What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

I thought only kopassus that uses lapua magnum cartridges here in indo, wow police gear are impressive

Do the french have the habbit selling their fighter abroad with full spec or do they down graded it tomonkey type?

According to your own requirement, money is talking surely

after chosing Su-35, Indonesia is looking for another fighter as her part to build up a credible Air Defense System

One of the most anticipated contender is Rafale, credit to tigaway, Irwin Day and ARC.co.id, picture taken at Halim Perdana Kusuma Air Force Base

View attachment 206021

Rafale is a very good choice, better than Typhoon, Rafale is a true multi role fighter, something that Typhoon is not, Typhoon at this point is an air superiority fighter and trench 3 upgrades will give it more of a multi role capability, but trench 3 is proceeding very slowly.

Rafale has the best sensor fusion of all the European fighters and there are rumors of classified features that I would not know if they would be available for export models such as active stealth (where the plane detects the incoming radar signal and emits an equal signal of opposite phase to counteract and nullify those incoming signals).

According to your own requirement, money is talking surely

Do you know how much is Indonesia paying for Caesar systems? How many did Indonesia order?

Rafale is a very good choice, better than Typhoon, Rafale is a true multi role fighter, something that Typhoon is not, Typhoon at this point is an air superiority fighter and trench 3 upgrades will give it more of a multi role capability, but trench 3 is proceeding very slowly.

Rafale has the best sensor fusion of all the European fighters and there are rumors of classified features that I would not know if they would be available for export models such as active stealth (where the plane detects the incoming radar signal and emits an equal signal of opposite phase to counteract and nullify those incoming signals).

It still for near term programme, the budget yet to be given because the programme is much expensive we want to build another three squadron of fighter. The other one is will go for F-16 block 52++ and the other two will goes for open tender.

But at least Air Force has getting the acc from Government to goes through Su-35 decision and the paper works yet to be done first.

Do you know how much is Indonesia paying for Caesar systems? How many did Indonesia order?

CAESAR, we getting atleast 37 example, the prices for the system alone is atleast 140 million US dollar, but the total prices for the whole deal i don't know, because Indonesia paid more for technologycal transfer to be used for building National radar artillery system and propellant factory. And according to several sources, etc ARC.co.id we will getting more SPH artillery from France, we had requirement for two wheeled mobile artillery brigades.

1st photo ... AK-102 ???
11017587_565448043598141_82025824_n-jpg.206035

2010083021563118.jpg

Hope we buy both SU35 and RAFALE f-3
Enough with f-16 and sukhoi family for our frontline fighter, we dont need another type that complicate maintenance and other

That Rafale is there to make Russia keep their promise on their TOT offering, so we have several options........

I will oppose such move if we really intend to buy it along with Su-35. Strategically thinking, this current 10 years until 2024, should be the time to improve our defense industry into a level that can match many western nation, along with so many research conducted at LAPAN, LIPI, BPPT etc

It is better to use the money to fund LAPAN to make military satellite than buying Rafale. Remote sensing technology being put on our indigenous satellite also can cover all of our areas, so we wont need too much MPA planes. Military satellite is also needed to maximize AWACS planes capabilities during war time. The fragile moment in this region in which our country should build up their military in huge way is at 2024 above, when USA is not as strong as before, and China becomes so huge. We cannot build up massive military hardware that dont hurt our economy and current account if we dont take our current research needs and demand seriously.

This baby needs some money too.....Some money in defense budget should be used for domestic research. It was done under SBY administration, and this strategy should be continued as well. Just dont get it of why this project should be stopped because of government budget in Lapan not enough to add another engineers. We have already had enough infrastructure for designing planes at LAPAN. The project can prepare transfer of technology from old engineer into younger ones, a generation that will likely take responsibility for IFX development beyond 2024 moment.

Lapan%2BHentikan%2BPengembangan%2BJet%2BTempur%2BSiluman.jpg
That Rafale is there to make Russia keep their promise on their TOT offering, so we have several options........

I will oppose such move if we really intend to buy it along with Su-35. Strategically thinking, this current 10 years until 2024, should be the time to improve our defense industry into a level that can match many western nation, along with so many research conducted at LAPAN, LIPI, BPPT etc

It is better to use the money to fund LAPAN to make military satellite than buying Rafale. Remote sensing technology being put on our indigenous satellite also can cover all of our areas, so we wont need too much MPA planes. Military satellite is also needed to maximize AWACS planes capabilities during war time. The fragile moment in this region in which our country should build up their military in huge way is at 2024 above, when USA is not as strong as before, and China becomes so huge. We cannot build up massive military hardware that dont hurt our economy and current account if we dont take our current research needs and demand seriously.

This baby needs some money too.....Some money in defense budget should be used for domestic research. It was done under SBY administration, and this strategy should be continued as well. Just dont get it of why this project should be stopped because of government budget in Lapan not enough to add another engineers. We have already had enough infrastructure for designing planes at LAPAN. The project can prepare transfer of technology from old engineer into younger ones, a generation that will likely take responsibility for IFX development beyond 2024 moment.

Lapan%2BHentikan%2BPengembangan%2BJet%2BTempur%2BSiluman.jpg
I thought we are adding 3 squads of fighter for 2014-2019? 1 sk for SU 35 (f-5 replacement) 2 sk for ( hawk replacement) ?

I dont think we should worry about the maintenance. This F 16 will be retired in 10 yrs anyway.
I would rather have the RAFALE instead of F 16 because it can carry meteor missiles. We are only allowed to buy amraam c5 the most which is below singapore and australia c7 and of course way below the meteor.

For military satellite, yes we should have 1-2 at least. I believe the budget should be there.

For f 16 replacement, I doubt the IFX will be ready by 2024. I even doubt it can be a successful project because its all depends on korean govt. If korean say stop then its stop. Nothing we can do.

Last edited:
@baukiki88

1. no hawk is going to be replaced in near future, simply we will adding more squadron of fighter
2. From where your confident is came from regarding the Falcon?
3. IFX, will be failed? everything can be failed from the starts of projects, even we can reach a failed result when trying to bought Su-35, just giving a little optimism and plan b or plan c will bring no harm

1st photo ... AK-102 ???
11017587_565448043598141_82025824_n-jpg.206035

View attachment 206079

Yup thats AK102, our Police Department bought a lot of them

1395862_515122688591188_6541154860912934840_n.jpg

Close up
Credit : irwin day
halim.jpg

some source said that A400 will stay in halim till 27 march

Yonif 100/Raider
Credit in pic
yonif (1).jpg
yonif (3).jpg
yonif (4).jpg

Khawarij people, seems that this hadith is so true, all of them from Bukhari book (shahih) / Perceived as True hadith

A narration attributed to Unknown reports:

“ I asked Sahl bin Hunaif, "Did you hear the Prophet saying anything about Al-Khawarij?" He said, "I heard him saying while pointing his hand towards Iraq. "There will appear in it (i.e, Iraq) some people who will recite the Quran but it will not go beyond their throats, and they will go out from (leave) Islam as an arrow darts through the game's body.' " [3]

ISIS comes first from Iraq, and then go to Syria

“ “There will come towards the end of time a group of people, young men, they have the most grandiose visions, they are speaking the best speech that you will ever hear of any man. But they will leave Islam like an arrow leaves its prey.” [5]

“ After the Battle of Hunain the Prophet (s) - in distributing the booty - gave preference to a number of non-Muslims. His aim was to attract them to Islam Hurqus ibn Zuhair. rebuked the Prophet (s) by saying to him: "Be just in your distribution O Messenger of Allah."

The Prophet was incensed by this remark and responded by saying:"Then who can be called just if I am not just?"

To this the Prophet added:

"There will come a time when a group of people will leave our ranks. They will recite the Quran with fervour and passion (lit. "With tongues that are moist".) but its spirit will not go beyond their throats. They will leave our ranks in the manner of an arrow when it shoots from its bow." [4]

Khawarij - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We don't need to cite the hadith to clearly see that ISIS isn't in any means representation of Islam and muslim community. Doesn't care if it's called khawarij or just trash. I don't think it's necessary to search islamic literature just merely to find justification to deny this ideology other than using our own common sense, wisdom and conciousness as human being.

Last edited:
It is indeed necessary as it is more like ideology based force, in order to tackle that ideology we need to bring some light about it. Using just force sometime is not really that effective to combat these people.

Some people just has stubborn mind. And maybe you haven seen them, but I do. And even in this PDF, you can see ISIS supporter here, I even had an argumentation with some of them before. Only by clear Islamic literature they can be brought into a truth of Islam. Internet has become one of the successful tool to gather their follower. Posting just photo even dont help any much on the fight against ISIS.

Pesawat Tempur Rafale Perancis Unjuk Gigi Pada TNI dan Pemereintah | Tentara Nasional Indonesia - Angkatan Udara
French Rafale fighter show off to TNI and Government - 03/23/2015

Two French Rafale fighter aircraft landed at Halim Air Base Monday (23/3), to presentations and demos characteristics of the fighter aircraft in the presence of the military officials also Government. The arrival of one of the reliable fighter in the world today, is facilitated by the PT Dirgantara Indonesia (PT DI), after convening the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace 2015, in Malaysia a few days ago.Imam Muhtofa of PT DI said there are two types, namely single-seat Rafale and double seat with five pilots who came to Indonesia. The goal for the presentation and demonstration of the close of the characteristics of the Rafale fighter, so it may be a consideration for the military and government for an alternative to the F 5 E Tiger Air Force.Meanwhile Major Pilot A. Zailani which is the Section Chief of Operations and Training, Department of Surgery air base Halim said on Tuesday (24/3) There will be three flights Air Rafale demonstration conducted by the Air Force fighter pilot from the air base Iswahyudi, Madiun. While On Wednesday (25/3) is planned to be adajoyflight the Rafale aircraft carrying officials from the government that the defense ministry and army and Air Force Headquarters In addition to these two Rafale fighter, also landed at Halim air base an Airbus A 400 as a support activity transporting the equipment and its crew Rafale technique.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom