What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

logo40.png

RI govt insists no detection of MH370 in RI airspace

The Jakarta Post, Bagus BT Saragih and Ina Parlina | World | Tue, March 25 2014, 7:19 PM

The Indonesian government has strongly opposed the theory that the ill-fated Malaysia Airlines flight number MH370 spent hours flying through Indonesian airspace without any radar detection before crashing in the southern Indian Ocean.

The government issued a press statement on Tuesday amid growing concerns that the plane had indeed flown over Sumatra and Java, as suggested by a number of reports by foreign print and electronic media.

The suggestions of this possible route were made after Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak announced on Monday that the Boeing 777-200’s journey had ended in remote waters southwest of Perth, Australia.

But spokesman for the Office of the Coordinating Political, Legal and Security Affairs Minister, Vice Marshall Agus Ruchyan Barnas, insisted that the most likely route taken by the plane was via the northern Indian Ocean, northwest of Sumatra, before flying south to the location that Najib had indicated as the plane’s crash point.

“Has anyone dared to confirm that the plane flew through our airspace? No.” Agus told The Jakarta Post.

The Indonesian Air Force has also repeatedly said that none of Indonesia’s military radars had detected any flying object that could have been been flight MH370.

“One hit on military radar suggested that the plane had been detected in the Andaman Islands, west of Thailand. So it could have very likely cleared Sumatra in the north before making another turn to the South to the waters 2,500 kilometers off Perth,” he said.

“Don’t be misled by graphic illustrations and maps because our earth is not flat as on those maps,” he added.

When asked about the possibility that some of the military radars could have been inactive at the time the plane flew over Indonesia, Agus said, “don’t listen to rumors”.

“Many of our military radars, particularly those in the Western half of Indonesia, are integrated with civilian radars. So, even though some military radars were inactive, the area was still covered by civilian radars, which operate non-stop,” Agus said, adding that all military radars made regular real-time hourly reports to Jakarta.

“The majority of our civilian radars have both primary and secondary systems. So they would still have been capable of detecting an aircraft flying without its transponder switched on - albeit that would have been more difficult,” he added.

Agus also claimed that the Indonesia-Malaysia agreement on the exchange of radar data, which was signed in the 1990s, was still in effect.

“That’s why Najib has never mentioned Indonesian radar,” he concluded.

RI govt insists no detection of MH370 in RI airspace | The Jakarta Post

logo40.png

Indonesia joins in global effort to combat nuclear terrorism

Yohanna Ririhena, The Jakarta Post, The Hague | Headlines | Wed, March 26 2014, 9:30 AM

p02-bSerious-matter.img_assist_custom-499x386.jpg

Serious matter: Vice President Boediono (center) sits between British Prime Minister David Cameron (left) and European Council President Herman Van Rompuy at an informal plenary session on the last day of the Nuclear Security Summit (NSS) in The Hague on Tuesday. (AP/Bart Maat)

Indonesia has contributed to making the world safer from the threat of nuclear terrorism by taking five measures to reduce the risk of misusing nuclear material by terrorist groups, Vice President Boediono said on the second day of the Nuclear Security Summit (NSS) in The Hague on Tuesday.

“We have agreed to reaffirm our commitment to strengthen regional and multilateral cooperation as well as national efforts to ensure a higher standard of nuclear security. Indonesia stands ready to work closely with all parties to that end,” he said.

The five measures are installing radiation portal monitors (RPM) at important seaports; using low-enriched uranium in producing radio-isotopes and in the operation of nuclear research reactors; acceding to the International Convention for the Suppression of Acts of Nuclear Terrorism (ICSANT) in March 2014; drafting a bill on nuclear security that will be submitted to the legislature by 2015; and developing a National Legislation Implementation Kit on Nuclear Security (NLIK) as an Indonesian “house gift” to the NSS.

The kit will contribute to strengthening international cooperation on nuclear security. Other countries have also delivered their initiatives, termed “gift baskets”. Indonesia’s initiative was supported by 29 countries.

The Foreign Ministry’s director general for multilateral affairs, Hasan Kleib, said the NLIK could act as a model for any country preparing national legislation on nuclear security.

“Those who want to prepare national legislation on nuclear security could choose elements in the model that are suitable for them,” he said.

The Indonesian government required two years to finalize the NLIK draft and submitted it to the Netherlands as the NSS host.

At his opening speech on Monday, Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte acknowledged that working to build a safe and stable world was never easy. Citing former UN secretary-general Dag Hammarskjöld, he said the pursuit of peace and progress could never be relaxed and never abandoned.

“There is no magic formula we can use to free the world once and for all from the menace of nuclear terrorism. But sitting back and doing nothing is not an option. We are making progress, step by step,” he said.

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon warned the Ukraine crisis could have profound implications for the integrity of a global treaty designed to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons.

His comments suggested concern that events in Ukraine could make some countries more reluctant to give up nuclear weapon capabilities, or even tempt others to pursue them.

With more than 2,000 metric tons of dangerous material scattered across hundreds of sites, the risk that terrorists could get their hands on enough highly enriched uranium or plutonium to make a crude nuclear device is one of the greatest threats facing the world.

“Nuclear terrorism is about intent, capability and opportunity. It doesn’t take a Manhattan project to make a crude nuclear bomb, if you have the material,” Matthew Bunn, a professor at Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government, said during the Nuclear Knowledge Summit, held on the sidelines of the NSS.

The global stockpile of nuclear material is large enough to build more than 20,000 new weapons like the one that leveled the city of Hiroshima and almost 80,000 more like the bomb that destroyed the city of Nagasaki, both in Japan in 1945, during World War II.

During the NSS plenary session, 53 participating countries presented their national statements.

Rutte said countries’ statements demonstrated a broad determination to ensure the NSS process was successful, as all had the same goal of preventing nuclear terrorism.

The NSS was slated to conclude later Tuesday with a joint press conference by Rutte and US President Barack Obama, as chairman of the next NSS in Washington in 2016.

Indonesia joins in global effort to combat nuclear terrorism | The Jakarta Post

PT Dirgantara Kerjakan Pemesanan 100 Unit N219

hidayat-kunjungi-ptdi.jpg

Bandung - PT Dirgantara Indonesia (PTDI) mengerjakan pemesanan pesawat N219 yang akan digunakan di dalam negeri. Pesawat yang mengangkut 19 penumpang ini, mampu diproduksi PTDI sebanyak 15 unit/tahun.

"Pesawat N219 baru akan kerjakan, didesain tahun ini, dan dirakit tahun depan," kata Budi Santoso, Direktur Utama PT Dirgantara Indonesia dilansir dari Kontan, Sabtu (8/3/2014).

Dia mengatakan, pesawat tersebut ditargetnya pada akhir 2015 mendatang sudah bisa terbang. Pesawat-pesawat itu dipesan oleh pihak dalam negeri termasuk swasta dan pemerintah.

Pernyataan itu disampaikannya disela-sela kunjungan Menteri Perindustrian RI Mohamad S Hidayat dan Menteri PPN/Kepala BAPPENAS RI Armida Alisjahbana ke PT. Dirgantara Indonesia, Bandung, Jawa Barat.

Kunjungan itu juga dihadiri Dirjen IUBTT Kementerian Perindustrian Budi Darmadi dan diterima oleh Direkrur Umum PT. Dirgantara Indonesia Budi Santoso serta Direktur Teknologi dan Pengembangan PT. Dirgantara Indonesia Andi Alisjahbana.

Menurut PT DI, Proyek N-219 telah dimulai sejak 2004 lalu. Akibat krisis, proyek itu terkendala, namun kembali dilakukan dengan adanya pemesanan pesawat itu. Pesawat ini cocok untuk penerbangan perintis apalagi untuk wilayah Timur, khususnya untuk daerah kawasan pegunungan.

EraBaru Epochtimes - PT Dirgantara Kerjakan Pemesanan 100 Unit N219 | EraBaru Epochtimes

By 2020 How many Frigates and Missile Boats and Submarines you will have and also post details of Army and man please focus on your Air Force Man you should have at least 270 Fighter Jets of 4.5 Generation at least

12 Submarines and around 200 warships, but I doubt they can realize it at that time.......

By the way, currently my focus is on strengthening my own business....:D, I hope I can use the profit for 2024 election campaign, so I can realize your dream about Indonesia future Air Force then ... :partay:

12 Submarines and around 200 warships, but I doubt they can realize it at that time.......

By the way, currently my focus is on strengthening my own business....:D, I hope I can use the profit for 2024 election campaign, so I can realize your dream about Indonesia future Air Force then ... :partay:

So you think Jokowow or Prabowo can last at least for 10 years? eh? :D

So you think Jokowow or Prabowo can last at least for 10 years? eh? :D

I believe Jokowi will win this year and he will have two terms as well, so my best shoot is in 2024 ... :partay:

I believe Jokowi will win this year and he will have two terms as well, so my best shoot is in 2024 ... :partay:

i don't think so bro, but i hope your business is got well, glad to see someone business got thriving and prosper

By 2020 How many Frigates and Missile Boats and Submarines you will have and also post details of Army and man please focus on your Air Force Man you should have at least 270 Fighter Jets of 4.5 Generation at least

for KFX/IFX programme we are intended to produce at least 80 of them, and before 2020 we at least wanna to buy two squadrons fighter

i don't think so bro, but i hope your business is got well, glad to see someone business got thriving and prosper

Thanks sis, I hope all of us here (Indonesian PDF members) can contribute well to our nation....:cheers:

You are a politician and if yes which party you support

You are a politician and if yes which party you support

I am not a politician yet, before I was a member of a party, just so low rank member because I just finished my university and didn't have any political channel or much money, I was there just to contribute. But I am not satisfied with the way they work after I see the way they rules, actually I am not a pragmatic person, so I left them. I am currently thinking about setting up an NGO dealing in economics sector.

I am not a politician yet, before I was a member of a party, just so low rank member because I just finished my university and didn't have any political channel or much money, I was there just to contribute. But I am not satisfied with the way they work after I see the way they rules, actually I am not a pragmatic person, so I left them. I am currently thinking about setting up an NGO dealing in economics sector.
Why Indonesia is not working on their Air Force you are looking forward for that plane which will take ten years You need to have 4.5 Generation Fighters jets at least 270 and than go for 5 Generation Jets but even with that you need 270 Fighter Jets of 4.5 Generation other wise your Army and Navy are nothing but sitting ducks

Rabu, 26 Maret 2014 | 18:14 WIB
PT Pindad Targetkan Pendapatan Rp 2 Triliun

134726_620.jpg

Pengunjung memadati stand pameran yang memajang berbagai produk PT. Pindad pada pameran Hari Kebangkitan Teknologi Nasional di Sasana Budaya Ganesha, Bandung, Jawa Barat, Rabu (8/8). TEMPO/Prima Mulia

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Direktur Utama PT Pindad Tri Hardjono mengatakan, tahun ini, perusahaanya menargetkan pendapatan Rp 2 triliun. "Meski sempat tergerus rugi kurs akibat anjloknya nilai tukar rupiah terhadap dolar AS, Pindad masih bisa meraup pendapatan Rp 1,8 triliun pada 2013," katanya di Bandung, Rabu, 26 Maret 2014.

Menurut Tri, target rencana kerja pemerintah sekitar Rp 1,8 triliun sudah tercapai. Untuk mencapai target itu, Pindad mengandalkan penjualan alat utama sistem senjata pesanan pemerintah. "Tapi kami juga tidak mengurangi order nonmiliter, seperti bahan peledak komersial, transprotasi, dan sebagainya," ujarnya.

Tri menyatakan, mulai tahun ini, Pindad akan melepaskan produk baru untuk sistem senjata dan amunisi besar. Harapannya, kendaraan tempur produksi Pindak, Anoa, juga masih menjadi primadona TNI Angkatan Darat. "TNI AD masih membutuhkan cukup banyak alutsista untuk rencana pengembangan batalion infanteri mekanis," katanya.

Pindak, kata Tri, harus menjaga keseimbangan dari dua program utamanya, yakni sebagai BUMN harus cari untung dan sebagai industri pertahanan harus bisa mandiri. Jadi, dalam lima tahun ke depan, penguatan bisnis nonmiliter harus terus tumbuh. "Ini yang sedang kita kejar dan kembangkan ke depan," ujarnya

Wakil Menteri Pertahanan Sjafrie Sjamsudin optimistis target pengerjaan pesanan pemerintah untuk menggenapi target modernisasi alutsista 2010-2014 tuntas tahun ini. “Saya kira sudah masuk target, tinggal mengirimnya, mendistribusikan hasil dari produksi ini. Kami punya (waktu untuk) memfinalkan sampai 5 Oktober 2014," katanya saat berkunjung ke PT Pindad, Bandung. Dia datang ke Pindad mewakili High Level Committee untuk mengecek perkembangan proyek modernisasi alutsista milik TNI.

Menurut dia, target modernisasi alutsista pada Rencana Strategis 2010-2014 itu menjadi salah satu target kerja Kabinet Indonesia Bersatu jilid kedua. Komite tingkat tinggi yang berasal dari unsur Kementerian Pertahanan, Bappenas, Kementerian Keuangan, dan BPKP bertugas mengecek pesanan alutsista pemerintah yang tengah digarap sejumlah BUMN Strategis Indonesia. “Kami mengecek kualitas pembiayaan, pengadaan, dan pengawasan, apa betul ini on the track atau under,” katanya.

PT Pindad Targetkan Pendapatan Rp 2 Triliun  | -nasional- | Tempo.co

Pindad Revenue Targets Rp 2 Trillion

134726_620.jpg

Visitors thronged the exhibition booths displaying various products of PT . PINDAD on exhibition at the National Technology Day of Resurrection Sasana Budaya Ganesha , Bandung , West Java , on Wednesday ( 8/8 ) .

TEMPO.CO , Jakarta - President Director of PT PINDAD Tri Hardjono said , this year , his company is targeting revenue of Rp 2 trillion . " Despite being eroded by foreign exchange losses due to the falling value of the rupiah against the U.S. dollar , PINDAD can still reap revenue of Rp 1.8 trillion in 2013 , " he said in London , Wednesday, March 26, 2014 . According to Tri , the government work plan targets around Rp 1.8 trillion has been reached . To achieve this target , relying on sales PINDAD main weapon system of government orders . " But we also did not reduce non-military orders , such as commercial explosives , transportation has , and so on , " he said . Tri states , starting this year , PINDAD will release new products for major weapon systems and ammunition . Hopefully, the production of combat vehicles Pindak , Anoa , is still the belle of the Army . " Army still requires quite a lot of defense equipment for mechanical infantry battalion development plan , " he said .Pindak , Tri said , must maintain a balance of two main programs , namely as a state should be looking for profit and as a defense industry should be independent . So , in the next five years , strengthening non-military business should continue to grow . " This is what we are pursuing and develop into the future, " he saidDeputy Secretary of Defense Sjafrie Sjamsudin optimistic that the government order processing modernization of defense equipment to fulfill the target of this year completed 2010-2014 . " I think we have entered the target , stay sending , distributes proceeds from this production . We have ( for the time ) until October 5, 2014 to finalize , " he said during a visit to PT Pindad , London . PINDAD He came to represent the High Level Committee to check the development of the military -owned defense equipment modernization projects .According to him , the target modernization of defense equipment in the 2010-2014 Strategic Plan was to be one of the target work second United Indonesia Cabinet . High-level committee from the Ministry of Defense elements , Bappenas , Ministry of Finance , and served BPK check armaments government orders that are being worked a number of strategic state-owned enterprises in Indonesia. " We check the quality of financing , procurement , and supervision , what is true on the track or under , " he said .

Last edited:

I'm a little disappointed by his decision to step into election this year. His job as governor is not complete. Still many promises to fulfill.

I understand the decision most likely forced upon him by his party but, still.

Why Indonesia is not working on their Air Force you are looking forward for that plane which will take ten years You need to have 4.5 Generation Fighters jets at least 270 and than go for 5 Generation Jets but even with that you need 270 Fighter Jets of 4.5 Generation other wise your Army and Navy are nothing but sitting ducks

Brother, if only acquiring fighter jets is as easy as buying clothes. I would have 1000 jets for my country right now.

But, we can't just buy.. especially if it's 4.5 generation type.. there are many things to be prepared first... pilot training, infrastructure, maintenance, fuel sustainability etc. Right now, Indonesia is still lacking in those areas. We have the money, but everything else is not ready yet.
Say we buy 300 jets now, then what?.. even if the enemy do attack, there's not enough pilots to operate them.

It's not that we unaware of the current tension in the region but as of now Indonesia is not in a serious dispute with anyone. We don't want to draw any suspicion from the neighbors. We WILL build our military as strong as possible, but we shall build at the right pace, without sacrificing our other needs.

Last edited:
I'm a little disappointed by his decision to step into election this year. His job as governor is not complete. Still many promises to fulfill.

Brother, if only acquiring fighter jets is as easy as buying clothes. I would have 1000 jets for my country right now.

But, we can't just buy.. especially if it's 4.5 generation type.. there are many things to be prepared first... pilot training, infrastructure, maintenance, fuel sustainability etc. Right now, Indonesia is still lacking in those areas. We have the money, but everything else is not ready yet.
Say we buy 300 jets now, then what?.. even if the enemy do attack, there's not enough pilots to operate them.

It's not that we unaware of the current tension in the region but as of now Indonesia is not in a serious dispute with anyone. We don't want to draw any suspicion from the neighbors. We WILL build our military as strong as possible, but we shall build at the right pace, without sacrificing our other needs.

Mr even Frigates and Destroyers and Missile Boats and Tanks and MRLS are also not piece of cake Mr but you are buying them and buying them in large numbers but your government is such a dumbo that they are least focusing on Air Force which in this modern world is the most important thing and without a really strong Air Force your Army and Navy are nothing but sitting ducks and if you start ordering them now you won't get them in one year you would get them at least in 5 to 8 years by than you would have enough time to train pilots in your country and also if needed send them to China or Pakistan or any other country for training

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom