What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Depends on the model in question.

They are broadly equivalent (both turbines).

The gear reducer in turboprop is one extra finicky thing that adds to maintenance and overhaul however....compared to "cleaner" configuration of turbofan.

Smaller size of turboprop also makes it more somewhat more difficult in some procedures as well.

So maybe overall I will give turbofan slight edge especially when taking into account its thrust/size, thrust/weight and thrust/moving part :)

When its a non-western (i.e Russian) engine, you can throw all of what I said out the window and it becomes very random :P

@PARIKRAMA

Thanks for the info dude!

It will be a new technology for TNI-AU if they will decide to acquire turbofan cargo planes.

Thanks for the info dude!

It will be a new technology for TNI-AU if they will decide to acquire turbofan cargo planes.

I talked purely from the maintenance point though.

Turboprop has a big advantage over Turbofan in overall fuel efficiency (if you do not care about top speed that much). Thats why its still very favourite method for many transports.

But turbofans are getting so good these days too, that the difference is becoming less now in this regard, making it quite attractive in traditional turboprop roles like cargo aircraft.....especially when you consider a turbofan can go much faster if you need it to go that fast sometimes.

Ranges should not be too different these days.....again turboprop will have an advantage since it will always be more efficient in its fuel use.

I vote il76
Its turbofan and have best capacity to cost ratio.
That big cargo capacity mean it can carry big vehicle, such as light and medium tank,panzer or militaryy truck.
Beside we already have turboprop plane airlifter like Herky and CN class.
We need the faster one since indonesia is very large country and one hotspot was very far from headquarter.
For the engine short lifespan matter, we can shift the ownership cost to buy backup engines.
So its no big problem when it need a maintenance, just send the old engine and install the backup engine...for this we can ask help to garuda facility.

I vote il76
Its turbofan and have best capacity to cost ratio.
That big cargo capacity mean it can carry big vehicle, such as light and medium tank,panzer or militaryy truck.
Beside we already have turboprop plane airlifter like Herky and CN class.
We need the faster one since indonesia is very large country and one hotspot was very far from headquarter.
For the engine short lifespan matter, we can shift the ownership cost to buy backup engines.
So its no big problem when it need a maintenance, just send the old engine and install the backup engine...for this we can ask help to garuda facility.
Now THAT is what I'm talking about, amigo..

Indonesia Tertarik Beli Pesawat Angkut Militer Terbaru Buatan Rusia
28 September 2016 TASS

MILITER, PESAWAT,RUSIA-INDONESIA,INDONESIA, AVIASI,BISNIS
il-76-dsc16204.jpg

Pesawat angkut militer Rusia Il-76. Sumber: Mil.ru

Indonesia tertarik membeli pesawat angkut militer Il-76MD-90A buatan Rusia. Demikian hal ini diutarakan Wakil Direktur Umum Rosoboroneksport Sergey Goreslavskii, Selasa (27/9).

"Indonesia tertarik untuk memperbarui armadanya dengan pesawat angkut militer," kata Goreslavskii pada kesempatan presentasi buku "Rusia-Indonesia: Tonggak Kerja Sama" di Kementerian Luar Negeri Rusia.

Goreslavskii menjelaskan mengenai ketertarikan Indonesia pada pesawat Il-76MD-90A terbaru dan pesawat amfibi Be-200 Rusia.

Menurut wakil kepala Rosoboroneksport, diskusi terkait pesawat tersebut pertama kali berlangsung dengan delegasi dari Kementerian Pertahanan Indonesia pada acara "Gidroaviasalon" yang sebelumnya diadakan di Gelendzhik, Rusia. Diharapkan di masa depan konsultasi dengan para ahli Rusia akan terus berlanjut dan perwakilan dari pihak Indonesia dapat mengunjungi pabrik pembuatan pesawat.

"Kami berharap agar ketertarikan pihak Indonesia terhadap pesawat Rusia tetap terjaga," kata Goreslavskii menambahkan.

Pertama kali dipublikasikan oleh TASS.

Rosoboron representatives always say 'Indonesia is interested in...' while there's no further confirmation from the user. I take the bait no more from rbth (well at least until any response is given by MinDef or AU)

I'm already "tired of my own tiredness" in waiting for the finalization of Su-35, US-2, Be-200, etc. To the extent that I no longer feel any excitement and disappointment each time I hear such news. Even if the contract of Su-35 is concluded tomorrow...I'll say, so what? I don't care. #hayatilelahbang

Last edited:
I'm already "tired of my own tiredness" in waiting for the finalization of Su-35, US-2, Be-200, etc. To the extent that I no longer feel any excitement and disappointment each time I hear such news. Even if the contract of Su-35 is concluded tomorrow...I'll say, so what? I don't care. #hayatilelahbang

LoL..

Exactly what I feel.

But dude, you don't seem tired or bored to wear the name 'SU-35SM3':D.
Guess deep inside, you still hoped but maybe we should left Hayati drown with the ship instead wkwk..

These days, I'm happier to hear the locally produce alutsista news than the imported one. Lebih nendang

Don't lose your faith mate, soon or later it will happened. Mr President doing his best for this deal.

But dude, you don't seem tired or bored to wear the name 'SU-35SM3':D.
Guess deep inside, you still hoped but maybe we should left Hayati drown with the ship instead wkwk..

These days, I'm happier to hear the locally produce alutsista news than the imported one. Lebih nendang

:D

My account name is an indication that the original Su-35 is no longer cool for me....

It's a "fictional" third modernized iteration of Su-35S.

Move to Natuna, the Air Force Exercise Will Be Witnessed by Mr. President

DSC_0506_resize-696x463.jpg

Peak Exercise Air Force "Space Yudha" 2016 will be held in Natuna, Riau Islands in early October 2016. Originally, the annual exercise involving almost the entire unit of the Air Force will be held on September 29 at Tanjung Pandan, Bangka Belitung province.

Air Vice Marshal TNI Pangkoopsau I Yuyu Sutisna as Director of Training Angkasa Yudha 2016 when confirmed justify matter to move the location of this peak exercise. "Yes, it is moved to Natuna appropriate command leadership," he said in Jakarta a few days ago.

DSC_0497_resize.jpg

Pangkoopsau I accompanied Wadankodiklatau Marsma TNI Trisno Hendradi has conducted field surveys to the airfield and airport Ranai who will be one of the training locations, Saturday (24/09/2016). Arrival Pangkoopsau I and the group was received by Danlanud Ranai Kolonel Pnb Nurtantio Affan bersama Bupati Natuna, Danlanal Ranai, Dandim 0318, and other Muspida.

DSC_0517_resize.jpg

Told reporters in Natuna, Pangkoopsau I said the Air Force will carry peak exercise involving 2,200 personnel and dozens of aircraft that spread across multiple bases aju, namely in Natuna, Batam, Pontianak and Jakarta. According to the plan, Yudha Space 2016 will be witnessed by the President Joko Widodo as Peak Practice Navy, Armada Jaya in 2016, some time ago in East Java.

DSC_0560_resize.jpg

The elements of the unit will be involved in Space Yudha 2016, had previously conducted a stabilization exercises in some places. Using warplanes bombing exercises have been carried out in Pandanwangi, Lumajang, East Java. The entire Air Force fighter planes deployed in the exercise, which was centered on two bases, namely Iswahjudi Air Force Base and airfield Abdul Rachman Saleh.

During a visit to Iswahjudi Air Force Base, Magetan, Sept. 21, Yuyu Sutisna said Yudha Space 2016 will be packaged in the form of "Fire Power Demo", involving 80 aircraft, 48 of them are combat aircraft.

actually it was normal if defense system procurement..esspecially aircraft fighter..will take a long time & make the military enthuasiast so boring. it is mostly happend to thin pocket or thight budget country.. :-)
many factor to realize the program, money, internal and external politic, procurement law, technology..etc etc..
look at india case, over 10 years to plan their fighter, argentine, philipine :-)...the latest czech and his neigbour need to join for lease gripen.
24 F16 is not small in count...SU35?...hmm, but who know that government want to change with pakfa? :cheesy:
Be patient...at least we still a lucky country...:victory:

a clue about what happened with PAF NC212i

IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
ADAS 2016: PTDI provides details behind delays of Philippine Air Force's NC212i deliveries

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom