What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

oh my

264dc7eb672973c4d00653acc9c8c940.jpg

74b65186725008075c9a1b1df4b5a3c2.jpg

6c95dca9dd55bea9a11ff85f36df464f.jpg

Last edited:
You can't compare Global Hawk with Reaper or Predator, they are two kind of different Species. Global Hawk as an HALE UAV is intended for surveillance and gathering data only, it was much different with Reaper who intended to carry out some surgical and precision attacks into their intended targets

true. to put it simply, global hawk is Surveillance UAV while predator/reaper is UCAV (Unmanned Combat Aerial
Vehicle).

We need them now, ASAP
why not buying aircrafts from china? they are cheap, aren´t they? and you are supposed to be a friend of china.

seriously we lack some offensive weapons system like Cruise missile and Tactical land attack missile
indonesia has no such offensive weapons?

Agree with you here, lets we all see it in a long term basis than mere a short one, particularly in the context where we have already been much a head of Malaysia at 2016 in term of air force plat form (adding 24 F-16). Inducting more at current time means we are targeting China, which is unlikely to happen in a period of 10-15 years to come, as China has to deal with Vietnam / Philippine/ USA first before reaching our shore.

I doubt China will win if USA comes now ( but after 10 years runs out, USA will not have the power and enough will to challenge China, this will be the crucial moment for SEA region), but I believe that China will not see us as enemy, they need us in the long run in a fight to balance USA power in Asia and even in the world (as we are number 4 in term of population, and number 9 in GDP (PPP) )

If we are going to induct another fleet, it should be taken in a strategic way which is to help KFX/IFX program. No way we can be world power if we just import fighter planes. And only another word power that will be able to balance China in SEA region after USA leave this region at that time 10-15 years from now.

I suggest us to buy C-295 AEW & C version, learning how to conduct a more sophisticated war first......It has already used AESA, maybe we can get some TOT as well
the bold part: you are a optimist :D

You can't compare Global Hawk with Reaper or Predator, they are two kind of different Species. Global Hawk as an HALE UAV is intended for surveillance and gathering data only, it was much different with Reaper who intended to carry out some surgical and precision attacks into their intended targets

Army needs to buy Predator UAV to maximize our new Apache Guardian capabilities, since it can control UAV as well. Our KFX/IFX is also designed to have UAV under its commands.

We are optimist that you can handle them, more deathly weaponry that you bough will make us more secured :partay: :partay:

We are prioritizing the security of our borders, weapon such as Cruise Missile and TLAM are precision weapons effective when you are invading / attacking other nation's territory by targeting their vital defensive or weapon facilities or central command/government in densed/popuated urban area.
Indonesia needs more heavy artillery, Multiple rocket launcher system for defending our border, also medium ranged SAM system to be distributed all across the country to defends our major military bases and equipped more ships with medium - long ranged AShM. If we cannot get 150++ 4 to 4,5 generation fighter jets to be scrambled to match the quantity of enemy fighters invading our air space, we have to build integrated air-defense parameter with the combination of fighter and static land-based SAM system.

Indonesia population is three-times bigger than Vietnam and still our GDP is five to six time bigger than your country. Our ability to procure military weapons is far bigger than yours but we put more priority to build economy level and welfare of our people.

We are optimist that you can handle them, more deathly weapon
weaponry that you bough will make us more secured :partay: :partay:
despite numerous times bigger than Vietnam, the chinese usually attacked us at weak moments. in 4-5 years our army will possess the capability and can inflict unaffordable cost to the PLA and their economy if they start a armed confrontation.

as Chinese tend to exploit weakness from others, I predict they will avoid to confront vietnam and look for other victims. Indonesia can be the next target. you are very vulnerable as a no-ally nation. take care. that is the reason why I said you are a optimist.

We are prioritizing the security of our borders, weapon such as Cruise Missile and TLAM are precision weapons effective when you are invading / attacking other nation's territory by targeting their vital defensive or weapon facilities or central command/government in densed/popuated urban area.
Indonesia needs more heavy artillery, Multiple rocket launcher system for defending our border, also medium ranged SAM system to be distributed all across the country to defends our major military bases and equipped more ships with medium - long ranged AShM. If we cannot get 150++ 4 to 4,5 generation fighter jets to be scrambled to match the quantity of enemy fighters invading our air space, we have to build integrated air-defense parameter with the combination of fighter and static land-based SAM system.

Indonesia population is three-times bigger than Vietnam and still our GDP is five to six time bigger than your country. Our ability to procure military weapons is far bigger than yours but we put more priority to build economy level and welfare of our people.
I agree. your most important defence is your vast territory, big martime domain and huge number of people. only a fool would invade indonesia. but you should take into your consideration, that no country in SEA poses a threat to Indonesia, but China. they claim the SC Sea including a part of your territory. However, I don´t think chinese are foolish enough to invade indonesia mainland, but they will try to eat into your maritime domain piece by piece.

I believe the future lies in the sea. who controls the sea, they control the bloodline of the countries.

despite numerous times bigger than Vietnam, the chinese usually attacked us at weak moments. in 4-5 years our army will possess the capability and can inflict unaffordable cost to the PLA and their economy if they start a armed confrontation.

as Chinese tend to exploit weakness from others, I predict they will avoid to confront vietnam and look for other victims. Indonesia can be the next target. you are very vulnerable as a no-ally nation. take care. that is the reason why I said you are a optimist.

Just ask any famous geopolitics expert, and I bet you can have similar answer with the post that I have written above. Beside that, there is no benefit at all taken by attacking our country as you also have mentioned at above post. And my countrymen are not people that can be seen as victim by any World Power country.

If you learn Indonesian philosophy well, you will understand that. I don't want to reveal the secret here, but we don't get afraid of any country. We will not seek any enemy, but if some one dare to challenge us, we are going to be aggressive. That's why Malaysia get silent now, they now understand that we don't like bluffing. Their soldier get shoot at the border by us, luckily no media knows that. Even we dare to challenge USA aircraft carrier full with F-18, by only deploying 2 F-16 (without AMRAAM, just Sidewinders attached) during Bush Jr administration at Bawean island...........(there were dogfight there) ;)

Last edited:
I predict they will avoid to confront vietnam and look for other victims. Indonesia can be the next target. you are very vulnerable as a no-ally nation. take care. that is the reason why I said you are a optimist.
Nope, they will make sure total domination in your front yard first before they ventured deeper into our ZEE.
If you know about diplomatic and strategic policy, contrary to your knowledge, no-ally nation status of Indonesia give us more security and leverage in this conflict. The Australia for generation look at us as the main buffer for communist invasion and for today, China expansion. The fall of Indonesia meaning US Navy in the Gulf are cut off with the pacific 7th fleet. And if you are talking about economy, dont need to wait for 4-5 years, Indonesia today have the capability to inflicting unaffordable cost to China economy.

Precious moment : Indonesia Military personnel with family and lover

Marine Corps Dad to his "Little Sniper" : dont cry, daddy will come home soon.
5e2bf810dc226da37c64afe445f258b8.jpg

From the Marine Corps Inauguration "Thanks dad"
b8d40aa7590bb8d3895d71825e0681db.jpg

Proud Mother
b5f9ddec2fce9ca565272ee5dbb38768.jpg

Army member 'quality time' with his girlfriend before embarked into mission
4f404ebb1fc4ba47c92b44f033d6b751.jpg

Proud Father
eb72e6a6b75ca3ae573bd9cf3e93d803.jpg

Last edited:
I agree. your most important defence is your vast territory, big martime domain and huge number of people. only a fool would invade indonesia. but you should take into your consideration, that no country in SEA poses a threat to Indonesia, but China. they claim the SC Sea including a part of your territory. However, I don´t think chinese are foolish enough to invade indonesia mainland, but they will try to eat into your maritime domain piece by piece.

I believe the future lies in the sea. who controls the sea, they control the bloodline of the countries.

Malaysia is a threat...They keep stealing our islands, Traditions, traditional musics and many more.

Army needs to buy Predator UAV to maximize our new Apache Guardian capabilities, since it can control UAV as well. Our KFX/IFX is also designed to have UAV under its commands.

We are optimist that you can handle them, more deathly weaponry that you bough will make us more secured :partay: :partay:

I agree. We need UCAV.. it is cost effective.

why not buying aircrafts from china? they are cheap, aren´t they? and you are supposed to be a friend of china.

Australia have F-35, F-18.. Singapore F-35, F-15, F16 block 52 and Malaysia SU-30, F18 and Mig 29. Buying cheap Chinese J17 would be obsolete against them. even their J10 is obsolete IMHO. Their J20 and J15 are not cheap.

Last edited:

Chinese jet fighter? no battle proven record in modern combat history since the gulf war.

we don't have such weapons. The only offensive weapons we had is our marines and our paratroopers with their rifle

Malaysia is a threat...They keep stealing our islands, Traditions, traditional musics and many more.

I agree. We need UCAV.. it is cost effective.

Australia have F-35, F-18.. Singapore F-35, F-15, F16 block 52 and Malaysia SU-30, F18 and Mig 29. Buying cheap Chinese J17 would be obsolete against them. even their J10 is obsolete IMHO. Their J20 and J15 are not cheap.

UCAV, cost effective? you must have some deep analysis when trying to compare the total acquisition cost and operational cost between any fighter squadrons and UCAV squadrons to tell that and i dare to tell you theirs (UCAV) ain't cheap at all. Even an squadron of F-16 block 52 is will be cheaper to acquire and operate them at year rounds comparing with Predator squadron.

Indonesia's Peacekeeper to win in UNIFIL shooting championship

1.Indonesia
2.Indonesia
3.Indonesia (Lol)

can other indo poster here give me english version of the news please?

View attachment 122979 View attachment 122980 View attachment 122981 View attachment 122982 View attachment 122983

Good news......

Why don't you translate it by yourselves ....? We are all busy people here, usually we just use Google Translate with some "lazy" editing ....................:D

We also have 4 consecutive times winning AASAM Shooting Championship in which USA, Australia, British soldiers are also there :

Attachments

• chilli[1].gif
    chilli[1].gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Pride of our nation : Anoa APC made in PT.PINDAD
Currently there are about 250 of this vehicle serving our Army, includes 44 units serves under UN Peacekeeping Forces (20 units deployed in Lebanon, 24 units in South Sudan).
Currently 40 units of Anoa under production in PT. PINDAD.

ce492e0857029c50bcb9c2fcf8474d89.jpg

photo source : indonesian_armedforces @ instagram.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom