What's new

Indonesia Economy Forum

Narrow gauge again... Why not standard gauge like in Bandung to Jakarta high speed train. I guess they want to save money with using existing railways

Re gauging means the entire network in Java will also need to be re gauge not just any particular route. Even IF we have the money (of which we don't), doing so will severely disturb all operational timetable which also include freight train.
Beside as long there isn't any need for full fledged sleeper train (of which there isn't any in operation) or long distance high speed train, 1067mm gauge is pretty decent.

FYI some historical fact, it was the Japanese who re gauge the railroad into 1067mm from originally 1435mm back during the Japanese occupation

Home News Berita

Duh! Giliran Sepeda Nasional Kena Hantaman Produk China
Efrem Limsan Siregar , CNBC Indonesia
NEWS

28 September 2019 14:29

97ac8af7-7a94-454b-b2aa-4a5c2d038d38_169.jpeg

Foto: Ilustrasi/ (Ist PGN)
Jakarta, CNBC Indonesia - Industri nasional kembali mendapat tekanan akibat serbuan barang impor dari China. Kali ini dihadapi oleh industri sepeda dalam negeri.

Ketua Asosiasi Industri Persepedaan Indonesia (AIPI), Rudiyono, mengatakan derasnya impor produk China tersebut tidak terlepas dari perjanjian ASEAN-China Free Trade (ACFTA).

"Memang Taiwan ada juga di sini, tapi porsinya tidak signifikan, 90% lebih [impor] berasal dari China. Kita terkena dampak oleh produk China disebabkan banyak hal, yang kami rasakan karena ACFTA, ini membuat kami terpukul," kata Rudiyono dalam talkshow program Profit, CNBC Indonesia, Jumat (27/9/2019).

Baca:
Tak Hanya di Ojol, Anterin Saingi Gojek & Grab di Makanan
Ia sepakat bahwa perjanjian kawasan perdagangan bebas ASEAN-China tersebut memang harus dijalankan. Namun demikian, ia mengharap ada kebijakan agar pelaku usaha sepeda nasional tidak menjadi korban akibat impor tersebut.

"Sekarang industri bea masuk unit jadi dan komponen kan sama. Ini konyol, jadi kita tidak dapat insentif, untuk melakukan kegiatan nilai tambah. Hampir di atas 90% sumber unit lengkap atau bahan baku berasal dari China," ucapnya.

Dalam kondisi tersebut, pedagang akan lebih banyak memilih impor tersebut ketimbang memanfaatkan industri dalam negeri.

Baca:
Duh, Gimana Nih Kok Emas Antam Harganya Nggak Naik-Naik?
"Kita kan sudah investasi besar, pedagang pasti daripada memikirkan industri, investasi besar, mending dagang, bea masuk sama," tambahnya.

Ketika ditanya soal besaran bea masuk, dia mengatakan belum ideal. "Bukan kecilnya, tetapi idealnya harga BM komponen lebih redah dari barang jadinya. Ini supaya bisa masuk ke pasar, kita membuat impor lebih menguntungkan. Minimal harusnya sama. Kita membuat dengan bahan baku dari luar, menjadi produk jadi, minimal sama supaya kompetitif."

Duh! Giliran Sepeda Nasional Kena Hantaman Produk China
Efrem Limsan Siregar , CNBC Indonesia

It is very obvious to me that the reporter / journalist who wrote the article doesn't have the slightest clue of bicycle.

Polygon bicycle are far more expensive because they need to import most of the components (including the frame), and all those components are on the premium side. And I've got to admit their bicycle are top notch quality.

Eventually customer will have more option whether to buy premium bicycle such as those from Polygon or cheaper but sub-par component & quality.

About a year ago I began to consider buying a bicycle to fulfill my specific requirement (hard-tail cross country type), after looking at Polygon bikes I can't find any that fit my requirement (frame geometry doesn't fit) and even if there is any the price tag will be above my budget. Eventually I forgo my plan to buy any bicycle entirely.

It is very obvious to me that the reporter / journalist who wrote the article doesn't have the slightest clue of bicycle.

Polygon bicycle are far more expensive because they need to import most of the components (including the frame), and all those components are on the premium side. And I've got to admit their bicycle are top notch quality.

Eventually customer will have more option whether to buy premium bicycle such as those from Polygon or cheaper but sub-par component & quality.

About a year ago I began to consider buying a bicycle to fulfill my specific requirement (hard-tail cross country type), after looking at Polygon bikes I can't find any that fit my requirement (frame geometry doesn't fit) and even if there is any the price tag will be above my budget. Eventually I forgo my plan to buy any bicycle entirely.

The big three local bikes is Polygon, United bikes and Wimcycle. All of them offered kinda upper range bikes and premium with Japanese or German made spares parts or alloy, the rest is not so well known bikes brand with mostly Chinese spares.

The big three local bikes is Polygon, United bikes and Wimcycle. All of them offered kinda upper range bikes and premium with Japanese or German made spares parts or alloy, the rest is not so well known bikes brand with mostly Chinese spares.

Exactly my point. All those parts need to be imported and expensive. For example those aluminium frame tube they were using were imported from Taiwan, all from the same company (forgot the company name). Shinano used to have a factory at Batam, but they close down around 2008 if I'm not mistaken.

Indonesia among countries welcome to visit Russia’s St. Petersburg using free e-visas

News Desk
The Jakarta Post

Jakarta

Jakarta / Sat, September 28, 2019 / 11:49 am

2019_08_24_78547_1566655513._medium.jpg

St. Petersburg is the country’s second-largest city and boasts many cultural attractions, such as the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, State Hermitage Museum, Peterhof Palace, Winter Palace and Peter and Paul Fortress.(Shutterstock/FOTOGRIN)

Indonesians will be among the citizens of 53 countries permitted to enter Russia via St. Petersburg and nearby Leningrad using free electronic visas, according to a statement received by The Jakarta Post on Friday.

“Starting Oct. 1, Pulkovo St. Petersburg Airport will serve tourists from 53 countries entering the Russian Federation with free electronic visas,” read the statement, adding that all the necessary technical and organizational measures, as well as border control facilities, had been prepared by the airport.

In addition to Indonesia, other countries mentioned in the list are Austria, Andorra, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, China and Taiwan, Czech Republic, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Hungary, Germany, Greece, India, Iran, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Kuwait, Finland, France, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, North Korea, North Macedonia, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the Vatican.

Read also: Russia hatches plan to become top tourist draw

Aside from tourists, travelers with business and humanitarian purposes at the Russian cultural capital can also apply online for a free visa.

“The application can be made no later than four and no earlier than 20 days before the expected date of entry. Visitors will be able to stay in Russia for eight days out of the 30-day validity period.”

Application for the e-visas will be available starting on Tuesday on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation’s information portal.

The fourth-busiest airport in Russia, Pulkovo St. Petersburg Airport welcomed up to 13.2 million passengers between January and August.

St. Petersburg itself is the country’s second-largest city and boasts many cultural attractions, such as the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, State Hermitage Museum, Peterhof Palace, Winter Palace and Peter and Paul Fortress. (kes)

^^ Yes, some of Jakarta busway line will converted to trem line in the future. BPTJ already make a roadmap for it. just wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom