What's new

Indonesian aerospace company introduces new homegrown aircraft

Thanks, for the N219's engines we use Pratt & Whitney PT6A-42 from Canada. We do have engines factory, Honeywell Indonesia, in Bintan that supply TPE 331 engine for our CN-235.

For N219 airplane, we use our own resources, 100% Indonesian design from the clean sheet. No foreign assistance.

N219, in military paint, will be plotted to replace our remaining Nomad fleet. Thailand also already voice thier interest to acquire this plane.
5dwm8548_indonesian_n219_0.jpg
maybe this is additional information from MoU between Honeywell and PT DI
https://honeywell.com/Worldwide/Doc...CONTRACT TO POWER PT DIRGANTARA INDONESIA.pdf

PT Air Born Plans to Order Eight N219 Aircraft

Zoom Out Zoom In Normal
TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Pioneer Airlines PT Air Born will order eight units of the N219 aircraft, which have been produced by the National Aviation and Space Agency (Lapan) and state-owned aircraft industry PTDI.

Air Born will purchase eight N219s to support its fleet, which flies pioneer routes and provides charter services. "We have ordered eight units of N219s. Perhaps this is the first order. We hope in 2017 that we will get to operate the planes, replacing those which are still active now," said President Director of PT Air Born, Sazahan Mohamad Yassin, during the rollout of the N219 at the PTDI Hanger in Bandung, West Java, on Thursday.

Sazahan said the order for the N219s is part of the companys strategy to seize opportunities in the charter aircraft business, which Air Born has been doing so far.

He said his company is operating six Twin Otter planes. Most of them are operated through a charter system. "Ahead, the aircraft charterer business is promising. We are focusing on providing services for mining and cargo transportation," he added.

The company has already secured financing guarantees for the purchase of the PTDI product, he said, adding that he believed N219s were of high quality.

"PTDI has proven its guarantee on the quality, convenience and security of its planes. They are needed for pioneer flights and charter services," he added.

He said his company's trust in PTDI products was built after observing its products, such as the CN235 and N212 aircraft that have been used by many countries. "N219 has excellent transportation capacity and we will use it to increase the number of aircraft in our cargo transportation fleet," noted Sazahan.

PT Air Born Plans to Order Eight N219 Aircraft | Economy & Business | Tempo.Co :: Indonesian News Portal

Mr Sazahan Mohammad Yasin ( President Director PT Airborn) order will secure N 219 production line in 2017 as in the first year the amount of unit to be produced by PT Dirgantara Indonesia is just about 6-7 units, in which then will be increased in the next year as the order grows, inshaAlllah.

We hope the maiden flight will be successful next year.

last news, around $5M a piece. Much cheaper than NC-212, around $9M a piece.
You are free to gift me one.
On a serious note I hope India soon develops Jets for Anti Submarine and Anti Ship role

You are free to gift me one.
On a serious note I hope India soon develops Jets for Anti Submarine and Anti Ship role

Indonesia that you mean...:D

I think it is not effective to hunt submarine by using jet, and for anti ship role, I believe KFX/IFX is also prepared for doing so,

By the way CN 235- 200 MPA has Anti Submarine and Anti Ship role

CN235-220 MPA
CN235PATMAR.jpg

CN235 is a complete surveillance and security aircraft, covering a wide variety of missions: maritime surveillance, search and rescue (SAR), Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) control, marine pollution prevention and control, anti-submarine and anti-surface warfare.

Considering a standard mission configuration, the CN235 Persuader maximum endurance is over 11 hours and the time on station at 200nm distance is over nine hours.

MARITIME SURVEILANCE AIRCRAFT(MSA) VERSION

ANTI SUBMARINE WARFARE (ASW) VERSION

MARITIME PATROL AIRCRAFT (MPA) VERSION

Specification
CN235_PATMAR-02.jpg

Dirgantara Indonesia

I am not reccomend cn235 for submarine hunting

I don't like Turboprop aircraft as much as jet aircraft but this is a significant breakthrough for the Indonesian aerospace industry, hats off. :tup: It might be too early to ask but are there any potential customers?

btw this achievement clearly showed us indonesia manufacturing capability over wannabe superpower and master of delta mekong

I don't like Turboprop aircraft as much as jet aircraft but this is a significant breakthrough for the Indonesian aerospace industry, hats off. :tup: It might be too early to ask but are there any potential customers?

Turboprop or jet is just something that should be decided once the market is targeted. Turboprop is more economical than jet in operation cost.

Around 100 preliminary order by Indonesian companies and institutions, and 8 fix order by PT Air Born (Indonesian), the news in the first page, so at least it will be producing once the licensed is taken, inshaAllah. This kind of airplane is made from marketing point of view, so the market is clear. We have so many airplane like this in our Armed forced and our growing airlines industries.

The market is similar like Twin Otter, so countries around the world who operate many Twin Otter plane is our market as well. Today one aerospace company in Canada has shown interest and will help the license process at Canada if we can reach a deal with them.

Turboprop or jet is just something that should be decided once the market is targeted. Turboprop is more economical than jet in operation cost.

Around 100 preliminary order by Indonesian companies and institutions, and 8 fix order by PT Air Born (Indonesian), the news in the first page, so at least it will be producing once the licensed is taken, inshaAllah. This kind of airplane is made from marketing point of view, so the market is clear. We have so many airplane like this in our Armed forced and our growing airlines industries.

The market is similar like Twin Otter, so countries around the world who operate many Twin Otter plane is our market as well. Today one aerospace company in Canada has shown interest and will help the license process at Canada if we can reach a deal with them.

This is a chance for PT. Dirgantara Indonesia to ensure healty financial outlook in the future, by expanding their market from supplying military aircraft for government institution to comercial, civilian aircraft. There's a lot of customer there. Beside Twin Otter, Harbin Y-12 also targeting the same market. From the interview with PT.DI director, an aerospace company in Canada will help us with FAA licensing, for assembling and distribution right. For EASA licensing, we will colaborate with Airbus.

This is a chance for PT. Dirgantara Indonesia to ensure healty financial outlook in the future, by expanding their market from supplying military aircraft for government institution to comercial, civilian aircraft. There's a lot of customer there. Beside Twin Otter, Harbin Y-12 also targeting the same market. From the interview with PT.DI director, an aerospace company in Canada will help us with FAA licensing, for assembling and distribution right. For EASA licensing, we will colaborate with Airbus.

If we can secure FAA license, so we can maximize PT Dirgantara branch office at Seattle USA. I bet there is huge market as well in USA and Twin Otter is an old plane which is made by old technology and more expensive as well than N 219. We hope N 219 is really a good airplane and easy to maintain, for this one, we need to wait its testing.

PT Dirgantara branch office, Seattle USA
building.jpg

Back
Top Bottom