What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

98 hit really hard, I hope 2020 won't hamper our participation in KFX.

But when I think that we want to buy other pricey stuff, gee... the problem is our commitment.

PT DI doesn't have credible business plan and stuff to expand their business and they are not flexible enough. Many deemed N250 is not fit for civillian cargo business at the time, but not one trying or giving option to sell them as dedicated MPA platform for the second thought , as they are using many advance military technology like fly by wire, and their Turboprop engine.

PT DI doesn't have credible business plan and stuff to expand their business and they are not flexible enough. Many deemed N250 is not fit for civillian cargo business at the time, but not one trying or giving option to sell them as dedicated MPA platform for the second thought , as they are using many advance military technology like fly by wire, and their Turboprop engine.
That's the thing. Airlines don't want the best, they want something that is cost effective. Habibie is a great engineer and made a good aircraft, however I don't think he understood the airline market that well back then. Had he attempted to market it as a tactical transporter. I would say it would have been more successful and the IMF would not have insisted on dropping the project.

Soo.. instead of new Vipers, these old tired Falcons are what we are getting now...? :cry:
F-16 fanboys are probably smiling ear to ear full of happiness now....

where they going to put that thing anyway , using a hanggar with tent ?

They can just scatter those in various empty military airfields and be used as decoys or something... I bet it will look real good in satellite recon pics..

Soo.. instead of new Vipers, these old tired Falcons are what we are getting now...? :cry:
F-16 fanboys are probably smiling ear to ear full of happiness now....

They can just scatter those in various empty military airfields and be used as decoys or something... I bet it will look real good in satellite recon pics..
No, instead we will get viper and F16's second hand altogether

I don't mind if we get used Norwegian or USAF F-16, the thing is how much do we have to spend money on it, if it's DIRT CHEAP why not, how much the cost of up grading it to Block 60 or if it can to Block 70 Viper and how long will it operational in TNI AU

Really...? Your optimism sure is commendable.. any time estimate of when it might 'actually' happen..?
When? MoD is the one who decides "when", weapon arms procurements is dynamic, you can't decide "when" it might actually happen except from the MoD itself

Monch defense one of large defense news outlet in Europe cover Indonesia order of Astros

https://www.monch.com/mpg/news/land/7292-indonesia-receives-more-astros-systems.html#

Established – Independent – Trusted – Since 1956

LAND
INDONESIA RECEIVES MORE ASTROS SYSTEMS
A further batch of ASTROS II Mk6 area saturation artillery rocket systems has been delivered to Indonesia: 27 launchers and a significant number of rockets.
Indonesia ordered two batteries (36 vehicles) of the Brazilian ASTROS II system in 2012. These vehicles already equip two rocket artillery battalions and MON understands that the new vehicles are destined for the mixed rocket/tube artillery battalion of the newly formed (2018) 3rd Army Division in Sulawesi and Papua. An alternative rationale, however, is that they may be replacement units for the 1st and 2nd Divisions, since 14 ASTROS systems are now on detached duty protecting Natuna Island.
Since the signature of the original 2012 purchase of 36 units was signed there has been no notification from the MoD for any further orders. However, in February 2019, Lt Gen Moch Fachrudin, the Army’s Deputy Director of Personnel, visited Avibras’ factory in São José dos Campos, São Paulo, supposedly to guarantee that a new Indonesian order, for 56 vehicles, would be delivered by the established deadline.
Santiago Rivas and Florencia Lucero Heguy in Buenos Aires for MON

20200803-13_ASTROS_II_ph_Rivas.jpg

Avibras ASTROS II multiple launch rocket systems being delivered to Indonesia. (Photo: via authors)

DetailsPublished: 03 August 2020

so the new batch of order is 56 instead what we guessed before of around 27 or the likes.

This means Indonesia Army is insisted more on MLRS firepower compared to tube type artillery for their recently modernization

When? MoD is the one who decides "when", weapon arms procurements is dynamic, you can't decide "when" it might actually happen except from the MoD itself

So basically... just like the rest of us commoners... you have no idea either... of when or even if it will happen..
I was just curious because you seem so certain of your statement earlier...

No, instead we will get viper and F16's second hand altogether
I dont like another second hand F16, I dont think used F16 isnt worth upgrading to Viper if we looking at the perspective of LCC. But at least the sound of us getting new Viper is heard again for now. Buckle up, September is around the corner we might see more unconfirmed news that can be worth gossiping :lol:

Monch defense one of large defense news outlet in Europe cover Indonesia order of Astros

https://www.monch.com/mpg/news/land/7292-indonesia-receives-more-astros-systems.html#

Established – Independent – Trusted – Since 1956

LAND
INDONESIA RECEIVES MORE ASTROS SYSTEMS
A further batch of ASTROS II Mk6 area saturation artillery rocket systems has been delivered to Indonesia: 27 launchers and a significant number of rockets.
Indonesia ordered two batteries (36 vehicles) of the Brazilian ASTROS II system in 2012. These vehicles already equip two rocket artillery battalions and MON understands that the new vehicles are destined for the mixed rocket/tube artillery battalion of the newly formed (2018) 3rd Army Division in Sulawesi and Papua. An alternative rationale, however, is that they may be replacement units for the 1st and 2nd Divisions, since 14 ASTROS systems are now on detached duty protecting Natuna Island.
Since the signature of the original 2012 purchase of 36 units was signed there has been no notification from the MoD for any further orders. However, in February 2019, Lt Gen Moch Fachrudin, the Army’s Deputy Director of Personnel, visited Avibras’ factory in São José dos Campos, São Paulo, supposedly to guarantee that a new Indonesian order, for 56 vehicles, would be delivered by the established deadline.
Santiago Rivas and Florencia Lucero Heguy in Buenos Aires for MON

20200803-13_ASTROS_II_ph_Rivas.jpg

Avibras ASTROS II multiple launch rocket systems being delivered to Indonesia. (Photo: via authors)

DetailsPublished: 03 August 2020

so the new batch of order is 56 instead what we guessed before of around 27 or the likes.
This means Indonesia Army is insisted more on MLRS firepower compared to tube type artillery for their recently modernization
I assume the number might have something to do with them wanting to get into the Matador missile program.

Back
Top Bottom