What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

mayjen-tni-tatang-sulaiman.jpg

AAD2014: Rippel showcases upgraded grenade launcher
19th September 2014 - 14:00by Tim Fish in Pretoria

64f22803.jpg

An upgraded version of the 40mm Extended Range Multi Shot Grenade Launcher (XRGL 40) is being displayed by Rippel Effects at the AAD exhibition in Pretoria, South Africa.

The company has modified the system with a sight that allows an operator to rapidly switch between firing less lethal, low velocity (LV) and medium velocity (MV) munitions.

A spokesperson told Shephard that the grenade launcher’s new GR40 sighting system means that it can fire all three types of ammunition and this has made it very popular on the market for militaries that want the option of using less lethal munitions that can be fired from the same launcher as the LV and MV rounds.

The launcher can fire standard 40x46 LV rounds out to a range of about 380m and the MV 40x51 rounds can reach up to 800m. Other improvements in the upgrade are that the launcher is lighter at just 4.9kg, has an adjustable buttstock, improved iron sights and is water proof to a depth of 2m.

The weapon has a rotating cylinder magazine, can fire six shots and works using a gas-operated VPPD system. The GR40 sight is aimed with both eyes open and can be used in day and night with an ultra-low light mode for use with night vision equipment.

The spokesperson said that in 2013, the company sold 632 XRGL 40 systems mainly to military customers in the Middle East, but he added there was interest from military users in India, Venezuela, Peru and Indonesia.

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/...4-rippel-showcases-upgraded-grenade-launcher/

Batalyon kavaleri 9/SDK menerima alutsista baru Tank Scorpion dan Stormer dari yonkav 1/BBC Kostrad sebanyak 14 unit,yaitu 9 Tank Scorpion, 3 Stormer AP, 1 Stormer Komando, 1 Stormer Recovery. Jumat 24/02/17.

Tank Scorpion dan Stormer ini akan menggantikan Tank AMX 13 APC yang sebelumnya di miliki Batalyon Kavaleri 9/SDK untuk memenuhi organisasi Batalyon Kavaleri 9/SDK yang baru. Alutsista ini sebelumnya diawaki oleh Batalyon Kavaleri 1/BBC Kostrad yang sekarang dipercaya mengawaki Tank Leopard.

16939217_1081448008630208_5976609247914891319_n.jpg

16864886_1081449111963431_1057768068994146148_n.jpg

16997695_1081448318630177_3132262953428520072_n.jpg

16938700_1081449151963427_8793411231230370426_n.jpg

16996284_1081448535296822_8481596703917012300_n.jpg

16939493_1081448628630146_3953592339744300855_n.jpg
Yonkav 1/BBC atau BCC (Badak Ceta Cakti)?

Info from Windu Pratama (Design Engineer Pindad) at Formil
Spektek dan tupoksi MMWT (Modern Medium Weight Tank)

Pindad&FNSS diminta membuat tank combat dengan kriteria:
1. >20hp/ton
2. Dimensi maks 7 x 3,5 x 2,5 meter
3. Proteksi level 5!
4. Ground clearance 45cm
5. 3 crew
6. Anti mine protection level 3b dan 4.
7. Total amunisi 105 yg bisa dibawa 45 butir

Dengan tugas utama sebagai tank tempur utama....dst dll..
Serta 276 butir kriteria detail yg tersepakati dalam system requirements list.

Info from Windu Pratama (Design Engineer Pindad) at Formil
Spektek dan tupoksi MMWT (Modern Medium Weight Tank)

Pindad&FNSS diminta membuat tank combat dengan kriteria:
1. >20hp/ton
2. Dimensi maks 7 x 3,5 x 2,5 meter
3. Proteksi level 5!
4. Ground clearance 45cm
5. 3 crew
6. Anti mine protection level 3b dan 4.
7. Total amunisi 105 yg bisa dibawa 45 butir

Dengan tugas utama sebagai tank tempur utama....dst dll..
Serta 276 butir kriteria detail yg tersepakati dalam system requirements list.

i just feel, this requirement is on par with AMX 30 or leopard 1

i just feel, this requirement is on par with AMX 30 or leopard 1
Even better, and not bad at all for medium tank. He made this confirmation because some smart *** commenting & ridiculing MMWT design decision :D

Last edited:
it is enough, this tank not intended to fight head to head against Main Battle Tank, more like to destroy light armored vechile

Is that good or bad?

good, considering we are starting from nothing into designing something comparable with Western European Early Cold War stuff standard MBT. After this i hope we can move on to designing into the latest gen of MBT like K2 or else.....btw this medium tank projects will clearly opened many stuff like opening the local supplier for many parts needed to assembly the tanks, increasing the proficiency level of our engineer and architect to design and build an armored vehicle in class of tank, built the necessary production line to assemble the tanks and so on. This joint project will involving the setting up of CMI turret assembly production in PT PINDAD facility, including transfer technology to built locally the gun....

it is enough, this tank not intended to fight head to head against Main Battle Tank, more like to destroy light armored vechile

though i am very sure this can be used for head to head against many tanks we can found in the region (like Thailand Patton, Vietnam T55 and T62, Cambodia type 59) though i am agreed we must to prop up the number of our Leopard 2 in inventory

Although not intended to fight head to head against MBT but with CMI 105mm gun it can fire the Falarick 105 gun-launched anti-tank guided missile (GLATGM). Ofcourse if Indonesia plan to buy also the Falarick 105.

Cockerill Falarick 105:

From FNSS MMWT article:

https://www.fnss.com.tr/en/news/fns...-design-of-the-modern-medium-weight-tank-mmwt

Although medium tanks are seen as a no-match forheavy main battle tanks (MBTs) in the 60-70 tonnes range, utilizing its stealth and mobility, MMWT can be tasked against MBTs in specific scenarios, such as mobile screening operations, flank attacks, ambush attacks, emergency delaying operations and support of friendly MBTs.

Last edited:
though i am very sure this can be used for head to head against many tanks we can found in the region (like Thailand Patton, Vietnam T55 and T62, Cambodia type 59)
But... ma'am, Singapore Leo 2, Malaysian PT-91, Australian Abrams

Although medium tanks are seen as a no-match forheavy main battle tanks (MBTs) in the 60-70 tonnes range, utilizing its stealth and mobility, MMWT can be tasked against MBTs in specific scenarios, such as mobile screening operations, flank attacks, ambush attacks, emergency delaying operations and support of friendly MBTs.
Yeah Like what i said, not head to head. yeah can be used to fight MBT but in specific scenarios.
The spec is enough for a medium tank.
The main purpose is not to fight MBT, but if needed it still can be used to fight MBT(effectivity : ?)
IMHO

good, considering we are starting from nothing into designing something comparable with Western European Early Cold War stuff standard MBT. After this i hope we can move on to designing into the latest gen of MBT like K2 or else.....btw this medium tank projects will clearly opened many stuff like opening the local supplier for many parts needed to assembly the tanks, increasing the proficiency level of our engineer and architect to design and build an armored vehicle in class of tank, built the necessary production line to assemble the tanks and so on. This joint project will involving the setting up of CMI turret assembly production in PT PINDAD facility, including transfer technology to built locally the gun....

agree, but i think they will not transfer knowledge of high preasure gun that easily, can krakatau steel provide good quality steel for that?

But... ma'am, Singapore Leo 2, Malaysian PT-91, Australian Abrams

Yeah Like what i said, not head to head. yeah can be used to fight MBT but in specific scenarios.
The spec is enough for a medium tank.
The main purpose is not to fight MBT, but if needed it still can be used to fight MBT(effectivity : ?)
IMHO

got Leopard and other stuff to defeat such threat (apache, hind, milan, javelin, nlaw and among other). Actually our army anti armor capability is quite good but just not enough in number

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom