What's new

Indonesia Economy Forum

"Logically, 20 percent of the national budget is aimed for educational purposes, while five percent is for health. How could it be possible, if there are no unicorns from these sectors?"

Hahahaha.

Pendidikan sejak dulu ga maju karena birokrasi dan korupsi. Guru sekolah negeri lebih banyak menghabiskan waktu untuk urusan birokrasi ketimbang mengajar. Makanya ketika ada perubahan syarat seperti membuat buku, artikel ilmiah dll, untuk mendapatkan kredit banyak yang ga suka bukan karena ga bisa, waktunya ga ada karena habis ngurus birokrasi yang ribet.

Lalu pemilihan kepala sekolah yang secara sistem open dengan jual beli jabatan.

Ditambah dengan sistem pelatihan guru sekolah negeri yang nggak efektif.
Emang yg dipikir ma yg diomongin ma artikel tu edukasi dimaksud sektor formal? LOL

Posted several years ago but relevant with today economic prediction

Indonesia’s Future Lies in Its Informal Sector

Clear property rights would bring the country's "dead capital" to life.
Saturday, September 9, 2017
indonesian_man_street_market.jpg

Alfi Syahrin Ario Waskito
Politics Street Business Indonesia Property Rights
When people are asked to share their thoughts on Indonesia, what usually comes to their mind first is the image of a populous Third-World country, a huge, tropical archipelago where people still live in the rain forest, and of course famous tourist hotspots such as the island of Bali.

Indonesia, with its 250 million inhabitants, has become the economic powerhouse of Southeast Asia.

But there is much more to it than these clichés.

Having spent the better part of my life in Indonesia, I can assure you that there are many more things to discover about the country, including some valuable lessons when it comes to economic development and the role market reforms play for it.

Indonesia, with its 250 million inhabitants, has become the economic powerhouse of Southeast Asia, as indicated by the fact that among the G20 states, only China has a faster-growing economy.

Despite this amazing economic growth, the ideas of classical liberalism are still met with bewilderment, if not scornful rejection by the vast majority of the population. An exception to the rule is a group of ordinary Indonesians who work in the informal sector.

Buzzing Streets, Busy Vendors

Let me share a story with you to explain what I mean:

In Indonesia, the easiest way to find a good, affordable meal is to go to one of the innumerable street food vendors scattered across the country’s biggest cities.

Hidden between Jakarta’s massive skyscrapers, you can find them selling their products in the side streets of the main traffic lanes. They offer a large variety of meals such as fried rice, porridge, fried chicken or deep-fried catfish. One of my favorite food stalls is operated by Budi, a short, sharp-eyed man of 39 years.

"Why, then, do I not make the first step myself and try to help others?”

Being from a little village in Indonesia and lacking any kind of formal education, it may be hard to imagine that Budi can make a living in such a big city (the Greater Jakarta metropolitan area is the second largest in the world, totaling a whopping 30.2 million inhabitants). But, against all odds, he’s become very successful with his business, selling deep-fried catfish. His consumers come from every conceivable socio-economic background, from people who rely on old bicycles to make their daily commute to white-collar workers with expensive European sports cars.

The profit he makes with his food stall is partly used to fund a scholarship for children in his native village.

When I asked him why he does it, he replied: “Back in my days, it was very hard to get a proper education if you weren’t from a rich family. The government itself doesn’t help you at all (there are no subsidies for education). But people cannot wait until something as uncertain as the government steps in. Why, then, do I not make the first step myself and try to help others?”

Budi is by no means an exception: in Indonesia, there are many people like him; self-employed businessmen from small villages who came to major cities like Jakarta as street vendors, and who would send profits home to help their relatives and friends.

Targets Of The Government’s Whims

Around 60 percent of Indonesia’s economy relies on this informal sector. The story that locals tell is that “in Indonesia, you can easily start a business by selling fried rice today, and if you go bankrupt, you can start again by selling porridge tomorrow.”

Regulatory excesses have long been a defining feature of Indonesia‘s bureaucracy.

Unfortunately, there are dire threats to fortune seekers in Indonesia. Because of their unclear legal status, they became subject to arbitrary extortion by government officials. Vendors unable to pay on the spot risk the destruction of their stall, disregarding even the most fundamental aspects of property rights.

Budi, too, has been a victim of these heinous attacks: “In my ten years doing business, I was facing eviction during five of them, and once my stall was destroyed by officials even though I am always paying the extortion fee”, he says. As with many other developing countries, the government’s employees rarely abide by the rule of law, and corruption is rampant.

Why don’t Budi and his fellow businessmen just move their businesses out of this gray area by registering them? They no doubt would like to do so, but it isn’t quite so simple.

Regulatory excesses have long been a defining feature of Indonesia‘s bureaucracy, requiring a myriad of special permits before any private business can officially resume its activities. The upshot is that for the average Indonesian businessman, the status quo – with all its obvious drawbacks – is still the cheaper solution. You’ll find this confirmed in the Heritage Foundation’s annual Index of Economic Freedom, where Indonesia ranks a mere 84th, far behind its neighbors Malaysia, Singapore or the Philippines.

Even though property rights are by and large respected, enforcement is inefficient and unreliable, and registering property can be difficult. The judiciary has demonstrated independence in some cases, but the court system remains plagued by corruption and other temptations.

Dead capital cannot create value for the poor.

Entrepreneurial Potential Bound in Artificial Chains

All of this reminds me of the work of the famous Peruvian economist Hernando de Soto and his insights into “dead capital.”

“Dead capital” is de Soto’s term for an asset that cannot easily be bought, sold, valued, or used as collateral to raise investment capital.

Take slums for example: the poverty of its inhabitants is so salient that we massively underestimate how much capital these people might own. These possessions, however, do not constitute fully-exploitable assets. Dead capital cannot, therefore, create value for the poor.

Contrast this with how the OECD countries handle the situation. All of them have devised a formal property system of titles and title registers that include real estate used for homes or businesses. De Soto claims that this is in large part why some nations are rich while others are stuck in poverty. Or, in his own words, “With titles, shares and property laws, people could suddenly go beyond looking at their assets as they are — houses used for shelter—to thinking about what they could be—things like security for credit to start or expand a business.” The people of poor nations hold the key to a more prosperous future in their own hands, but their governments prevent them from using it.

It shouldn’t be surprising to see the ideas of liberty become a hope for Indonesians like Budi.

While the situation in Indonesia isn’t nearly as bleak as in other parts of the world, de Soto’s insights still apply. Many entrepreneurs from the informal sector cannot take their businesses to the next stage because of legal barriers. Banks are usually afraid to lend them money because the informal sector cannot provide them with the collateral they are looking for.

Thus, a vicious cycle is set in motion. Businesses are held back from evolving as a result of excess regulation. Then, because they are prevented from growing, they won’t find any creditors that could help them to overcome legal obstacles.

Some Hope For The Future?

It shouldn’t be surprising to see the ideas of liberty, particularly its economic implications—such as free markets, property rights, and small government—become a hope for Indonesians like Budi.

In fact, we are finally now seeing some overdue bureaucratic reforms being undertaken, spearheaded by small entrepreneurs. Many major cities in Indonesia have already revised laws that allowed the targeting of informal sellers for extortion, and have cut the number of permits businesses need to be legitimized.

There is still a long way to go but the recent liberal turn in economic policy has instilled new hopes in the country’s thrifty sellers.

Telkom to invest around Rp 1 trillion in cloud data centers next year
  • News Desk
    The Jakarta Post
Jakarta / Fri, October 4, 2019 / 12:45 pm
2019_10_04_80376_1570152454._large.jpg
Telkomsigma data center. (telkomsigma.co.id/-)
Publicly listed state telecommunication giant PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia (Telkom) plans to invest in additional data centers in the country as a facilitator for clients with big data needs. Construction will only commence next year but Telkom is already acquiring plots of land.

Telkom chief financial officer Harry Mozarta Zen said land purchases were being carried out gradually across Indonesia. According to him, it is still difficult to accurately estimate the investment value of Telkom’s data centers since clients that are interested in becoming one of the data centers’ tenants are still growing.

“A data center will only be constructed if there is enough demand from our clients. If we had planned to construct a specific amount of centers and turns out the demand is higher than expected, it is possible for us to build more centers to accommodate as many clients as possible,” Harry told The Jakarta Post at the State-Owned Enterprises Ministry building in Jakarta on Thursday.

When asked for a rough estimate, Harry claimed that the investment value of the new data centers by the start of construction next year would be approximately Rp 1 trillion (US$ 70.6 million).

Telkom already runs data centers called NeuCentrlX spread across 17 locations. Out of all the branches, 11 are located in Indonesia, three in Singapore and one in Hong Kong.

The existing data centers are operated by Telkom subsidiary PT Sigma Cipta Caraka or Telkomsigma. The company has more than 283 clients, mostly from the banking and financial service sectors. According to Harry, the new data centers will also be operated by Telkomsigma.

“NeuCentralX centers collect, analyzes and simplifies patterns for its users. We also act as a secure network provider for transferring big data online,” said Telkom wholesale and international services director Edwin Aristiawan during the Indonesia Cloud & Data Center Convention in South Jakarta last month.

Telkom’s decision to construct more data centers came not too long after search engine giant Google announced that it was planning to open a Google Cloud Region data center in Indonesia next year. Google’s centers will configure big data using its cloud system and will serve clients throughout Southeast Asia.

Data centers enable its users to read patterns such as consumer preference or habits using big data technology and are increasingly being used by enterprises in Indonesia to optimize operations. (bry)

Posted several years ago but relevant with today economic prediction

Indonesia’s Future Lies in Its Informal Sector

Clear property rights would bring the country's "dead capital" to life.
Saturday, September 9, 2017
indonesian_man_street_market.jpg

Alfi Syahrin Ario Waskito
Politics Street Business Indonesia Property Rights
When people are asked to share their thoughts on Indonesia, what usually comes to their mind first is the image of a populous Third-World country, a huge, tropical archipelago where people still live in the rain forest, and of course famous tourist hotspots such as the island of Bali.

Indonesia, with its 250 million inhabitants, has become the economic powerhouse of Southeast Asia.

But there is much more to it than these clichés.

Having spent the better part of my life in Indonesia, I can assure you that there are many more things to discover about the country, including some valuable lessons when it comes to economic development and the role market reforms play for it.

Indonesia, with its 250 million inhabitants, has become the economic powerhouse of Southeast Asia, as indicated by the fact that among the G20 states, only China has a faster-growing economy.

Despite this amazing economic growth, the ideas of classical liberalism are still met with bewilderment, if not scornful rejection by the vast majority of the population. An exception to the rule is a group of ordinary Indonesians who work in the informal sector.

Buzzing Streets, Busy Vendors

Let me share a story with you to explain what I mean:

In Indonesia, the easiest way to find a good, affordable meal is to go to one of the innumerable street food vendors scattered across the country’s biggest cities.

Hidden between Jakarta’s massive skyscrapers, you can find them selling their products in the side streets of the main traffic lanes. They offer a large variety of meals such as fried rice, porridge, fried chicken or deep-fried catfish. One of my favorite food stalls is operated by Budi, a short, sharp-eyed man of 39 years.

"Why, then, do I not make the first step myself and try to help others?”

Being from a little village in Indonesia and lacking any kind of formal education, it may be hard to imagine that Budi can make a living in such a big city (the Greater Jakarta metropolitan area is the second largest in the world, totaling a whopping 30.2 million inhabitants). But, against all odds, he’s become very successful with his business, selling deep-fried catfish. His consumers come from every conceivable socio-economic background, from people who rely on old bicycles to make their daily commute to white-collar workers with expensive European sports cars.

The profit he makes with his food stall is partly used to fund a scholarship for children in his native village.

When I asked him why he does it, he replied: “Back in my days, it was very hard to get a proper education if you weren’t from a rich family. The government itself doesn’t help you at all (there are no subsidies for education). But people cannot wait until something as uncertain as the government steps in. Why, then, do I not make the first step myself and try to help others?”

Budi is by no means an exception: in Indonesia, there are many people like him; self-employed businessmen from small villages who came to major cities like Jakarta as street vendors, and who would send profits home to help their relatives and friends.

Targets Of The Government’s Whims

Around 60 percent of Indonesia’s economy relies on this informal sector. The story that locals tell is that “in Indonesia, you can easily start a business by selling fried rice today, and if you go bankrupt, you can start again by selling porridge tomorrow.”

Regulatory excesses have long been a defining feature of Indonesia‘s bureaucracy.

Unfortunately, there are dire threats to fortune seekers in Indonesia. Because of their unclear legal status, they became subject to arbitrary extortion by government officials. Vendors unable to pay on the spot risk the destruction of their stall, disregarding even the most fundamental aspects of property rights.

Budi, too, has been a victim of these heinous attacks: “In my ten years doing business, I was facing eviction during five of them, and once my stall was destroyed by officials even though I am always paying the extortion fee”, he says. As with many other developing countries, the government’s employees rarely abide by the rule of law, and corruption is rampant.

Why don’t Budi and his fellow businessmen just move their businesses out of this gray area by registering them? They no doubt would like to do so, but it isn’t quite so simple.

Regulatory excesses have long been a defining feature of Indonesia‘s bureaucracy, requiring a myriad of special permits before any private business can officially resume its activities. The upshot is that for the average Indonesian businessman, the status quo – with all its obvious drawbacks – is still the cheaper solution. You’ll find this confirmed in the Heritage Foundation’s annual Index of Economic Freedom, where Indonesia ranks a mere 84th, far behind its neighbors Malaysia, Singapore or the Philippines.

Even though property rights are by and large respected, enforcement is inefficient and unreliable, and registering property can be difficult. The judiciary has demonstrated independence in some cases, but the court system remains plagued by corruption and other temptations.

Dead capital cannot create value for the poor.

Entrepreneurial Potential Bound in Artificial Chains

All of this reminds me of the work of the famous Peruvian economist Hernando de Soto and his insights into “dead capital.”

“Dead capital” is de Soto’s term for an asset that cannot easily be bought, sold, valued, or used as collateral to raise investment capital.

Take slums for example: the poverty of its inhabitants is so salient that we massively underestimate how much capital these people might own. These possessions, however, do not constitute fully-exploitable assets. Dead capital cannot, therefore, create value for the poor.

Contrast this with how the OECD countries handle the situation. All of them have devised a formal property system of titles and title registers that include real estate used for homes or businesses. De Soto claims that this is in large part why some nations are rich while others are stuck in poverty. Or, in his own words, “With titles, shares and property laws, people could suddenly go beyond looking at their assets as they are — houses used for shelter—to thinking about what they could be—things like security for credit to start or expand a business.” The people of poor nations hold the key to a more prosperous future in their own hands, but their governments prevent them from using it.

It shouldn’t be surprising to see the ideas of liberty become a hope for Indonesians like Budi.

While the situation in Indonesia isn’t nearly as bleak as in other parts of the world, de Soto’s insights still apply. Many entrepreneurs from the informal sector cannot take their businesses to the next stage because of legal barriers. Banks are usually afraid to lend them money because the informal sector cannot provide them with the collateral they are looking for.

Thus, a vicious cycle is set in motion. Businesses are held back from evolving as a result of excess regulation. Then, because they are prevented from growing, they won’t find any creditors that could help them to overcome legal obstacles.

Some Hope For The Future?

It shouldn’t be surprising to see the ideas of liberty, particularly its economic implications—such as free markets, property rights, and small government—become a hope for Indonesians like Budi.

In fact, we are finally now seeing some overdue bureaucratic reforms being undertaken, spearheaded by small entrepreneurs. Many major cities in Indonesia have already revised laws that allowed the targeting of informal sellers for extortion, and have cut the number of permits businesses need to be legitimized.

There is still a long way to go but the recent liberal turn in economic policy has instilled new hopes in the country’s thrifty sellers.

I am all to legalized such small entrepeneur and provide them with protection uphold by legal means and in turn to take Tax from them instead letting corrupt officers taking extortion security fee from them. Easy to starting of business condition in Indonesia is very lax today, need reform in this sector. Small and medium enterprise is a very lucrative area to be taxed as we are severely lacking proper means to get data of them and failed to provide basic protection and legalized their business

Telkom to invest around Rp 1 trillion in cloud data centers next year
  • News Desk
    The Jakarta Post
Jakarta / Fri, October 4, 2019 / 12:45 pm
2019_10_04_80376_1570152454._large.jpg
Telkomsigma data center. (telkomsigma.co.id/-)
Publicly listed state telecommunication giant PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia (Telkom) plans to invest in additional data centers in the country as a facilitator for clients with big data needs. Construction will only commence next year but Telkom is already acquiring plots of land.

Telkom chief financial officer Harry Mozarta Zen said land purchases were being carried out gradually across Indonesia. According to him, it is still difficult to accurately estimate the investment value of Telkom’s data centers since clients that are interested in becoming one of the data centers’ tenants are still growing.

“A data center will only be constructed if there is enough demand from our clients. If we had planned to construct a specific amount of centers and turns out the demand is higher than expected, it is possible for us to build more centers to accommodate as many clients as possible,” Harry told The Jakarta Post at the State-Owned Enterprises Ministry building in Jakarta on Thursday.

When asked for a rough estimate, Harry claimed that the investment value of the new data centers by the start of construction next year would be approximately Rp 1 trillion (US$ 70.6 million).

Telkom already runs data centers called NeuCentrlX spread across 17 locations. Out of all the branches, 11 are located in Indonesia, three in Singapore and one in Hong Kong.

The existing data centers are operated by Telkom subsidiary PT Sigma Cipta Caraka or Telkomsigma. The company has more than 283 clients, mostly from the banking and financial service sectors. According to Harry, the new data centers will also be operated by Telkomsigma.

“NeuCentralX centers collect, analyzes and simplifies patterns for its users. We also act as a secure network provider for transferring big data online,” said Telkom wholesale and international services director Edwin Aristiawan during the Indonesia Cloud & Data Center Convention in South Jakarta last month.

Telkom’s decision to construct more data centers came not too long after search engine giant Google announced that it was planning to open a Google Cloud Region data center in Indonesia next year. Google’s centers will configure big data using its cloud system and will serve clients throughout Southeast Asia.

Data centers enable its users to read patterns such as consumer preference or habits using big data technology and are increasingly being used by enterprises in Indonesia to optimize operations. (bry)

I am all to legalized such small entrepeneur and provide them with protection uphold by legal means and in turn to take Tax from them instead letting corrupt officers taking extortion security fee from them. Easy to starting of business condition in Indonesia is very lax today, need reform in this sector. Small and medium enterprise is a very lucrative area to be taxed as we are severely lacking proper means to get data of them and failed to provide basic protection and legalized their business
Agree sis, beberapa kasus menarik dengan pengeluaran sertifikat HGU dan berkembangnya bisnis agrowista dan agroindustri juga menarik, negara bermitra dengan masyarakat untuk melakukan social enterprenuership, dengan mendirikan lembaga usaha berupa koprasi, selain cost rendah dan penyertaan modal bisa dibantu, sosial bisnis dengan pemberdayaan lebih sustainable dibandingkan sektor privat lainnya. Pemerintah juga bisa terus memantau perkembangan ekonomi dan bisnis tanpa ribet kucing2an diantara tikus2 kantornya

Some said our No. 13 UUK (labour laws) that aims to protect workers need to be revise immedietly, we have the highest cost of labour payment check when workers is fired or contract terminated. But this is how goverment also protect the workers from being exploited from naughty relocated foreign TNC/MNC

indonesiaeconomicforum,
Source: Kompas, October 7 2019
Writer: Akhdi Martin Pratama, Editor: Bambang Priyo Jatmiko

JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com – Indonesia is said to be the only country in ASEAN to have lost its chance in taking advantage of the trade war’s effects between the United States and China.

Many Chinese companies chose other countries instead of Indonesia in regard to business relocations.

Lee Ju Ye, a Singaporean economist, said that Vietnam emerged as the “biggest beneficiary” with a surge in 73 percent of foreign direct investment inflows from China and Hong Kong last year.

In the first half of 2019, FDI applications in Vietnam jumped 211 percent.

It was not only Vietnam but also Malaysia that also recorded an increase in Chinese FDI earlier this year after a decline in the past two years.

Meanwhile, Singapore has also benefited, because companies moving to Malaysia will likely take loans from the country’s banks.

“Even the Philippines, a country not commonly known for its manufacturing sites, also received an abundance of foreign direct investment,” said Lee, as quoted from South China Morning Post, Sunday (6/10/2019).

“The only loser seems to be Indonesia,” he added.

Even so, said Lee, Indonesian President Joko Widodo has noticed. Jokowi, who was re-elected as president, demanded that his cabinet ministers work harder to take advantage of the conditions of the trade war.

Citing data from the World Bank which said out of 33 Chinese companies that moved operations abroad, 23 chose Vietnam, 10 went to Malaysia, while the rest went to Thailand and Cambodia.

Lee said Pegatron, a Taiwan electronics company, had decided to build a factory in Batam, Indonesia, but other multinational companies were cautious because of several factors, such as labor laws which require employers to pay high severance payments even if staff are fired.

“Indonesia has lost its chance, and I think this is a warning for the government to do more,” he added.

The Indonesian government recently announced plans to reduce corporate taxes by 20 percent from the previous 25 percent tariff.

Other Countries

Not only Indonesia, other Asean governments are actively seeking Chinese companies to move to their territories.

Thailand, for example, launching a relocation packed called Thailand Plus. Some of the incentives offered under the package include five years, a 50 percent reduction in corporate income tax as well as grants to increase labor.

In Malaysia, the government has formed a committee to speed up applications related to investments coming from China.

“Usually it takes three months for applications to be approved. Now, it can be approved in just one week, “said Lee, who spoke at a seminar organized by ISEAS-Yusof Ishak Institute in Singapore.

He and his economist colleague Linda Liu also spoke about the Belt and Road Initiative, China’s ambitious infrastructure plan to increase global trade and connectivity.

They noted that although the China Global Investment Tracker, which monitors China’s global construction and investment activities, recorded a decrease in total investment and construction contracts in 2018, there was a surge earlier this year.

“In 2018, investment and construction contracts have dropped quite strongly from US $ 38 billion to US $ 22 billion … changes in government in Malaysia have led to several government projects being put on hold,” Lee said.

The region received a $USD 11 billion Chinese contract in the first half of 2019, with $USD 3 billion to be sent to Indonesia and $USD 2.5 billion to Cambodia.”The administration (the Indonesian government) is more receptive to Chinese funds, and more open to working with China,” Lee said.

Originally in Indonesian.

KOMPAS, OCTOBER 7 2019

RI, S''pore to follow up cooperation to develop industrial zone
9th Oct 2019 18:28

84601FB7-4D0A-4642-BDC9-914A9034B11C.jpeg

Indonesian and Singaporean ministers posed for a picture during the Indonesia-Singapore Leaders' Retreat in Singapore on Oct 8, 2019. (photo: the Indonesian Industry Ministry/ FA0

Jakarta (ANTARA) - Indonesia and Singapore have agreed to follow up on the cooperation to develop the Nongsa Digital Park and Kendal Industrial Zone that is projected to intensify bilateral cooperation between the neighboring nations.

"Several cooperation agreements inked by the two countries are in the economic sector, such as in investment, trade, digital economic, and vocational education. This is a follow up of an agreement during last year's Leaders Retreat," Industry Minister Airlangga Hartarto noted in a statement here on Wednesday.

At the 2019 Annual Leaders Meeting in Singapore on Tuesday, President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) and Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong discussed the cooperation. Jokowi was accompanied by Hartarto during the meeting.

Hartarto noted that the Indonesian government praised Singapore's investment in the Kendal Industrial Zone (KIK), Central Java’s largest industrial zone and emblematic of the bilateral cooperation between Indonesia and Singapore.

"The integrated zone was inaugurated by Mr President Jokowi and Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Hsien Loon in 2016," Hartarto remarked.

The KIK development is conducted in three stages on a land totaling 2,700 hectares. KIK is an integrated industrial zone supported by seaport, fashion city, and residential areas.

"Several light industries have already been operating. Moreover, we will encourage the development of the components, fashion, footwear, and garment industries," the minister stated.

KIK has been expedited to become a labor-intensive and export-oriented industrial zone.

As of September 2019, investment in KIK was valued at Rp11.4 trillion, with 59 tenants from Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, Taiwan, and Korea, among others.

"Two Chinese industries were also relocated there. This can strengthen the domestic industrial structure. It has created over 6,950 jobs," Hartarto stated.

The government has planned to upgrade the status of KIK into a special economic zone (KEK) to be able to attract investment, reaching Rp70 trillion, within the next five years.

Until 2024, KEK Kendal is expected to exports goods worth US$500 million annually and substitute imports up to $250 million yearly.

Furthermore, Singapore and Indonesia have agreed to the development of Nongsa Digital Park (NDP) in Batam to serve as a base to create industrialists engaged in digital businesses, such as startup, web, application, digital programs, films, and animation.

The project is being coordinated by PT Kinema Systrans Multimedia with cooperation of Infinite Studios.

As of August 2019, the number of tenants and startups in NDP had reached 50 companies, including startups from Singapore, specifically Glints, a talent recruitment start-up, and Fintech firm LiquidPay. Related news: Indonesia, Singapore launch Kendal Industrial Park
Related news: Indonesia to build Batam as a digital industrial park

EDITED BY INE

Editor: Suharto

COPYRIGHT © ANTARA 2019

https://m.antaranews.com/en/news/134384/ri-spore-to-follow-up-cooperation-to-develop-industrial-zone

INDONESIA
BALON INTERNET GOOGLE DAN STARLINK AKAN BANTU AKSES INTERNET INDONESIA
9 OKTOBER 2019 DIANEKO_LC TINGGALKAN KOMENTAR
loon-takes-off-from-autolauncher-istimewa.jpg

Loon takes off from autolauncher (Istimewa)

Dalam membantu memeratakan akses internet di berbagai daerah, Indonesia bisa memanfaatkan teknologi para penyedia internet global, seperti OneWeb, Starlink milik SpaceX, hingga balon internet milik Google.

Kondisi ketersediaan layanan menuju dunia maya di Indonesia sendiri belum merata, bila membandingkan keberadaan infrastruktur jaringan yang ada di Pulau Jawa dengan yang di luar Pulau Jawa. Persoalan tersebut yang terus ditambal oleh pemerintah belakangan ini, sebagaimana dilansir dari laman Detik (09/ 10/ 2019).

“Indonesia ini tantangannya adalah (banyak) daerah. Ada dua istilah, underserved dan unserved. Ke depan ada teknologi-teknologi yang Insya Allah akan melayani mereka, di antaranya pakai HAPS (High Altituted Platform Station) dan bekerjasama dengan penyedia LEO (Low Earth Orbit),” kata Komisioner Badan Regulasi Telekomunikasi Indonesia (BRTI) Agung Harsoyo ditemui di Jakarta, Selasa (9/10/2019).

Agung memaparkan ada dua pemain terkenal di HAPS, yaitu Softbank dan Google dengan Loon-nya. Dikatakan Agung, itu akan membantu mempercepat ketersediaan akses di berbagai daerah RI.

Balon internet Google sendiri sebelumnya pada 2015 silam pernah bekerjasama dengan tiga operator seluler terbesar di Tanah Air. Namun implementasinya mandek. Terkait hal tersebut, Agung mengatakan bahwa pada saat itu teknologinya dianggap belum matang.

“Yang jelas itu (sekarang) teknologinya sudah matang,” ucapnya.

Kemudian untuk pemain LEO yang bisa dimanfaatkan oleh Indonesia adalah OneWeb, perusahaan komunikasi yang berperan sebagai penyedia satelit. OneWeb juga sudah diberi lampu hijau oleh FCC agar satelit mereka bisa dikirim ke orbit. Selain itu, ada Starlink yang tak lain satelit pemancar internet kepunyaannya SpaceX.

“Dan itu akan segera, tapi tidak tahun ini, paling cepat tahun 2020. Itu akan ada operator yang bisa membantu mempercepat penggelaran infrastruktur telekomunikasi,” kata Agung.

Dari sisi regulasi, pemerintah bakal menyiapkan regulasi untuk terjadinya sinergi. Pelakunya penyelenggara jaringan/jasa. Sifatnya B2B yang saling menguntungkan. BRTI dalam hal ini berperan menyeimbangkan kepentingan industri, masyarakat pengguna, dan pemerintah.

Editor: (D.E.S)

Indonesia - PDB

historical.png

Indonesia PDB Terakhir Sebelum Ini Tertinggi Paling Rendah Satuan
Pertumbuhan PDB (q-to-q) 4.20 -0.52 4.21 -3.57 Persen [+]
Pertumbuhan PDB (y-on-y) 5.05 5.07 7.16 1.56 Persen [+]
PDB 1042.17 1015.42 1042.17 5.67 Usd - Miliar [+]
PDB Atas Dasar Harga Konstan 2735191.60 2625053.00 2735191.60 340865.20 Idr - Miliar [+]
Pembentukan Modal Tetap Bruto 869895.72 861834.53 914309.16 63970.10 Idr - Miliar [+]
Pdb Per Kapita 4284.70 4120.40 4284.70 657.00 USD [+]
PDB per kapita KKB 11605.90 11161.00 11605.90 4626.00 USD [+]
PDB Sektor Pertanian 88693.90 80057.90 88693.90 37282.50 Idr - Miliar [+]
PDB dari Konstruksi 267906.20 265916.20 277871.90 149919.00 Idr - Miliar [+]
PDB dari Manufaktur 564982.40 555288.00 564982.40 371813.30 Idr - Miliar [+]
PDB dari Pertambangan 198663.50 199888.90 205685.00 171254.70 Idr - Miliar [+]
PDB dari Jasa 51156.00 49676.80 51156.00 23736.80 Idr - Miliar [+]
PDB dari Utilitas 36954.00 36514.80 37882.20 14032.20 Idr - Miliar [+]
[+]

Nilai saat ini, data historis, perkiraan, statistik, grafik dan kalender ekonomi - Indonesia - PDB.

Beroperasi 24 Jam, Pabrik Ini Bisa Produksi 33 Ribu Ban Setiap Harinya
Luthfi Anshori - detikOto

4dcf1f3f-94e8-4244-9fbe-b3858579a4e9_169.jpeg
Pabrik Hankook di Cikarang Foto: Luthfi Anshori
lg.php

Bekasi - PT Hankook Tire Indonesia jadi salah satu pemain di industri komponen kendaraan bermotor di Indonesia. Perusahaan yang punya fasilitas produksi di Cikarang ini sanggup memproduksi puluhan ribu ban setiap harinya.

"Setiap harinya (24 jam-Red) pabrik kami bisa membuat 32 ribu sampai 33 ribu buah ban," terang Senior Manager Hankook Tire Indonesia, Diding Suhendri, di Cikarang, Bekasi, Selasa (17/9/2019).

lg.php

Baca juga: Melihat Proses Pembuatan Ban Asal Korea Selatan

Apa yang menjadi rahasia pabrik seluas 600 ribu meter persegi itu bisa membuat ban sebanyak itu? Teknologi adalah kuncinya.

Dalam pengamatan detikcom, pabrik Hankook Indonesia yang beroperasi sejak 2012 itu sangat mengandalkan sistem otomatisasi. Pabrik ini mengandalkan kerja robot yang diseting menggunakan komputer, sehingga presisi dan bisa memproduksi barang dalam skala masif.

4e76dcba-c9d2-4a1a-a2cb-e41d55735f52_169.jpeg
Foto: Luthfi Anshori

"Dari segi produksi, sekarang kami ditunjang oleh teknologi full auto, hampir tidak tersentuh tangan manusia. Sehingga potensi reject kecil sekali. Kalau dulu potensi reject, sampai 40-50 ban per hari. Sekarang zero, paling hanya ditemukan 5-10 ban reject, itu pun dalam jangka 3 bulan," terang Diding.

Meski demikian, ada beberapa proses yang tetap mengandalkan tenaga manusia. Contohnya saat menaruh gulungan kawat untuk membuat bead, menyusun bagian anyaman kawat, karet tapak ban dalam, karet tapak ban luar, dan material tekstil, termasuk saat proses quality control.

https://m.detik.com/oto/mobil/d-471...84.1743160475.1570400977-898943160.1569942884

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom