8ee270f8-2401-4e71-bc1c-e548468c1704_169.jpg

d9eccb0c-d08e-4487-9136-66a671d902d9

Last edited:
Indonesia trials improved R-Han 122 rocket
Kelvin Wong, Singapore - IHS Jane's Missiles & Rockets
12 October 2015
http://www.janes.com/article/55195/indonesia-trials-improved-r-han-122-rocket

1638976_-_main.jpg

An R-Han 122B rocket being launched during a live firing trial in West Java in August 2015. Source: Indonesian Ministry of Defence
An improved version of Indonesia's indigenously developed R-HAN 122 mm rocket has been successfully launched during live firing trials at the country's National Institute of Aeronautics and Space (LAPAN) test facility in Garut, West Java in August 2015.

The latest trial validated improvements in flight stability and range that were incorporated into the R-HAN 122B rocket after an earlier test in June.

The rocket is being developed by a consortium that includes state-owned aerospace and defence equipment developers PT Dahana, PT Dirgantara and PT Pindad, as well as LAPAN, and Indonesia's Ministry for Research, and the Technology and Agency for the Assessment and Application of Technology.

According to PT Dirgantara, the R-HAN 122B has an overall length of 2,810 mm and features a hydroxylammonium nitrate (HAN) rocket motor, which has a burn time of three seconds. Average stated thrust is 1,437 kg, with an impulse of 4,809 kg/s, enabling it to achieve a maximum range of 30.5 km. The rocket carries a 15 kg warhead, although no details were revealed on its type.

The company also stated that the R-HAN 122B is compatible with the Russian and Czech Republic Grad BM-21 and RM-70 multiple launch rocket systems (MLRS), the latter of which is in service with the Indonesian Marine Corps.
Indonesia trials improved R-Han 122 rocket - IHS Jane's 360

View attachment 264204

20151012antarafoto-inspeksi-pos-perbatasan-121015-pras-2.jpg

20151012antarafoto-inspeksi-pos-perbatasan-121015-pras-3.jpg

Komandan Satuan Tugas Pengamanan Perbatasan (Satgas Pamtas) RI-RDTL Yonif 725/Woroagi Mayor (inf) Nurman Syahreda (kanan) mengecek kondisi amunisi saat inspeksi di pos perbatasan Kewar, Lamaknen, Belu, NTT, Senin (12/10). Inspeksi tersebut bertujuan untuk mengecek kesiapan Satgas Pengamanan Perbatasan sekaligus memberikan pengarahan kepada anggotanya. (ANTARA FOTO/Prasetyo Utomo)

credit to Dicky Asmoro

12144906_10208213738724984_4996060514894155094_n.jpg
Is this Frigate being developed by Indonesia and if yes please tell about its features and what weapons it would have. On poster looks great

Okay so this is Sigma but their is one completely indigenous frigate project which is entirely designed and will be produced by Indonesia. Do you have any details about that ?

For the one which is completely design by Indonesia is still in very early phase of course, it is also more like destroyer by seeing the length.

For the one which is completely design by Indonesia is still in very early phase of course, it is also more like destroyer by seeing the length.
What I don't understand is you have build helicopter carrier on your own but never build a Frigate or Destroyer. That is strange

What I don't understand is you have build helicopter carrier on your own but never build a Frigate or Destroyer. That is strange

and now we are developing Midget Sub with Croatia. does this has something to do with "Diversity"?

H I Sutton - Covert Shores

Yugo_Dragon_show1.jpg

Drakon 220 is newest design of submarine, a spiritual successor to Una class, twice as large and has torpedo tubes, crew of 9 and additional 4 with in mind for special forces. Indonesia is interested in the sub. Possibly Croatia and Indonesia will cooperate and do a TOT.

I just recently found out that my country has a capable self sustaining military industry though not capable of producing helicopters nor jets...

index.php

We are building 2 frigates right now at PT PAL, but the design is from Damen.

Wikipedia says you plan to have 6 Sigma Frigates ? Is it true ?

In term of long term planning I guess it is 20 frigate, even in the past this number has been come up from The Navy.

As for Today, from recent news it said that Navy wants to order another 2 frigates after the initial 2 finishes in 2017 (according to plan).

Step by step buddy as PT PAL (state owned enterprise) is the only one which is responsible on it. They currently only have 2 dock for frigate building. PT PAL is the only shipyard in Indonesia who has design capability for big vessel.

PT Lundin (private owned) on the other hands is very good in designing smaller vessel.

Back
Top Bottom