What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Don't know where to put this one

Indonesia lauds Serbia over extraditing fugitive in bank fraud case
9th Jul 2020 18:32

antarafoto-penangkapan-buronan-maria-pauline-090720-app-12.jpg

Banten (ANTARA) - The Government of Indonesia praised its Serbian counterpart for its help in extraditing Maria Pauline Lumowa, a fugitive 17 years since being named a suspect, over Bank Negara Indonesia's (BNI's) US$136-million fraud case.

Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal, and Security Affairs Mahfud MD affirmed that the handover procedure of the fugitive was concluded owing to Law and Human Rights Minister Yasonna Laoly’s intensive communication with the Serbian government.

To this end, Mahfud and Laoly held a press conference at the Soekarno-Hatta International Airport on Thursday after inspecting the process of Lumowa’s arrival in Indonesia.

"On behalf of the Indonesian government, I extend our gratitude to the Serbian government over the smooth cooperation as well as the facilities and assistance provided by the Serbian president owing to which we were able to bring back this fugitive," Mahfud informed the press.

"The law and human rights minister had communicated with the Serbian government since the past year until last night when the perpetrator was officially handed over," he remarked, adding that Lumowa will perhaps have another opportunity to be free if the process was extended by a week.

Related news: DPR commends extradition of Rp1.7-tln bank fraud fugitive from Serbia
Related news: Indonesia, Serbia strengthen ties to fight transnational crime

Laoly conveyed Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic’s regards to President Joko Widodo, as he quoted the president as saying that the historical friendship between his nation and Indonesia in the fields of law, politics, economy, and culture will always be maintained and improved.

"This (extradition process) demonstrates our commitment towards the law enforcement process," Laoly stated.

Lumowa was extradited from Serbia on Wednesday, July 8, and arrived here on Thursday afternoon after which she was placed in detention by the Indonesian Police’s Criminal Investigation Agency (Bareskrim), pending further investigation.

Lumowa is one of the suspects, who allegedly used a fake letter of credit to commit a bank fraud. During the period from October 2002 to July 2003, the BNI liquidated US$136 million and 56 million Euros for the Gramarindo Group owned by Lumowa and her husband, Adrian Waworuntu.

"She is 'a burglar' of BNI (when she committed the crime along) with her partners by using a fake letter of credit in 2003 to get Rp1.2 trillion," Laoly stated while rectifying an earlier statement that the amount was Rp1.7 trillion when converted on the basis of today's exchange rate.

Related news: House suggests RI cooperate with Singapore on extradition
Related news: Indonesia pursues mutual legal assistance treaty with Serbia
Translated by: Fathur Rochman, Suwanti
Editor: Sri Haryati

https://en.antaranews.com/news/1521...-over-extraditing-fugitive-in-bank-fraud-case

Justice is prevail at last, i know where Edy Tansil right now. He is owner of one beer company in China mainland and owns several other business there.
Because we have very good relation also relating to kosovo maybe. Dunny think maybe we not recognize it (likely in this forum i assure many user pro kosovo yes form some mid east country).....

About Osprey procurement claims as an American unilateral claim
20200709_214701.jpg

Salah kutip wartawan?

Milrem Robotics Introduces Its Mission Proven Unmanned Ground Vehicle at the Singapore Airshow
February 11, 2020

Milrem Robotics, one of the leading manufacturers of unmanned ground vehicles (UGV) introduces at the Singapore Airshow 2020 its mission proven, fifth generation THeMIS UGV designed to assist soldiers on the battlefield while enhancing their combat effectiveness.

Deployed in Mali, Africa during the French lead anti-insurgent operation Barkhane since early 2019, the fifth generation THeMIS incorporates all the knowledge gained during rigorous tests held in the United States, Europe and Singapore.

During various live military exercises the UGV has been deployed by the British Army, US Marines, the Royal Dutch Army, Latvian and Estonian Defence Forces. The Defence Technology Institute of Thailand will soon be evaluating the THeMIS for its suitability for the country’s armed forces.

“We are pleased to be back in Singapore, where just a few years ago we tested the prototype of our unmanned vehicle for durability in local conditions. Today we are presenting a mature and robust product that, as our clients have already determined, will greatly enhance warfighting capabilities,” stated Kuldar Väärsi, CEO of Milrem Robotics.

The THeMIS UGV is in serial production and has already been delivered to Indonesia, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, France, US and the UK in logistics configuration intended to provide combat support and carry supplies with an option to integrate additional kinetic or non-kinetic payloads.

This tracked multipurpose UGV can be equipped with remote weapon systems, tethered drones, C-IED solutions and ISR sensors. With the possibility to mount various payloads the UGV acts as a force multiplier.

“The THeMIS has become the industry standard UGV sought out for various payload integration projects. Together with partners like ST Engineering, EOS, Kongsberg, FN Herstal and MBDA more than a dozen different systems have already been integrated,” Väärsi stated. Live firing tests have been conducted with five different weapon systems, including the JAVELIN anti-tank missile system.

The fifth generation THeMIS incorporates NATO STANAG standards in the vehicle’s architecture, safety, air transportability, power offload and other aspects.

In addition, the UGV has been equipped with autonomous functions including point-to-point navigation, obstacle detection and avoidance, enabling it to follow dismounted troops, patrol a perimeter, provide front line resupply and evacuate casualties with minimal intervention by the operator.

Watch the THeMIS in action here:

upload_2020-2-11_22-45-54-png.604975

Milrem Robotics Will Deliver UGVs to the UK

Milrem Robotics will deliver two unmanned ground vehicles to the Defense Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL) of the United Kingdom.

DSTL whose purpose is to maximise the impact of science and technology for the defence and security of the UK, is procuring the unmanned vehicles to explore the capabilities and limitations of these autonomous systems in areas such as mobility, vulnerabilities and safety.

In cooperation with QinetiQ, Milrem Robotics is participating in two UK’s large-scale robotic programs – JTARR (Joint Tactical Autonomous Resupply and Replenishment) and RPV (Robotic Platoon Vehicle), both worth over £ 50 million per program.

“The United Kingdom has a clear view on the importance of robotics on the battlefield and its impact on defence capabilities. This is illustrated by the two large-scale robotics programs in which Milrem Robotics is currently participating in the UK,” said Kuldar Väärsi, CEO of Milrem Robotics.

Milrem Robotics THeMIS unmanned vehicles have already been sold in the Netherlands, Norway, Germany, Indonesia, the UK and the United States.

Source: Milrem
Date: Mar 27, 2020

Last edited:
IIRC the data is share with the host country, which is the usual norm of doing business with US. The US is actually pretty good at it.

All he can do is edit the same question from " interesting " to " unique ", i thought retardation only plaques other section of defence.pk, i mean what happens to it, are we allowing a child run around here. Someone is obviously too dull to follow basic instruction from a grown " read and understand how dsca released " why is it so difficult nowadays for someone to read the information 1st rather than asking the unneccesary

TNI AU membutuhkan pesawat tempur Generasi 5 yang kemampuannya di atas pesawat generasi 4++ atau 4,5 seperti Su-27/30 atau Su-35, kemudian pesawat berkemampuan khusus Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C), pesawat jet tanker berkemampuan dual systems (drouge and boom), dan pesawat amfibi.

Koordinator Staf Ahli (Koorsahli) KSAU Marsda TNI Dr. Umar Sugeng Hariyono, S.IP, S.E, M.M

https://www.airspace-review.com/201...U8k-nfJwv8vtO5qfjSuT7iiukXppxSG6u2W6eyvvq5J4w

All he can do is edit the same question from " interesting " to " unique ", i thought retardation only plaques other section of defence.pk, i mean what happens to it, are we allowing a child run around here. Someone is obviously too dull to follow basic instruction from a grown " read and understand how dsca released " why is it so difficult nowadays for someone to read the information 1st rather than asking the unneccesary

TNI AU membutuhkan pesawat tempur Generasi 5 yang kemampuannya di atas pesawat generasi 4++ atau 4,5 seperti Su-27/30 atau Su-35, kemudian pesawat berkemampuan khusus Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C), pesawat jet tanker berkemampuan dual systems (drouge and boom), dan pesawat amfibi.

Koordinator Staf Ahli (Koorsahli) KSAU Marsda TNI Dr. Umar Sugeng Hariyono, S.IP, S.E, M.M

https://www.airspace-review.com/201...U8k-nfJwv8vtO5qfjSuT7iiukXppxSG6u2W6eyvvq5J4w

TNI AU prefer 5th gen fighter than 4++ or 4.5 gen fighter, interestingly the Russian keep pushing their Jets, and some of Russopile failed to add this as Russian made downside

Seriously what's wrong with MoD? Kalo mau cari alasan buat nenangin opini publik mbok cari yang alasan berkelas gitu lhoo.....i mean"unilateral claim" seriously??!! di kira kemenhan seluruh rakyat indonesia awam beginian apa?!! i don't know....it's really pissed me off...malah bikin drama yang sebetulnya nggak butuh

Ironically, people that use Brigjen Teddy case as an example to point out the flaw with the U.S procurement processes should consider that he could've and most likely will be gotten away Scots free had the deals been done with non-U.S party (i.e. Rosoboronexport). Reminded me of PAL, with Damen corruption allegation, went from "PKR buatan anak bangsa" into "dapat kerjaan 5% saja" (Although do correct me on this one, my memory a bit hazy)

KRI 331 on the way to RIMPAC, I wonder if it carrying the Panther ASW helo on it

Nope it says nothing about Martadinata going for RIMPAC.

Back
Top Bottom