What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Flaws in K21 Design Confirmed
I don't think they have 105mm amphibious version either.
I admit that I do have NATO bias.
But when I think about it carefully, I conclude there is no NATO's vehicle on market that equivalent enough and as mature as BMP-3F.

I have to admit BMP-3F is kind of irreplaceable for marine.
That post is from 2010 however, I can imagine it's fixed by now. For the most part, the AS21 Redback being offered for the Australian Army Land 400 Phase 3 program IS somewhat of a tough contender even for the KF41 Lynx. Something that wouldn't happen if the vehicle's issues weren't fixed already considering it has beaten KMW's Puma.

Let's replace mk80 series with those BT series for dumb-bomb operation.
So we just need to buy and use mk82 for JDAM.
The question is whether or not Pindad can produce them at a rate that can keep stocks full?

Still need to find BMP3F Equivalent (amphibians with big gun)
We did send delegations to Ukraine around 3 or 4 weeks previous. The workgroup is said to take interests on BVP-2, i was thinking this is something related

I think the only option they have at this point are wheeled platforms.

BAE is offering new built amtracks IIRC.
Yes, i've read a couple or 3 years ago they did offer us however no reply yet from our side with CAATSA being applied we might review the offer backthen

The question is whether or not Pindad can produce them at a rate that can keep stocks full?

Well, for bomb manufacturing PT Sari Bahari is more dedicated. Pindad production lines is too stretched for various industrial and defense products (unless they make bomb in Turen plant or they open a new plant in Lampung). Anyways here are Sari Bahari products

Screenshot_2020-09-21 Missile Target Drone Jalak - PT Sari Bahari.png
Screenshot_2020-09-21 Rudal PETIR - PT Sari Bahari.png
Screenshot_2020-09-21 BNL-250 - PT Sari Bahari.png
Screenshot_2020-09-21 Rocketpod (Launcher) 7 Tube - PT Sari Bahari.png

Screenshot_2020-09-21 Bomb P-100 - PT Sari Bahari-side.png

Screenshot_2020-09-21 Bomb P-250 - PT Sari Bahari-side.png

Screenshot_2020-09-21 Bomb P-500 - PT Sari Bahari-side.png

Screenshot_2020-09-21 Warhead 70 - PT Sari Bahari-side.png

As you can see from the pictures, Sari Bahari also made NATO and Russian bombs and munition. Their NATO bomb differed in tail fin, while their Russian bomb differed in the muzzle shape (those made by Sari Bahari are more blunt).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-21 Bomb P-100 - PT Sari Bahari-side.png
    Screenshot_2020-09-21 Bomb P-100 - PT Sari Bahari-side.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_2020-09-21 Bomb P-250 - PT Sari Bahari-side.png
    Screenshot_2020-09-21 Bomb P-250 - PT Sari Bahari-side.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_2020-09-21 Bomb P-500 - PT Sari Bahari-side.png
    Screenshot_2020-09-21 Bomb P-500 - PT Sari Bahari-side.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_2020-09-21 Warhead 70 - PT Sari Bahari-side.png
    Screenshot_2020-09-21 Warhead 70 - PT Sari Bahari-side.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Companies should pursue profit first everything later you know. To gain that you should have advantage or edge compared to your competitor. US during before the great merger era in 1990-2000, had many efficient and cost effective companies in which can delivered new products within short term along with cost effective research. The likes of Mc Donnel, Douglas aircraft, North America, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed, Vought , Skunks work and so on. With many competition, US aircraft technical and technology advantage is being leapt and bound compared to their allies and Rival of Soviet Union. Now largely, their fighter industry is quite degraded with only Boeing and Lockheed Martin rivalries in which bound to oligopoly games. This, in Indonesia the situation is more dire, with only SOE playing the games without incentive for competition.
Very well said

Well, for bomb manufacturing PT Sari Bahari is more dedicated. Pindad production lines is too stretched for various industrial and defense products (unless they make bomb in Turen plant or they open a new plant in Lampung). Anyways here are Sari Bahari products

View attachment 671825View attachment 671827View attachment 671828
As you can see from the pictures, Sari Bahari also made NATO and Russian bombs and munition. Their NATO bomb differed in tail fin, while their Russian bomb differed in the muzzle shape (those made by Sari Bahari are more blunt).

So... these are missle drones? Like piloted rockets I take it?

Every debate end with CAATSA, so why don't we use our indigenous developed Wirajayadi Bahari product

I've been inside that vehicle on display during Indo Defence. Quite spacious. But to me lets just go with the LVTP-7 or AAV7 than this vehicle if we couldn't get the BT-3F because of CAATSA.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom