What's new

Industrialists unhappy over heavy increase in minimum wage in Sindh

Protest_again is correct, his reasoning is 100% true.

PKR 8,000 * 13,000 workers = 1 crore 40 lacs increase in salaries. Bear in mind margins are usually in pennies where high volume production is concerned.

@Protest_again What is minimum wage in India and what subsidies are given to people by state of India?
Thanks

I think like Pakistan its up to states of India to set that. Let me google

Minimum wage unskiled in Maharashtra, must rich and industrial state in India 8828 or around Rs19k in Pakistani rupees. Now in north, Bihar 6162 which is Rs13k.

More closer to home, Indian punjab minimum wage Rs 9,178 which is around 19.5k, almost like minimum wage of Pakistan. Anyway I like Pakistan where minimum wage is Rs20k in all provinces but Sindh now want to increase to rs25k which is unrealistic. No wonder you see millions of biharis and UP people working outside their states when disparity is huge.

Uneducated landlords / Waderas Ruling Elites of Sindh are extrorting money from the industrialists of Karachi

They are hampering industrial growth at the cost of of Pakistan.

Exactly, huge chunk of industry is in Karachi which cannot be shifted out. PPP didn't like GDP growth figures which have changed PTI fortunes.

I think like Pakistan its up to states of India to set that. Let me google

Minimum wage unskiled in Maharashtra, must rich and industrial state in India 8828 or around Rs19k in Pakistani rupees. Now in north, Bihar 6162 which is Rs13k.

More closer to home, Indian punjab minimum wage Rs 9,178 which is around 19.5k, almost like minimum wage of Pakistan. Anyway I like Pakistan where minimum wage is Rs20k in all provinces but Sindh now want to increase to rs25k which is unrealistic. No wonder you see millions of biharis and UP people working outside their states when disparity is huge.
Thank you for making it easy for me. This is our minimum wage even as our per capita income is about 40% more than Pakistan.
Protest_again is correct, his reasoning is 100% true.

PKR 8,000 * 13,000 workers = 1 crore 40 lacs increase in salaries. Bear in mind margins are usually in pennies where high volume production is concerned.

8000*13000 is 10 crore 40 lakhs. 125 crores an annum.

Last edited:
Industries are getting access to Raw materials without Paying duties and Energy Tariffs at competitive rates and TERF Financing at Subsidized Mark Up .If There Is An Increase in Minimum Wage I Think There Is Nothing Wrong

From India and Pak official GDP figures. 40% was true in 2019 when devaluation happened, lot have changed since then. India contracted GDP by 8% vs Pakistan growth of 4%.
Well, that will be corrected this year. Anyways, that is not the point of discussion. We don't need to digress.

Industries are getting access to Raw materials without Paying duties and Energy Tariffs at competitive rates and TERF Financing at Subsidized Mark Up .If There Is An Increase in Minimum Wage I Think There Is Nothing Wrong

This is the most redundant step taken, this will result in rise in inflation in Sindh (Karachi already has the highest prices in Pakistan not because of genuine reasons but cartelization and extortion by ppp). Industries in Sindh already pay the highest in energy tariff. Add to this the minimum wage drama which is not based on any metric but just politics (Punjab set the wheat procurment at 1700 sindh sets it at 2000, Punjab announces minimum wage of 20000 they announced 25000).

This will lead to exodus of industries in karachi to other parts of country.

Janwaron ka raj hai Sindh mai. They will destroy everything.

This is the most redundant step taken, this will result in rise in inflation in Sindh (Karachi already has the highest prices in Pakistan not because of genuine reasons but cartelization and extortion by ppp). Industries in Sindh already pay the highest in energy tariff. Add to this the minimum wage drama which is not based on any metric but just politics (Punjab set the wheat procurment at 1700 sindh sets it at 2000, Punjab announces minimum wage of 20000 they announced 25000).

This will lead to exodus of industries in karachi to other parts of country.

Janwaron ka raj hai Sindh mai. They will destroy everything.

Its not easy to shift industry, especially Karachi being only port city in Pakistan. In short term it can have damaging affect on GDP growth rate which is what PTI is responsible. In the long run PPP want to destroy Karachi economy so its expansion and population can be controlled. Minimum wage of Rs20k is already higher then even richest Indian states like Punjab and Maharashtra. Majority of Indian population who live in cow belt have minimum wage of Rs 13k.

If federal gov is responsible for GDP growth, revenues, debt and so on. Then some powers from provinces should be taken away.

Thank you for making it easy for me. This is our minimum wage even as our per capita income is about 40% more than Pakistan.

Pakistan:
The per capita income has been calculated at Rs246,414 for 2020-21, compared to Rs215,060 in 2019-20, showing a growth of 14.6pc. The per capita income in dollar terms has jumped by 13.4pc to $1,543 during this fiscal year from $1,361 last year.

India:

While India's per capita GDP is estimated to fall 10.5 per cent to $1,877, 2020 fig. (it has fallen though)

That makes India's GDP per capita barely 20%(at 2000 USD) higher than Pakistan, and gap is closing, in 2-3 year time Pakistan will be ahead of India.

47% overnight increase certainly a stupid idea. We need to be competitive (both in terms of cost and quality) in order to get back lost market share and recover capacity we lost in last decade. Keep in mind our competitor enjoys LDC benefit on top of cheaper labor and electricity.

what is the benifit of that industry if workers can not feed the family and live like humans ? you want us to be like india gdp per capita 2000$ on papers poor workers have no food and all the money in pockets of ambanis tata ? industry can go to hell if not ready to feed poor workers .

Mashallah - you took the words from my mouth and the sentiment from my heart.

If industrialists can't afford to pay proper wages then thier business is inadequate.

Back
Top Bottom