What's new

Indonesia had another high-seas encounter with China—but this time it brought a bigger boat

i think you are correct. China lost that round because of weak leadership.

China doesn't know how to throw its weight around like Russia and US. I think having all these fancy weapons is useless as Chinese government do not have the political will to use it.

Throughout history except maybe under Emperor Qian Long, Chinese policies have always been re-active rather proactive.

Use the sword wisely and it could be a lethal weapon and it will bring a lot of benefits for its master.

Of course, you can protect your interest, but, don't deny that the dispute always exist, In fact, I don't know where is Natunas EEZ, if it overlap with sea China claim, better sit down and negotiate, right?

If you do too much, sorry, you also choose wrong target, hope can settle the dispute peacefully, but if can't, let fist talk, and, maybe a little aggressive, before that, buy as much weapon as you can, especially, from China, high cost performance.

And, be honestly, altough I hope China and Indonesia can be friend, personally, I don't like Indonesia, because it always let me think of 98 massacre.

Why should China tone down? but not you? sorry, it is mutual, don't threat us, don't think it work, in fact, I think it is same to you.

In the case, it is your military warship that enforcing, not coast guard ship, the target is just a unarmed fishing boat, it is disputed sea, for me, the case anger me is that you military warship fire at a Chinese unarmed fish boat, sorry, not only you indonesian want protecting your sea, the case will force China government be tougher, because now, in China, you anger normal Chinese, not only you have anger.

The case should be settle better.
If only PDF had function like "Suggest Edit"..
Bro...Practice&learn this language more..
I always feel embarrassed when our Chinese make grammar mistakes in foreign websites..

In March, an Indonesian patrol boat captured a Chinese fishing trawler illegally operating within Indonesia’s territorial waters
Feel sorry for it..
It reminds me of some other events that Chinese fishermen cross the border…(Japan involved,a Chinese boat not only go into EEZ,but arrive at Japan island..)
Some fishermen indeed have gone too far,they seem to be lacking in education.

Last edited:
I always feel embrassed when our Chinese make grammar mistakes in foreign websites..
You can continue to feel your "embrassed",
He can continue to speek his "Chinese English."
I think your suggestion is so damn right,thank you.

China doesn't know how to throw its weight around like Russia and US. I think having all these fancy weapons is useless as Chinese government do not have the political will to use it.

Throughout history except maybe under Emperor Qian Long, Chinese policies have always been re-active rather proactive.
I don't think so.Vietnam is a good counter example.
But China really have to learn how to get on with these small neighbouring countries(Of course they think they are territorial powers.)
The young generation will become more uncompromising ,tough and practical.

"Indonesia is the biggest country in Southeast Asia but we never impose our interests on other smaller countries in Southeast Asia. We try to listen and understand what the interests of other countries in the region are, because listening is harder than talking" ~ Soegeng Rahardjo, the Indonesian Ambassador to China.

Although i understood the statement is for the Chinese, but we all knew what happened decades ago after Malaysia Independent...
"Indonesia is the biggest country in Southeast Asia but we never impose our interests on other smaller countries in Southeast Asia. We try to listen and understand what the interests of other countries in the region are, because listening is harder than talking" ~ Soegeng Rahardjo, the Indonesian Ambassador to China.

Indonesia is the biggest country in Southeast Asia but we never impose our interests on other smaller countries in Southeast Asia. We try to listen and understand what the interests of other countries in the region are, because listening is harder than talking
~ Soegeng Rahardjo, the Indonesian Ambassador to China

Indonesia as an enemy is not something to be afraid of, as a poor third world country indonesia should know its place.
~ Random keyboard warrior

:whistle:

There is a saying, "you have to practice what you preach". LOL

If Indonesia actually practice that preach, you wouldn't blow up Vietnamese boats despite their government asking for mercy. This is not counting taking mercy on Australia cocaine citizen being lock up. LOL But we do understand our Indonesia friends' interest and concern regarding their territories. We have stated before that we recognized Natuna as Indonesia territory. The event was trigger by misunderstanding. W

Malacca strait is sharing with Indo + Malaysia +singapore !

Check out how many US military bases in Singapore.

Before Choke China you need Choke Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Japan and The US first, good luck with that !!!

Nope bud, Singapore only has a little fraction on it, just around that tiny state. It can be said that Indonesia and Malaysia who own The Strait.

As you can see on the map, even Batam island and Bintan island are all belonging to Indonesian

karte-6-847.gif

Nope bud, Singapore only has a little fraction on it, just around that tiny state. It can be said that Indonesia and Malaysia who own The Strait.

As you can see on the map, even Batam island and Bintan island are all belonging to Indonesian

karte-6-847.gif

belonging is one thing, Under who's control is another thing!

We can see Singapore with the most powerful Airforce in SEA and US navy bases controls The Strait.

Besides, there is Australia factor around Indonisia, that's why, Indo needs China more and more in future!

Last edited:
If Indonesia actually practice that preach, you wouldn't blow up Vietnamese boats despite their government asking for mercy. This is not counting taking mercy on Australia cocaine citizen being lock up.

Completely irrelevent. We are curbing illegal boats within our own sovereign water. That's why, even after more than 170 boats getting blown up, we hardly heard any noise from our neighboring countries. They are mute, that's sign of understanding. They acknowladge and respect our stance on the matter. And no more clemency on drugs related offence. Indonesian authorities had sent 2 Australian drug offender to their final resting place last year.

But we do understand our Indonesia friends' interest and concern regarding their territories. We have stated before that we recognized Natuna as Indonesia territory. The event was trigger by misunderstanding.

That's what i advocated earlier. Cool your head off. Things are under control :coffee:

belonging is one thing, Under who's control is another thing!

We can see Singapore with the most powerful Airforce in SEA and US navy bases controls The Strait.

Besides, there is Australia factor around Indonisia, that's why, Indo needs Chins more and more in future!

Singapore wil not do against us, you dont have clear understanding about geopolitics in term of Indo-Singapore relationship. They know what Indonesia will likely to grow in the future, thats why Singapore is very fast to clear their territorial dispute with us, not like Malaysia.

Australia and Singapore both see us as their threat.

Personally I like China. I hope China stop their aggressiveness toward us and we can be a good ally just like in Cheng Ho time once again. It is better to cooperate with us to win greater agenda together.

You can continue to feel your "embrassed",
He can continue to speek his "Chinese English."
I think your suggestion is so damn right,thank you.
A few mistakes exist everywhere,but in Quora or some other sites.Though Indian&Viet also make some mistakes(At most vocabulary,not grammar),the amount can't be compared with those of Chinese.(Even those college students make a lot of mistakes in Quora.)

Back
Top Bottom