. academics

they have given 2nd place to academics as they know you are already educated enough!!! even if you are not good at physical they do let you go through but you get a really hard time at PMA as grace is only given to the physically fit!!! they do say thay they will relegate you if you didnt come up to the standards but i am yet to see a DSSC being relegated (either it be docs or ICTOs)

as per computer guys they have been opening data centers around and as far as i have heard they have opened one in Swat as well, plus the whole army is getting connected and paperwork is being limited, video conferences are being held, rather then depending upon the typical mail system army is switching on to its own intranet kind of system!!!! so you will be needed!!!

Back
Top Bottom