What's new

Information Pool & Analysis on Pakistan's AF Aspiration for Su-35 / Su-35S - FLANKER-E

Nothing as Su-37 exists, it was Su-35 S with few advanced subsystems. Similarly, when the Russian pitched in the Indian MRCA competition, nothing like Mig-35 existed, it was Mig-29 OVT.

Su-37 is either a journalism error, or media sensationalism.
How can Sputnik news commit such a big mistake ???. This is not a Small mistake its the main headline.

How can Sputnik news commit such a big mistake ???. This is not a Small mistake its the main headline.

I would not trust just one source blindly, given that Russia agreed to sell long distance strategic fighters to Pakistan, indicates a shift in their foreign policy. I will wait for RT and Pravda to confirm the same.

These threads are getting out of hand. There should be an official thread on this.

:lol: Su 37.

Where is Su 37? Until now no country has one and except one that was build for doing experiments. And here it is Pakistan is negotiating them with Russia.

There is a limit to do propaganda.

I would not trust just one source blindly, given that Russia agreed to sell long distance strategic fighters to Pakistan, indicates a shift in their foreign policy. I will wait for RT and Pravda to confirm the same.
Maybe India's relation with US and India seeking interest in FA-18s have pushed Russia to Join hands with Pakistan.

Where is Su 37? Until now no country has one and except one that was build for doing experiments. And here it is Pakistan is negotiating them with Russia.

its sputnik doing the "propaganda" you know.

Mr. ito Sputnik is confirming this news about Su-37 since 4 to 5 hours.

Maybe India's relation with US and India seeking interest in FA-18s have pushed Russia to Join hands with Pakistan.

Probably, but India's drive for F-18SH/F-16 has been confirmed by the highest officials of the respective country, and probably by dozens of international news journals.

I'm just saying, I'd wait for more news sources to catch up to the news. Sputnik have published about many news articles about India and other countries, which turned out to be false.

Yes, it is possible. But looking at the precarious Pakistani monetary position people doubt. India is jointly developing billions of dollars worth of missiles, fighter planes and submarines with Russia. Unless Pakistan can spend more than that with Russia, you have no chance of replacing India.

Mr. ito Sputnik is confirming this news about Su-37 since 4 to 5 hours.

The status of Su 37 is "development ceased".

At least people who are doing this propaganda should have done some background work.

its sputnik doing the "propaganda" you know.

Paid news agencies are dime a dozen. Unless it comes from government sources...this is all propaganda.

At least people who are doing this propaganda should have done some background work.

Sputnik news is a Russian New Agency. Maybe a shift in Russian policy about India has happened. Let me make it clear, This is a government controlled news agency as sources confirms it.

Sputnik news is a Russian New Agency. Maybe a shift in Russian policy about India has happened. Let me make it clear, This a government controlled news agency as sources confirms it.

Ok man, I give up....Pakistani is buying dozens of Su 37's. Now happy!

SU-37 offers following over SU-35:

1. Thrust Vectoring Control.
The Su-37 represents a new capability utilizing TVC which permits post-stall maneuvering and pointing which are impossible in conventional aircraft.

This gives rise to a rearward facing radar and rear facing missiles that can be fired in the aft-quadrant all join to make an unbeatable integrated weapons system.

2. Rear Facing Radar.

The defensive suite utilizes the Phazotran rear-hemisphere active threat warning radar, called the N-014, that claims to have a 3 to 5 km (1.2 to 2.0 nm) capability against missile sized targets. The first Su-35 prototype was fitted with a development version of the rear-facing N-014 (JDW, 29Feb93, pg6) in place of its drag chute.
Major General Vasili Alexandrov, Chief of the Central Scientific and Research Institute of the Russian Federation Air Forces, said that the purpose of this radar was to provide an "over-the-shoulder" radar missile firing capability. The question of "how" they would arrange the missiles to fly to the rear quadrant so quickly has become an important discussion point.

3. Rear Facing Pylon.

One approach, noted in Jane's, was that the AA-10b shortburn IR ("Alamo B") missile would be mounted on the Su-35's wing on a backward-facing pylon. That would have left the rocket motor nozzle and large control fins facing the air stream. This was then reported to be unsatisfactory because the missile, which requires large aero-surfaces to fly, would have problems firing off backwards through the zero-velocity region as it went on its way. Also, there was damage reported in flight test to the missile due to it having the rocket motor nozzle directed into the relative wind. So the rotated pylon approach with the AA-10b appears to have disqualified itself.

The answer was to use the very capable R-73 (AA-11 "Archer") in a simply reverse mount with a booster motor booster-pac attached to the back of the R-73's rocket motor but facing forward. This would allow the booster to rapidly stop the missile in flight from a negative (forward) velocity to zero in a very quick (less than one second). The missile motor then fires and the missile is on its way.

The N-014 radar in conjunction with the optical warning receiver can then just pick up the threat, que the missile, and launch the missile.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/1553...new+Su-37+Super+Flanker+fighter+jet+in+action

Sputnik news infiltrared by bloody isi... thats what is....

I see Pakistan is flushing with funds, just few months back they can't able to pay unsubsidized f 16s now looking for s 35 and 37, just ask Chinese counterparts how much Su 35 costs
Paying for Su 35 is enough for Pakistan economic doom
Being part of CPEC would be a great deal for the Russian. Giving them a road to Hot waters. It will bring a lot of revenue for the Russian people.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom