What's new

Indonesia finally make Rafale contract effective

Right now the arm race favors Indonesia and Malaysia, who have more independence to buy their wares.

Singapore is ONLY USA, whose engineering capabilities fall off the cliff over the recent years.

The worst nightmare for Singapore is Indonesia and Malaysia acquire J10C with a complementary fleet of J35 stealth fighter. The arm race is probably over by then and Singapore is the loser.

From the Indonesian media

Actually the contract hasnt been activated by Finance Minister. It said it needs 3-6 months for the activation. So the February event is not the activation, but the signing ceremony for 6 Rafale fighters contract with subsequent 36 orders as plan (MOU) but not yet executed in the form of contract if we gather from Indonesian source ( Defense Minister and Defense Minister spoke person direct statement and explanation)

And Jane Defense reporter is false, 56 months is not from contract signature, but from contract activation by the time Indonesian government gives the down payment for the foreign loan.

The contract is not just for 6 planes, but associated equipment and others which havent been detailed and published to the media/public.

Just want to show how powerful our Finance Ministry is, actually Indonesia should have already bough SU 35 in 2018, but delayed happen quite long within Finance Ministry about the contra trade detail ( later the order is just abolished due to CATSA reason despite it is already a contract but not yet being activated)

Second is Changbogo second Batch is also stuck in Finance Ministry since Finance Ministry doesnt agree on the interest rate for loan given by South Korean bank. Later we likely choose Scorpene and abandone Changbogo second batch despite it is also already a contract ( but not yet activated)

1644888582170.png

1644888607562.png

I heard that Indonesia will also go for F-15E. I guess that will be the high lo mix going forward?

I heard that Indonesia will also go for F-15E. I guess that will be the high lo mix going forward?

Prabowo wish list, but no financial backing so far since MRCA program is only for 1.1 billion USD for entire 2020-2024 period. I have explained in previous posts.

You need to understand what our Defense Minister wants is not necessary our Administration wants, he is Defense Minister who wants to buy this and that, but the plans cannot go through without the President, Planning Minister, and Finance Ministry decision.

Prabowo is 2 times Presidential candidates, he is not normal Defense Minister like usual Defense Minister would behave. He has promised during the election debate to modernize Indonesia Defense aggressively, another election is in February 2024 ( first stage since if no candidate reach 50 % + than second stage election will be commenced with only 2 President candidate).

His acquisition program and plan is to show he do what he stated during election, if it is failed he just can say it is because I am not the President and Planning Minister and Finance Ministry dont support my plan. He is still on for next election.

Last edited:
View attachment 814065

France Defence Minister will visit Jakarta within this week, waiting for confirmation soon.

As I have stated many times, the acquisition of MRCA cannot exceed 1.1 billion USD as it is the figure given by our Planning Minister and Finance Minister. The order is just for 6 planes and will use foreign loan to finance it.

The planes most probably arrives in the next administration period ( 2025-2029)
Only 6? That’s little. Usually only half is operational. To have an impact you need at least 2 squadrons. The PLA will soon send bombers.

Only 6? That’s little. Usually only half is operational. To have an impact you need at least 2 squadrons. The PLA will soon send bombers.

The best impact to have Rafale is actually not in number, see what I had posted in page 1, I hope you can find one...:D

The Muslims have great advantage that the Gulf Sheikhs can pool all their aircraft inventory, conduct exercise and evaluate their capabilities. I guess Muslims leaders already know well which aircraft is good and which is bad,

The fact that Pakistan quickly acquire J10C after Indian got their Rafales indicates that J10C can confidently beat Rafales.

6 out of 42.

Congrats but remember no air exercises in these rafales with other countries with f16s....

Do all your training inhouse

Congratulations to Indonesia - excellent decision - much much better and more capable platform than the Russian junk it was looking at before.

Congratulations to Indonesia - excellent decision - much much better and more capable platform than the Russian junk it was looking at before.

Yup, better 1.1 billion USD for SU35 is spend to buy 6 Rafale with associated equipment. More over this can seal the use of Meteor missile that we will use in our KF21/IFX program inshaAllah.

Meteor Missile order is now in process

Yup, better 1.1 billion USD for SU35 is spend to buy 6 Rafale with associated equipment. More over this can seal the use of Meteor missile that we will use in our KF21/IFX program inshaAllah.

Meteor Missile order is now in process

Yes - the meteor is the bridge between both platforms. Would have preferred Indonesia to buy UK built typhoons(oh well) but a much better decision than the Su35s..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom