What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

@baukiki88

1. no hawk is going to be replaced in near future, simply we will adding more squadron of fighter
2. From where your confident is came from regarding the Falcon?
3. IFX, will be failed? everything can be failed from the starts of projects, even we can reach a failed result when trying to bought Su-35, just giving a little optimism and plan b or plan c will bring no harm

Yup thats AK102, our Police Department bought a lot of them

View attachment 206081

About 20 thousands of it.

Marines BMP 3f - active 54, order 50, total 104
bmp1.jpg

bmp2.jpg

KCR60 - active 3 | Van Speijk frigate - active 6 | Apache attack copter - order 8 | Fennec light attack copter - order 12
kcr1.jpg

Komodo ATLAS (Advance Twin Launcher Anti Air Strike) - order more than 100
komodo.jpg

Last edited:
so it may be a consideration for the military and government for an alternative to the F 5 E Tiger Air Force.

Raffys to replace F-5s???
OMG! Your pilots must have been extra nice this year, that's one heck of a step up?!?

As an aside, about the Women empowerment series :
That's is, I'm moving to Indonesia !!! Darn, those grrrrls are beautiful! :smitten:

Tay.

The guys are not too shabby either BTW but that's not my thing. 8-)

@Taygibay F-5 will most likely be replaced by Su-35. TNI and MOD have decided this. Only waiting for contract.
Then we will form 3 new fighter squadrons. 1 sqn F16 viper | 2 sqn will be open tender (rafale/typhoon/gripen)

This will ramp up Indonesian air power to a total number of 11 squadrons/176 units in the near future

Su-27/30 = 1 squadron/16 units
Su35 = 1 squadron/16 units - F5 replacement
F16 = 2 squadrons (24 units block 52ID + 10 units F16 Block 15 waiting upgrade)
F16 Viper = 1 squadron/16 units
Hawk-109/209 = 2 squadrons/32 units
EMB-314 Super Tucano = 1 squadron/16 units
T-50i Golden eagle = 1 squadron/16 units
(Rafale/Typhoon/Gripen) = 2 squadrons/32 units

Anyone please correct me if i'm wrong here..

Last edited:
Three more countries plan to buy warships from Indonesia
Senin, 23 Maret 2015 18:26 WIB | 402 Views
20110208124818tnial070211-2.jpg

Documentation of Indonesian Navy LPD class KRI Banjarmasin-592 in amphibious role to let Indonesian Marine tanks land in Mapalus Beach, North Sulawesi, last year. This Indonesian Navy LPD class may easily convert into a kind of helicopter carrier platform. (FOTO ANTARA/Basrul Haq)

Surabaya (ANTARA News) - Three more countries plan to buy warships from Indonesia after earlier the Philippines ordered two units the type of Strategic Sealift Vessel-1 (SSV).

M Firmansyah Arifin, the president director of the state owned shipbuilding company, PT PAL Indonesia (Persero) with its headquarter in Surabaya, East Java, said the orders from foreign countries constitutes a challenge and a reflection of confidence in the reputation of the company.

"Many countries have indicated interest in our products. Currently three countries agreed to cooperate with us in building warships," he said .

He refused to give name of the countries beyond saying most of them are Southeast Asian countries. He said the warships wanted by the three countries are the type of Landing Platform Dock (LPD).

Indonesian Navy has six warships in this class that could easily convert into helicopter platform warship, namely KRI Banjarmasin-590.

Earlier, PT PAL Indonesia delivered two units of warship the type of Strategic Sealift Vessel-1 (SSV) for its defense ministry.

Firmansyah, the warships measured 123 meter long and 21.8 meter wide at a price of US$90 million with a deal signed after a tight and long international tender.

The warhips could carry four tanks, four trucks, a mobile hospital and two jeeps and two helicopters with a maximum speed of 16 knots and machine capacity of 2 x 2,920 kW.
My guess for the three country would be malaysia, thailand and vietnam.

@Taygibay F-5 will most likely be replaced by Su-35. TNI and MOD have decided this. Only waiting for contract.
Then we will form 3 new fighter squadrons. 1 sqn F16 viper | 2 sqn will be open tender (rafale/typhoon/gripen)

This will ramp up Indonesian air power to a total number of 11 squadrons/176 units in the near future

Su-27/30 = 1 squadron/16 units
Su35 = 1 squadron/16 units - F5 replacement
F16 = 2 squadrons (24 units block 52ID + 10 units F16 Block 15 waiting upgrade)
F16 Viper = 1 squadron/16 units
Hawk-109/209 = 2 squadrons/32 units
EMB-314 Super Tucano = 1 squadron/16 units
T-50i Golden eagle = 1 squadron/16 units
(Rafale/Typhoon/Gripen) = 2 squadrons/32 units

Anyone please correct me if i'm wrong here..
Exclude f-16 viper and replaced it with rafale and then we have a deal ;)

Some said US offering us some good package included with F16 viper's deal. We try to balance things out and score win-win to keep everybody happy.

My guess for the three country would be malaysia, thailand and vietnam.

How about repalce viper with Typhoon captor E?? I think we should eliminate Gripen because thay cannot provide us with their latest Gripen NG.

Last edited:
OPM General Goliath Tabuni and followers has finally surrendered and return to Indonesia's fold

161194_opm-siap-kibarkan-bendera-pada-1-juli_663_382.jpg

OPM soldiers

Goliath Tabuni is a high commander of OPM (Free Papua Movement) with rank of a general within the organization. Tabuni fought TNI and Polri in Papua for years and is known for his ruthlessness.

TNI Army Chief of Staff, Gen. Gatot Nurmantyo said on Tuesday, 24/3/2015 that Tabuni and his 23 followers along with their families has surrendered to TNI and return to Indonesia's fold as Indonesian citizen.

Source in Bahasa Indonesia :
Goliat Tabuni, Jenderal OPM Menyerahkan Diri ke TNI

++++

PT PAL looks to complete facility upgrade by 2016
Jon Grevatt, Bangkok - IHS Jane's Defence Industry

Naval shipbuilder PT PAL Indonesia is aiming to conclude by 2016 an upgrade to its facilities at Surabaya, East Java, to enable the localised production of submarines, according to comments from a company executive.

Firmansyah Arifin, president director of PT PAL, was quoted by state-run news agency Antara on 21 March as saying that the modernised facilities will support the construction of one on-order submarine from South Korea and potentially a further nine platforms.

Speaking to Antara, Arifin said: "First we will build infrastructure [to support the construction of the South Korea submarine]. With this infrastructure we could build more submarines in the future.

PT PAL looks to complete facility upgrade by 2016 - IHS Jane's 360

Is there any chance that we co develop a new type of sub with dcns (smx ocean type) rather than build another cbg class? For my ideal indonesian fighter will be, 1 ska of su-27/30, 2 ska su-35, 2 ska f-16 (34 unit, 24 bloc 52 and 10 block 15), 2 ska of rafale, no viper please, just to make the US happy, we just have to buy poseidon instead....its a win-win solution, indonesia happy and so the US also. :)

Is there any chance that we co develop a new type of sub with dcns (smx ocean type) rather than build another cbg class? For my ideal indonesian fighter will be, 1 ska of su-27/30, 2 ska su-35, 2 ska f-16 (34 unit, 24 bloc 52 and 10 block 15), 2 ska of rafale, no viper please, just to make the US happy, we just have to buy poseidon instead....its a win-win solution, indonesia happy and so the US also. :)

I guess... we need more workhorse (1 engine fighter) in the team to keep the operating cost down. Since 2sqn Hawk + 10 units F16 block15 plotted to be replaced with IFX (2 engine fighter) later, we will be left with only 24 F16 for the workhorse. Now that's the role for Viper.

How about this formation in the future?
3 sqn F16 (24 Block 52ID + 16 Block 60)
3 sqn IFX (48 units) - (32 units hawk + 10 units f16 A/B replacement)
2 sqn Su27/30/35 (32 units)
2 sqn Rafale/Typhoon (32 units)
1 sqn Tucano (16 units)
1 sqn T50i (16 units)

Last edited:
I thought we are adding 3 squads of fighter for 2014-2019? 1 sk for SU 35 (f-5 replacement) 2 sk for ( hawk replacement) ?

I dont think we should worry about the maintenance. This F 16 will be retired in 10 yrs anyway.
I would rather have the RAFALE instead of F 16 because it can carry meteor missiles. We are only allowed to buy amraam c5 the most which is below singapore and australia c7 and of course way below the meteor.

For military satellite, yes we should have 1-2 at least. I believe the budget should be there.

For f 16 replacement, I doubt the IFX will be ready by 2024. I even doubt it can be a successful project because its all depends on korean govt. If korean say stop then its stop. Nothing we can do.

Yup bro, meteor missile point is a good suggestion from you. Good point. But this one is to compare with F-16 block 60 (new one), if we can get another cheap refurbished F-16 block 52, so the number speak more......And this will be just a stop gap to replace them with IFX in the future. Despite that, TOT should still be kept in our mind. TOT in Avionics is the good target for refurbished F-16 since we will buy new avionics from that deal.

Talking about adding 3 squadron more, well I dont mind for us to have 3 more squadron if we can get substantial TOT from that ( lagi lagi TOT :lol:), but I would rather see us to wait until Su 35 arrival. Checking the performance of that plane. So, for the mean time, I think it is still a good think to try to find other planes capability (Rafale/F-16 block 60/ etc) by welcoming their sales team. No harm doing just that.

Dont forget, we must consider that substantial TOT can only be taken if we choose just one type and add it with big number of acquisition. Air Force acquisition team should be like a strategist than just a fan boy, buy this and buy that and be happy :partay:, without thinking what will be happening in the head. Logistic issues that Djakartan has raise is other point. ;)

This new squadron should be a complementary of IFX fighter. The task and the performance should not be in the same league. By these, we can have a deathly Air Force.

Lastly, about the chance of South Korea will stop the KFX/IFX program, it is not likely to happen. Why...?

1. South Korean people are ambitious and has some beef with China and Japan too, if China and Japan build one, they must build the same too.

2. KFX is likely there to counter China, not North Korea. It is to get substantive number of 5 generation fighter while in the same time not hurt their economy.

3. It is South Korea who offers us to join the program, so ethically it is really really bad gesture to just do that without considering the trust that other party has given to them. They do understand our weight, and as a big nation, we should understand our own weight too. :azn:

Last edited:
Yup bro, meteor missile point is a good suggestion from you. Good point. But this one is to compare with F-16 block 60 (new one), if we can get another cheap refurbished F-16 block 52, so the number speak more......And this will be just a stop gap to replace them with IFX in the future. Despite that, TOT should still be kept in our mind. TOT in Avionics is the good target for refurbished F-16 since we will buy new avionics from that deal.

Talking about adding 3 squadron more, well I dont mind for us to have 3 more squadron if we can get substantial TOT from that ( lagi lagi TOT :lol:), but I would rather see us to wait until Su 35 arrival. Checking the performance of that plane. So, for the mean time, I think it is still a good think to try to find other planes capability (Rafale/F-16 block 60/ etc) by welcoming their sales team. No harm doing just that.

Dont forget, we must consider that substantial TOT can only be taken if we choose just one type and add it with big number of acquisition. Air Force acquisition team should be like a strategist than just a fan boy, buy this and buy that and be happy :partay:, without thinking what will be happening in the head. Logistic issues that Djakartan has raise is other point. ;)

This new squadron should be a complementary of IFX fighter. The task and the performance should not be in the same league. By these, we can have a deathly Air Force.

Lastly, about the chance of South Korea will stop the KFX/IFX program, it is not likely to happen. Why...?

1. South Korean people are ambitious and has some beef with China and Japan too, if China and Japan build one, they must build the same too.

2. KFX is likely there to counter China, not North Korea. It is to get substantive number of 5 generation fighter while in the same time not hurt their economy.

3. It is South Korea who offers us to join the program, so ethically it is really really bad gesture to just do that without considering the trust that other party has given to them. They do understand our weight, and as a big nation, we should understand our own weight too. :azn:

We cannot wait. The Rp is weakening. If buy 3 yrs later Im afraid it can be Rp20000 a dollar. Better Sign the MOU now. After This for MEF 3, We just focus on S400, Pak FA, Submarine preferably u214 ( maybe we can make it by that time), Destroyer.

@pr1v4t33r
I was going by what @baukiki88 said, mate! Of the list you gave, FA-50 would be closest to F-5s,
which it was designed to replace. Of course, the F-50I is different, more of a trainer type AC, so
not quite the right version. In any case, MiG-35 would still be a huge step up from F-5s.
In any case, quite a battle order for Indonesia although too many types spoil the broth, IMHoO.
At some point, apart from political pleasing, modern Air Forces look to reduce inventory to limit
spending on maintenance.

BTW, in French, Beaukiki ( pronounces the same without the e ) would be pretty p3nis!!! :o:
So I guess congrats to our fellow forumer are in order? :cheesy: :p:

Good day all, Tay.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom